Tale Weaver's Vampire: The Masquerade OOC Board

izillama

First Post
*Clover walks onto the stage. There is a vein clearly throbbing at her temple, though it is unclear as to whether it is aggravated blood pumping through her undead body or just an unwilled action brought on by months of inactivity and the approaching holiday season.*
*Stoic and dramatic* Once upon a time, I died. I was cut down in the prime of my youth, forced to take on the responsibility of a creature I thought only existed in the darkest of tales. And the most unreal of tales. Who would have thought? Vampires? In Denver? Absurd!
And yet, somehow true.
And on Halloween night in my 18th year, I was brought to death: Because I had seen too much.
Of course, I guess I got luckier than a couple of others I knew. A priest, Father Koln, was also turned that night... into a babbling moron. I suppose he must have been a wise man in life. But in death? Oh God. Please forgive my impatience with his idiocy. Lunacy. I know it's not his fault. But... please.
And then there's Ruby. She was Amish and very simple in life. And... well... she's just very simple in death, too. It's like she's never seen the world before. And I guess she hasn't. Everything amazes her! She's like a hyperactive puppy... or kitten. It's irritating, but at least I can talk to her.
Lacey wasn't there at the beginning. We met her later. And oh... what can I say about Lacey? *thinks* I think it would be better if I didn't.
And what would be newfound supernatural responsibility without the obligatory bad guys to take down? Other vampires: Shooting at us! Hunting us down! And for what? For a man Koln and myself never knew? Because he got it into his damned head that it would be great to turn us?
This was Prestor. Hey! You know what would be fun? Let's turn a Catholic priest and the brightest mind of her generation into vampires! Wheee!
Ok, maybe that's being a bit too liberal with titles. Koln is, after all, some sort of martial arts master Catholic priest... guy. And I may be bright, but it actually then is pretty absurd that I would have even gotten myself into this situation. Maybe that's called irony? I don't know.
But really! Was it too much to ask to be left alone? To be left to our own devices? Especially me! What the f*** did I have to do with any of this crap in the first place, damnit!?
*composes herself* In any case, and now it's the holiday season again. It's nice to see the city by night, as a vampire. All the pretty lights. All the colors. We're up so late, we even get to see them turn off again. But while they're on, it's nice. It's peaceful.
There are lots of crowds, too. In the malls and shopping centers. So many hundreds of people each night going about their consumer-driven quest to find the one. And so, we too can find the one. Really. Out of the hundreds and hundreds of shoppers, who misses one face out of the crowd while they get dragged down a back alley for a little snack? So many of them are already buzzed. They don't even realize what's happened.
Mortals are so foolish. So oblivious. To be on this side of the fence--to be able to see this side of the night--it's almost interesting, from the standpoint of a scholar-turned-vampire. How fragile the human race really is. How stupid they really are. How thick-headed and blinded by goals. So blinded, in fact, that the sheep don't even realize that the wolf is among them until it's too late.
But I digress. Probably, by the end of the Christmas season, our quest still will probably not have progressed. Most likely, anyway. And so, to all those out there who would care to hear me out--to listen to reason--I offer this advice.
Watch your backs. We do.

Strider_Koln

First Post
Oui! What she said! I am getting le dusty from nonuse! So quick, someone use me or blow on me, or else I am just a blinking blue screen of doom! ....I don't even know what I am saying anymore. *sob*

Tale_Weaver

First Post
Some Deleted Scenes

Because it was getting very late that night of the live game and I would have felt like I was talking to myself way too much, some dialogue and scenarios didn't appear in the actual game that I had been toying with.

This first one is some dialogue between Thaddeus and Prince Edward after Thaddeus first appears.

Edward says "How dare you make trouble in my city and use me for your vile schemes! I will see you dead tonight!"

Thaddeus responds with wicked laughter "Kill me? Like you did to meddling Tony? Yes, you are rather a victim of your own paranoid justice. It will be your downfall!"

This next scene was a possible way for Thaddeus to get leverage over the group to get them to give up the serums.

Thaddeus brings the pommel of his sword down on the back of Ruby's neck. Ruby goes limp. Thaddeus holds her up and pulls her head back revealing her pale throat. He holds the blade of the sword up to her throat. "Give me the serums or the girl dies! I will lob off her head and send her off to the gods, they will not be merciful I assure you!"

Another thing I was going to add in was the appearance of Racheal (Jacob Pretsor's past wife). She would have added some muscle to the group but it would have been out of her character to act directly like that. She also knows that she couldn't hope to defeat Thaddeus. She would have the motive though considering that she knows Thaddeus killed Jacob.

Suzy was another possible appearance. I would have had her give dialogue to the group to make you feel guilty about your choices throughout the storyline and give more reason behind her change. It was rather redundant though and there will be more chances to develop her character in a future story.

The last scenario I was toying with was having Ruby run away from the battle itself to save the group from her frenzy. Having only 1 bloodpoint and taking damage like she did it would easily be possible for her to frenzy. This could have been a good way to separate her from the group but I didn't want you guys to feel like you had to chase after her.

Tale_Weaver

First Post
Lacey's Tattoos

lacey-tatoos.png

Remove ads