• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Taking Stock

Archon

First Post
Let's see where we stand.
I started this thread to take account of all of our resources. I'm not talking about the Circle's stuff, although he should include it, but i mean everything that the Phoenix Kingdom has going for it.
Like,
How many vessels do we have?
How many trained soldiers do we have and where are they?
How many cities do we have control over and who rules them?
Where are the Bluestar's forces and how are we going to coordinate with said forces?
Where are we training soldiers and who is doing the training?
Do we have a royal guard established yet and if so who does it consist of?
How many magic users do we command?
What cities are doing what? As in, what is being produced/mined in each city?
How many fully trained Shadows are there now?
Do we command the Warforged of Caer Albion now?
What supplies are we missing do bolster productivity? ie, are we short on lumber, ore, leather, or craftsmen of a specific type?
hmm...
that's all i have for now but you get the idea. Let's see where we are so we know if and when we'll be able to march on the offensive again.
mik

The_Universe

First Post
Archon said:
Let's see where we stand.
I started this thread to take account of all of our resources. I'm not talking about the Circle's stuff, although he should include it, but i mean everything that the Phoenix Kingdom has going for it.
OK. I might need you to drill down into specifics a bit for some of these, but I'll answer those questions that fall under my purview.

How many vessels do we have?
With the fall of Caer Albion, you have access to approximately 36 combat vessels, mostly frigates and sloops (45 guns and lower) from the Talon Shipmasters. However, many of those vessels are in disrepair, so we'll say that at current 3/4 of them are seaworthy (27), and only approx. 1/2 of those could go to sea with her full complement of weaponry (14).

In capturing Krosport, Crisoth, and Sylvanus, you probably gained another 40 combat vessels, most of those also not seaworthy (which is why they were in the docks, rather than out at sea). We'll say that 10 of them could hit the waters "today," 5 with a full weapn complement.

Dwarfsport would probably have had a few warships in its harbor, as well - say 12. All are seaworthy, 9 with a full weapon complement, but these would be the fastest to equip, since there are steeldrake foundries in Khaz Modan.

So, for combat vessels you have:
49 Seaworthy Warships (most of them smaller than ships-of-the-line), of which...
27 could go to sea with a full weapon complement. In total, after repairs, you'd have access to a fleet of...
88 Warships, before building a single ship.

That being said, efforts are being made to build ships, and in particular the Queen has a special project currently working in Khaz Modan, which would theoretically bring your total complement up to 89.

There are much large numbers of non-warships currently coming in and out of the varying ports you now control, a number of which could probably be converted into warships of a sort. However, they are not "owned" by the kingdom by right of conquest like the naval vessels are. You could probably purchase some of the vessels from their current owners, or encourage them to arm them themselves and take to privateering - but that's a reasonably complicated policy decision, and before you do that, you'd need to decide what (precisely) you want to do with your navy.

How many trained soldiers do we have and where are they?
Should I include the forces the Bluestar controls?

Do we command the Warforged of Caer Albion now?
No. They are the Bluestar's forces, though there are a few of them that seem to be following Kaereth around relatively consistently.

What supplies are we missing do bolster productivity? ie, are we short on lumber, ore, leather, or craftsmen of a specific type?
You can acquire pretty much anything you need through trade or production. The barrier is the kingdom's limited monetary resources, not what you can and cannot produce.

More answers to come.

The_Universe

First Post
Archon said:
How many cities do we have control over and who rules them?
Attached is a map of the territory you control on Prydein, contrasted with the territory that the Bluestar, the draconids, and the Falcon Kingdom still officially control.

Additionally, you control the area surrounding Sylvanus, running north to Quarion's Wall. The rest of the March of Sylvanus is still officially controlled by the Falcon Kingdom, but it's probably not worth it for you to send forces out to the villages/forest etc. as it would merely weaken Sylvanus's defenses - at the very least, it's not worth it to do so until and unless Sylvanus comes under some kind of serious threat.

Attachments

• prydein cut up2.jpg
    prydein cut up2.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 138

The_Universe

First Post
Where are the Bluestar's forces and how are we going to coordinate with said forces?
Either in the north, in and around Caer Albion, or on the Isle of Mourning. You'll be coordinating commands as you have been throughout the war thus far - commanders coordinating on important issues, while (otherwise) your forces operate independently. High level meetings between the Deathlord and Jaine continue as per normal, as such issues arise. Unless you tell me otherwise, I am going to assume that Archonus is no longer leading the Bluestar's forces.

Where are we training soldiers and who is doing the training?
You aren't. You've pretty much tapped the "willing, expendable adult male" population. Small numbers of volunteers continue to trickle in, and they're being gathered and trained at New Oceanus in the Alder's forest. You could start conscription, but that may not be a good idea so soon after conquering some of the territories you'd be conscripting from. For the most part, those volunteers are being trained by people from the former army of Prydein and Army of the Watch.

Do we have a royal guard established yet and if so who does it consist of?
Yes. Well trained soldiers that have proven their bravery and capability have been assigned to protect the Queen and the young princess.

How many magic users do we command?
Around a thousand, most of which are relatively low level. That includes Jansten's crew.

How many fully trained Shadows are there now?
Approximately the same number as before. Trainees are replacing losses, but you're not gaining much. Cawys has taken over much of their training, and their activities are being coordinated with the budding ministry that he is running for Xath.

Archon

First Post
i would seriously prefer that Marcus do much of the training while Archonus is not around. As far as i know Cawys is our resident Spymaster, and the Shadows (for the most part) are not spies. They are Elite scouts/skirmishers, trained for guerilla warfare.
But anyway, good stuff to know, thanks. as far as my previous question goes, "How many trained soldiers do we have and where are they?"
i meant the Phoenix Kingdom's forces, independent of the Bluestars, and our Mercenary numbers (which if you don't have i'm pretty sure i still do somewhere).
Also, as far as Archon's leadership of the Bluestar's forces go, if the Bluestar is still his master i would assume he would still serve the Bluestar (who might or might not know about AB's death). But that question and many more can be answered as soon as Archonus has a talk with Jaine.
Also, quick question, can Archon have access to AB's stuff (since his body is dead and he doesn't need it anymore)?

The_Universe

First Post
Archon said:
i would seriously prefer that Marcus do much of the training while Archonus is not around. As far as i know Cawys is our resident Spymaster, and the Shadows (for the most part) are not spies. They are Elite scouts/skirmishers, trained for guerilla warfare.
While the shadows aren't spies, their activities are largely dependent upon the successes of your spying operations, and they're probably more closely related to their activities than they are to the regular military. Marcus can do some of the training, but he's not the kind of expert in skulduggery that Cawys is. You're going to get more effective shadows if you include Cawys, though they may be marginally nicer people if you don't.

i meant the Phoenix Kingdom's forces, independent of the Bluestars, and our Mercenary numbers (which if you don't have i'm pretty sure i still do somewhere).
around 100,000-125,000. I have specific numbers somewhere, but I haven't calculated losses from the battles that up to (and including) Caer Albion.

Also, as far as Archon's leadership of the Bluestar's forces go, if the Bluestar is still his master i would assume he would still serve the Bluestar (who might or might not know about AB's death).
The Bluestar is definitely aware of AB's death - I think someone sent him a message of the magical variety shortly after it happened. How that plays into his relationship with the remaining Archon has yet to be determined. That needs to be played out in one fashion or another.

But that question and many more can be answered as soon as Archonus has a talk with Jaine.
OK. What's this talk about?

Also, quick question, can Archon have access to AB's stuff (since his body is dead and he doesn't need it anymore)?
Sure, but he doesn't really have all that much equipment of interest. I'll give his sheet a look - but I'm relatively certain that AA had better stuff (overall) than he did.

Archon

First Post
The Jaine/Archon talk is about the fact that he now has AB's memories, feelings and Oath of service to the Bluestar and how all of those might effect his ability to serve her.

The_Universe

First Post
Archon said:
The Jaine/Archon talk is about the fact that he now has AB's memories, feelings and Oath of service to the Bluestar and how all of those might effect his ability to serve her.
Cool - how do you want to get it done? We can do it IC, or not, depending on your preference.

Archon

First Post
I think a new IC thread would be fine, unless you see me online later and just want to hold the convo over messenger, either way is fine.

Remove ads