D&D 5E Tall's PotA Campaign - IC

Thateous

Explorer
J.V. takes out a piece of parchment and sketches the symbol on the wall before following Ilvellios out of the cavern and into the tavern. Just as he was about to find his own seat he overhears his name and joins the conversation taking place between Ilvellios, a deep gnome, and a human. "Did someone say my name? J.V. at your service."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ed598l.jpg

Red Larch
Late afternoon

It looked like several itinerant adventurers were in the town today. “Then if you’re ready, we can leave in an hour or in the morning, whichever suits you best,” Errol told the interested parties.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Errol’s Mini Stats]
Errol Dax
AC: 15
HP: 28/28
Superiority Dice: 4/4 @ d8 (Commander’s Strike, Rally, Trip)
Arrows: 40/40
[/sblock]

TallIan

Explorer
Harbuk looked pleasantly surprised, "Well your little scouting mission just became quite the party. I hope you find something, I could use the relief and the money from Mirabar should be good for you. Sorry we can’t offer much more, but I'll see what I can do about getting you a free night in the Swinging Sword across the road."

With that Harbuk stands up and leads the party to the inn facing the tavern where he manages to negotiate a free room for anyone who buys a meal.

The next morning the party gathers on the road to Womford. After a few hours travel you spot carrion birds circling in the air to one side to one side of the road. In the distance in a prominent tower that commands great views over the area. Leaving the road you come to a small dip in the ground directly below where the birds were circling. Looking around you don’t require any great skill to spot that there has been a brief battle here, some arrows stick out the ground and patches of earth are torn up by scuffling feet.

You are here

Last edited:

Yavathol

Explorer

Walking lightly, as only a wood elf can, Ilvellios seems to enjoy the stroll and talks occasionally with his companions while staying alert for trouble. When the group reaches the battleground, he immediately stops and carefully looks around to see if any ambushers or dangerous scavengers are lurking in the undergrowth.

OOC:
[roll0]

[sblock]Ilvellios hp 21/21
Str +0(+2 Saves), Dex +3(+5 Saves), Con +1, Int +0, Wis +2, Cha -1
Acrobatics +5, Survival +5, Stealth +5, Insight +5, Perception +5
AC 16
Inspiration no
Ki: 3/3
HD: 3/3
Quarterstaff +5, 1d8+3
Unarmed/Radiant Bolt +5, 1d4+3
http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...otA-Campiagn&p=6897912&viewfull=1#post6897912
[/sblock]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ed598l.jpg

Road to Womford
Morning

Before they left Red Larch, Errol took a moment to address the others, giving them encouragement in their search.

[sblock=OOC]Inspiring Leader feat. Everyone gets 5 temporary hit points.[/sblock]

As they reached the place where the carrion birds circled just off the road, Errol walked around the perimeter, trying to read the signs. Clearly a battle had been fought. The arrows and chaotic footprints were a clue. He searched around, trying to find out anything else.

[sblock=Actions]
Action: Perception: 1D20+2 = [13]+2 = 15
Move:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

Errol Dax
HP: 28/28 +5 thp
[/sblock]

Thateous

Explorer
J.V. puts his face inches away from the ground, picking up small patches of grass and dropping them while observing the results. He steps carefully throughout the scene taking note of the number of steps, size of prints, depth of the impressions. He places a finger in a patch of blood, checking for volume, coagulation levels, scent, grittiness, and even taste. Finally, he retrieves and arrowhead and inspects its quality and any other identifiable characteristics in an attempt to discern its origins.

Yavathol

Explorer
After a short time peering around without being ambushed, Ilvellios joined the others and looked around for tracks. A look of irritation briefly crossed his face as one of the others inadvertently disturbed a bent piece of grass, but overall he was quite impressed at the attention to detail being shown by his companions.

OOC:
[roll0]

Trogdor1992

First Post
Snikkelfritz looks around at the area and says "Battle was seen here. How long do you think it's been since the victors left?"

Sent from my HUAWEI Y536A1 using Tapatalk

TallIan

Explorer
As the party reaches the scene of battle they notice that off in the distance flying creatures can be seen coming and going from Feathergale Spire. Considering the distance to the tower (about 8 miles) these creatures must be huge.

Ilvelios' careful assessment of the area reveals that the camp site was very well chosen. For a temporary camp this site is all anyone could ask for. The depression hides the camp from the surrounding area, and the mostly flat surroundings make it impossible to sneak up on the camp. There are some small depressions surrounding the battle site, but they couldn't hold more than 3 or 4 attackers.

Searching the area just beyond the depression that the camp was in reveals four graves hidden in their own depression. One of them has been partially dug open by scavengers.

J. V. notices that most of the arrows are imbedded in the ground at an angle that suggest extreme range when shooting or shooting from above. Given that the attackers would not be able to see into the camp when shooting from so far this would be very odd or require massed troops.

As Ilvelios tries to make sense of the tracks it emerges that there are no approaching tracks for an attacker or departing tracks for anyone. To one side of the depression is a mass of huge claw and paw marks, with human tracks leading to and from the battle site around the camp. You also find wagon tracks than arrive and stop, with no sign of a wagon.

All of this seams to have happened a little over a week ago.

GM: Because I am a bit lazy and because I don't really like the concept, I'm not using the Forgotten Realms tenday. I'm sticking to a week of seven days.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ed598l.jpg

Road to Womford
Morning

Errol surveyed the field and went over to check out the graves. He poked around in the scavenged grave to see what he could find. Mounting one of the slight rises between the depressions, he looked toward the distant tower, shielding his eyes against the sun. The impression he’d gotten from those in town was that the inhabitants of Feathergale Spire were Waterdhavian dilettantes play-acting at being knights. The woman he was looking for might be there.

Errol turned back to the campsite. Things here were mighty strange and didn’t add up. There were no signs of the attackers, other than the arrows. Being an archer himself, Errol knew how it worked, and the trajectories were...off.

“I wonder if anyone at the tower saw anything,” Errol mused, looking in the direction of Feathergale Spire once more.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

Errol Dax
HP: 28/28 +5 thp
[/sblock]

Remove ads