D&D 5E Tall's PotA Campaign - IC

TallIan

Explorer
Round 4

Duran takes his time to see what attacked the pack lord from the other side of the camp. Illvilious runs up to the river and jumps across. Falling just short he lands with a splash, but maintains his balance and continues his pursuit, getting close enough to launch his bolt of light, but it goes wide. Errol also takes his time to determine what attacks the gnoll. Nariah looses a bolt of eldritch energy, but only scorches the earth near the pack lord.

Yelping now in panic the pack lord hastens his retreat. Two more javelins follow him into the bushes, one scoring a hit, but he scampers away.

A strange whistley voice from where the javelins were launched calls out in broken common, "You kill dog man! You our friend?" with the voice to direct you you can spot a feathered humanoid, similar to the one tied up in the camp. He appears to be holding one javelin in a half ready pose. You cannot see the source of the second javelin.

GM:
Initiative: Group 1: Party
Group 2: Gnolls and scouts
[SBLOCK=Rolls and notes]
Scout 1 attack and damage: 1D20+4 = [3]+4 = 7
1D6+2 = [1]+2 = 3

Scout 2 attack and damage: 1D20+4 = [14]+4 = 18
1D6+2 = [2]+2 = 4

Scouts stealth roll: 1D20+2 = [19]+2 = 21
1D20+2 = [10]+2 = 12

[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Conditions]
Gnoll Pack Lord: 2/49 hex (twice)
[-]Gnoll 1: 0/22 DEAD[/-]
[-]Gnoll 2: 0/22 DEAD[/-]
[-]Gnoll 2: 0/22 DEAD[/-]
Errol : 28+5/28
Illvilious: 21+5/21
Duran: 24+5/24
Nariah: 18+5/18
J.V.: 28+5/28
[/SBLOCK]

Positions
Gnoll Pack lord has run deep into the bushes on the opposite side of the camp. you will have to pursue if you want to attack.
Illvilious on the west bank half way to the fire pit.
The rest party is on the edge of the bushes on the east bank.
Aaracokra 1: is trying to remain hidden in the bushes to the left of the camp. Opposite where the gnolls emerged from.

Last edited:

TallIan

Explorer
OOC: So it seems that after I edit a post tapatalk/enworld app don't display things properly. When I first posted the round 4 it was working, after I edit it it doesn't show everything on my phone.

So please do "quote" the post to see all the text. I'll try and avoid editing posts then and try and get hold of tapatalk tech support.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ed598l.jpg

Temple of Howling Hatred
Day 4/Evening
Round 0

Errol held up his hand as another of the feathered creatures emerged, the pack lord fleeing away into the underbrush. “Parley!” he called to them, lowering his bow.

Crossing the river, Errol started collecting his arrows. “We are not your enemy, and we could be friends,” Errol confirmed with the bird-man. “I am Errol Dax,” he introduced himself.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Errol’s Mini Stats]
Errol Dax
AC: 15
HP: 28/28 +5 thp
Superiority Dice: (3/4/R @ d8) (Commander’s Strike, Rally, Trip)
Arrows: 34/40
Action Surge (1/R)*
Second Wind (1/R)
Inspiring Leader (1/R)*
[/sblock]

TallIan

Explorer
Sighing Valley
Day 4 Afternoon

One of the aarakokra comes out of the bushes and heads towards the prisoner. "Any enemy of the gnoll is a friend of mine" says Duran. The aarakokra looks up and says, “Friend,” bobbing his head.

As Errol crosses the river and introduces himself he walks towards Errol, “Erow Dass,” he says struggling to get the strange words out of his beak. “Meeruat,” he says pointing to himself then continues in broken common “Thank for killing dog men. They kill one friend…capture one.” He points to the prisoner tied up in camp. “Why dog men fight you?”

At that, the other aarakokra comes into the camp from the direction the pack lord fled and says something to the first aarakokra in a language you can't understand. Meeruat bobs his head affirmatively before returning his attention to the question.

TallIan

Explorer
Sighing Valley
Day 4 Afternoon

Meeruat’s companion attends to the imprisoned aarakokra, freeing and offering him aid. It is apparent that he is suffering from exposure, but doesn’t appear to be in any danger. Your group is able to cross the river and gather in the camp.

“Yes, clever…follow.” Says Meeruat in response to Duran’s suggestion. He leads you into the bush following the river back the way you had come, but on the other bank.

Only a few hundred yards farther you come across a small clearing where some simple shelters have been built from foliage. From this point you cannot see Feathergale Spire as the Howling Plateau blocks it from site.

“More fiends, that way.” He says pointing westward, “Watch spire men come…go. Here is safe.” He sits himself on a log and as he continues you notice how he is constantly checking the sky. “We watch spire men – bad men. We are…were five. Dog men kill one. Four now. Not go home with four, must wait for more friends from home.”

OOC: There is no boat, the only way across is to swim or jump. From the description of the river I can't see it being more that 10 to 15ft wide, so I'd settled for 12ft, forgetting how generous D&D jumping rules were.

Azurewraith

Explorer
"We have no love for the men in that spire either. Why are you here, what are you doing? Did you see any prisoners being taken up there. Sorry so many questions and I haven't even introduced my self. I am Duran and I fear these whipper snappers are rubbing off on me. Currently we are trying to infiltrate the air cult in order to bring them down."

TallIan

Explorer
Sighing valley
Day 4, Afternoon

"We watch, spire men serve evil prince of air. We fight prince in our home, now fight him here. People come and go from spire, from spire to gulley, from gulley to spire. Some fall... pushed...from spire to ground...dead."

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Remove ads