• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Talisman 4E! Whoa!

Agamon

Adventurer
3E suxxored with it's gothy art and wacked rule changes. And that's all the edition war salvo you get from me. :p

BI is getting a lot of my money this year...

Korgoth

First Post
Mighty Korgoth yelling at his computer screen when the trailer got to the actual image of the board and components: "Oh, you're kidding me! You're kidding me!"

Must. Get.

Just the other day I was thinking about my 1e Talisman and how worn out the components are, and how it would be cool if some of the rules weirdnesses were fixed or clarified.

Any word on the MSRP of this hot dog?

Mercule

Adventurer
Simplicity said:
As much as I want to get this... I can't. It looks like it's exactly the same game as 2nd edition Talisman with updated graphics. I have like 3 expansions for the 2nd edition game, updated artwork is not going to get me to go back to vanilla. :-/

Pretty much my thoughts. If the rules are a bit fixed (our games were interminable), I'll consider it.

Simplicity

Explorer
The original game WAS interminable, because the power of the Crown of Command was just not all that hot. It's been buffed a little bit in 4e to affect all players, but it used to not be unusual to just hang around a while after the player got the crown and buff up even more before confronting the "winning" player.

One of the expansions added various endgames that made it much more likely that the person who got to the center won. Well... unless they got the horrible black void. That just sucked. :)

Treebore

First Post
I want to know how people saw this months ago, and apparently could have even played it. I can understand if your like Merric and have been following the Black Ind. announcements, but this game won't be available until October, with the exception of 200 copies at GenCon, plus copies like James Mishler was sent, since he does reviews for SCRYE magazine.

Thats what I want to know.

I have never owned Talisman. I have only played it. I enjoyed it enough that I am determined to get this edition for Christmas.

painandgreed

First Post
Simplicity said:
As much as I want to get this... I can't. It looks like it's exactly the same game as 2nd edition Talisman with updated graphics. I have like 3 expansions for the 2nd edition game, updated artwork is not going to get me to go back to vanilla. :-/

I'd agree but considering since I lost my old copy and expansions, it would cost me hundreds of dollars to get it again and play.

Chris_Nightwing

First Post
Darmanicus said:
Damn straight!!!

Crikey I can't remember if I had 1e or 2e now? I just know I had every expansion for it and then stoopidly sold it all for a pittance :(

My bad.

Ah those were the good old days when GW came out with the likes of Kings & Things and Warrior Knights.

Fantasy Flight Games have released an updated edition of Warrior Knights. It's quite fun, but I recommend increasing the standard game time.

I remember Talisman 2e (I think) fondly. Especially the Timescape - playing a Space Marine was just sick.

Thrommel

First Post
I played the second edition a lot with my buddies back in the day. Then I moved a couple times and lost parts of the expansions (Dungeon, Timescape, etc.) I bought the re-release that came out a few years ago and was underwhelmed. It just was not the fun beer-n-pretzels experience I remembered.

In terms of Titan, unless there is another edition in development, FFG released an expanded version called Colossal Arena.

Knizia also did a sci-fi version of the game through GMT called Galaxy but that is now out of print.

-Thrommel, who will henceforth be using "KNIZIA!" in place of "Ah-choo!"

Remove ads