• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tauren Player Race [more Warcraft races to come]

katahn

First Post
Class restrictions aren't appropriate for a "vanilla" 4e game, so I'd remove them. Culturally the tauren wouldn't have NPCs (or very, very, very few) that are "arcane" classes, and even "divine" classes would be rare. As a tribal people, they'd be strongly tied to martial and primal power sources, which means their NPCs would be limited to fighters, rangers, and warlords from the PHB1.

Tauren characters could be clerics, paladins, rogues, or whatever else, but they'd definitely be out-of-step with their culture. Of course with fighter, ranger, and warlord the taurens have every role covered but controller. Shamans would make another leader class with the primal source, and perhaps hunters could be primal controllers (using their pets to achieve their "controllerish" features maybe). Of course I favor the druid as a primal controller in D&D, but the rumors I've heard indicate that in the PHB2 a druid will be a primal striker.

Remove ads