D&D 5E Tall's PotA Campaign - IC

Yavathol

Explorer
OOC: I knew we were the ones they are waiting for! Good job with the telepathy:)

So do we want to pull back and go around them?

Thateous

Explorer
GeturQd.jpg
JV laid still for a moment contemplating his own stupidity, "I never came up with a way to signal these guys were bad news. No way i'm crawling back, that was tiring." Just then he found his answer. Suddenly the cries of numerous ravens could be heard in the trees 30 feet to his rear followed by strange tremors. with multiple points of origin. He laid there for a second, as the trembling gave him a minor massage, hoping his companions received he message.
[sblock=OOC] Using Thaumaturgy to its fullest extent. Feel free to receive or not receive the message. The latter would make for an interesting next few moments.[/sblock]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ed598l.jpg

Dessarin/Red Larch
Day 7/Morning
Round 0

Errol remained crouched in the brush with his crossbow trained on the unawares men. Suddenly there was the sound of a murder of ravens and the ground trembled slightly.

“What in the world…” Errol muttered, glancing around for any further danger.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:.
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Errol’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 2
AC: 16
HP: 36/36 HD: 4/4d10
Superiority Dice: (4/4/R @ d8 DC 14) (Commander’s Strike, Rally, Trip)
Arrows: 35
Bolts: 22
Action Surge (1/R)
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+4)
Inspiring Leader (1/R 6)
[/sblock]

TallIan

Explorer
GM: Hmmm, I think I'm going to call for a stealth roll for casting a vocal spell so close to an enemy without being heard - I will allow advantage since you are hidden and they are already "hearing voices".

For those who want to understand the meaning of JV's spell, they will have to make a DC 10 insight check to understand more than danger from it.

Yavathol

Explorer
Hanging back where they had first spotted the ambush, Ilvellios hoped his comrades could keep quiet; he really didn't want to fight such odds but was confident his speed would allow him to come to their side if needed. As he cast an eye back towards town, the unusual noises and tremors caught his attention..

OOC:
Ilvellios insight:
[roll0]

TallIan

Explorer
GM: So JV's and Nariah's patrons obviously have aligning goals... :D

While everyone feels a sense of danger from the tremors and sudden flight of birds. As well JV's signal indicating the danger is specific to the group, I'll allow JV's signal to anser the following questions with a yes or no;
Does JV's want you to join him where he is?
Does JV want you to circle round and attack from the rear?
Is JV coming back to the group?

The group can only really respond by doing what JV suggests or not, indicating refusal. Unless you can think of some other way to signal back.

Remove ads