• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Talking Lion?

ronin

Explorer
I have a druid PC in my current campaign who wants to be able to speak while wildshaped as a lion. I know they can use tongues but is there a spell similar to speak with animals but the other way around?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

chitzk0i

Explorer
In the Magic Item Compendium, there's a magic pearl that lets you speak a particular language. When I first read it, I thought it just gave you the knowledge of that language, but it could be interpreted to aslo grant the power of speech.

Infiniti2000

First Post
Absolutely there is something. It is perhaps the most overlooked option: spell research. Just create a spell similar and yet opposite to speak with animals.

Thurbane

First Post
Homebrew feat?

VOICE OF THE RAVEN [WILD]
Prerequisites: Wis 13, wild shape ability, Natural Spell
Benefit: You may speak as normal while in wild shape, so long as your current form has some kind of vocal abilities. For instance, a druid in the shape of a lion could converse normally in any language he knows, but could not do so while in the shape of a violet fungus.
Special: This feat also permits the use of spell completion, spell trigger and command word operated magic items. You must still have any required manipulative digits, and items melded within your current form cannot be activated.

Jhulae

First Post
There is a feat somewhere. The Master of Many Forms in our campaign has it. I can't remember what it's called though and we don't game for another two weeks. However, I *can* say that it's from a WotC book, not a 3rd party source, so that might help narrow things down.

escaflowne777

First Post
I believe wild speech is a class feature of the master of many forms, not a feat. I do think though it's close to the beggining of the prestige class, so if the player doesn't mind taking one or two prestige levels. It's a pretty solid class too.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads