• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tactical Paintball gun brainstorm

olethros

First Post
http://www.fnhusa.com/contents/ll_303.htm

The .68 caliber, 8.5 g weight projectiles utilize a fin stabilized polystyrene body and non-toxic bismuth forward payload to provide both a more accurate, greater effective range than other less than lethal weapons. The primary effect of the projectile is trauma, which directly neutralizes the aggressor. In addition, secondary effects from the projectiles can be delivered via a chemical payload depending on mission requirements.

So it's a tactical paintball gun.

What interests me is the "chemical payload". What kinda of things could we stick in there?
If I wanted to make the pellets, what craft skill would I use?

What kind of neat effects can we model?

Ideas?

Shallown

First Post
Chemical Payloads could be

Explosives
Acid
Any nerve agent/biological agent
Glow in the dark chems for easy targeting.
Radioactive tracers. (can't run away from me)
Mace or similiar blinding chemical
Heavy liquid like Mercury. Might make for a nastier impact.
Any druf that can be skin absorbant.

lots of neat nasty things to load in.

later

Feliks

First Post
olethros said:
http://www.fnhusa.com/contents/ll_303.htm

So it's a tactical paintball gun.

What interests me is the "chemical payload". What kinda of things could we stick in there?
If I wanted to make the pellets, what craft skill would I use?

What kind of neat effects can we model?

Ideas?

Long strand elasticisezed polymers that adhere then cure upon contact with the air, a sort of chemical bola if you will. A loogie gun. (stolen from a cyber punk novel I am fond of)

Shadowdancer

First Post
The Cyberpunk 2020 game had these. You could put acid, drugs or other substances in them. I had a pre-gen character in a convention one-shot adventuer who was armed with one that shot acid capsules. The other players sort of snickered about it. Until I saved their asses during a shootout by taking out several security guards with called shots to the head.

BernieS

First Post
U.S. Law Enforcement agencies have been using paintball guns with CS and UV paint for years now. They are photos floating around from Seattle WTO riots...they were used there and in Europe...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads