• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Tavern) City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn I

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhatKu

First Post
"Wich job do you guys want to take? Im willing to help out Tiggle, because if I ran out of Ale, who knows what would happen. Hunting undead would require more people then Tiggles job would. I doubt we can take out some Trolls"

MeepoTheMighty

First Post
"I say we take the first job, with whoever's fool enough to join us. With me skill and Grendath's luck, we can't go wrong."

Last edited:

WizWrm

First Post
Velbrik, who had been watching the events quietly, turns from his barstool to face the crowd.

"In all honesty, I am very much intrigued by the first job. The Volstein heir seeks his birthright in a tomb inhabited by undead? There's bound to be an interesting story behind that, knowing what little I do of the Volstein family history, and a good deal of excitement besides," Velbrik says, "Which is something I could certainly use after weeks of dusty travel."

"The second, on the other hand - it pays well, but it seems to me to be a fairly dull trudge down to the fens to seek out a troll - remarkably tough creatures, as far as I know - and fight him in a battle whose results would be uncertain. I think I'd like to avoid death for the time being. I believe, though, that a properly formed ambush could do the job with slightly less uncertainty - that would be my suggestion to any group taking the offer."

"The third, however, might turn out to be just as interesting as the first - though it is my suspicion that it's merely the work of mischievous children or fey, or perhaps a fellow with a grudge who'd like to see the Vingarians in rags."

Velbrik turns to Troi, "If you don't mind, I'll wait a bit to see what the turn-out is for your notice on the third job, though considering prior obligations, I will let your offer take priority for now." Nodding to Zumar, he says, "It's possible I might find myself in your company. I don't believe we've been introduced. I am Velbrik, a bard of Nobian training. Besides the usual bardic repertoire, I have studied history, magic, and the art of silence."

MeepoTheMighty

First Post
"Aye, and silence be worth its weight in gold, especially when dealing with the living dead. You're welcome to come along, provided yer fool songs don't bring a horde of ghouls breathing down our necks, and provide we don't have to risk our necks to save ye."

Zumar thrusts his hand out at shakes Velbrik's roughly. "Name's Zumar Dakarr, a student of the Crimson Sash. Remember me name, for ye'll be hearin it in the songs a few years hence."

After thinking a while to himself, Telerin sighed and nodded. Tapping his leg to keep Whitefang close, he walked over to Troi, "I almost hate to say it, good sir, but I think you can count me out for tommorrow. I think I'd prefer to rest and be lazy for a little while longer," he smiled as best he could and shrugged, "But I wish you good luck, and if you do travel into my forests...I suggest watching yourself. It can be dangerous at times."

WizWrm

First Post
Velbrik shakes Zumar's hand firmly.

"You won't be needing to worry about 'fool songs,' my friend. I never really took to the art of singing, though I did spend time training my voice for storytelling, which means that, if I were coerced into singing somehow, I could still do it slightly better than Grak," Velbrik says with a faint smile. "The closest you'll be to hearing a song from me might be a very occasional ode to one hero or other. And I wouldn't waste time reciting one unless I had a purpose."

Jade Solstar

First Post
Grim said:
Milo watches the events surrounding the postings with interest, but in all the din and chatter he can't quite figure out who is doing what. He gets up and goes over to Tiggle.

"I'll take the pick up job." He turns to the crowd. "Anyone else up for it?"

Turning on his heel, Torindel grins broadly and steps next to Milo and Tiggle putting his hand on Tiggle's shoulder says "Aye Mr.Milo you have my bow on this adventure for our dear bartender Tiggle. What would I do if I couldn't get a Tossed Treant ? As many times as Joe and Tiggle have helped me out with my tab I am more than happy to extend a hand.

What about you two, Khaz and Sturm you gonna come along for the fun ? I know we could use a hand, never know who or what you'll see on the roads and I know I could use the Laughing Warrior's blessing... I've called for his aid on more than one ocassion where I had gotten into a little more than I could handle."

Snipehunt

First Post
LLolian finishes his second Naked Eye.

"Whooo. Good stuff.

"I'm feeling braver than normal. I'm up for helping Tiggle, if I'm wanted," he says to Milo and Torindel.

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Sturm looks back, seemingly oblivious to Tiggle's banter for a moment, then a smile washes over his face.

"Torin' ole lad! Didn't catch your face out of this messy crowd when I came in! Yea I took the long way out o' that cave, on through to the other side 'n slept a while by a nice li'l pond full o' these nasty trickin' butterflies... I wake up an' find they stole my da's ole ring and hid it way up in the branchies!" He holds out his right hand, admiring the well-worn, heavy band of iron with his family signet pressed deep in the middle. "Took me nigh an hour o' the meanest hollerin' and badgerin' ever done in me life to get it back."

He turns back to Tiggle. "Now what was that ye said? No charge? Well ain't that handsome! In that case, Joe, I'll have whatever ain't dear to you the least, as I got no stomach fer abusin' generosity. But bring it over here, will ye?"

He moves over to Torindel's table, scythe wagging over his head like some silly tail as he goes; as he seats himself in a proper chair, he removes it and rests it an arm's length away against the table.

He looks to Ned. "So you're an artsy one? You should meet my cousin Shmel! Carved out this likeness of ole Greff the Impenetrable so reckonable they put it out by the barracks' meatstore to scare the kobies away from thievin'! 't worked, too, better'n a half-dozen lazy-eyed recruits ever did." He chuckles softly, and a little spitefully, to himself. "So anyway, what you've got yourself drawin' for this handsome one's niecy? Just tell me it ain't no flowers, is all I ask!"

He slaps his left hand on the table with undo emphasis, breaking some scabs and splattering some small amount of blood from what appears to be a recent dogbite.

"Vexin' 'ounds..." he mutters, then turns: "Hey Joe! Can I get a rag out here or somethin'? I'm makin' a mess o' this wicky nice place you got!" Not waiting for a rag, he awkwardly pulls some shirt out from under his scale mail, and mucks its end over the tabletop.

Meanwhile, Sturm listens in to Zumar and Velbrik's banter, taking no interest in the history or politics, but liking the idea of pay and fightin'.

"So what's been offered on this livin' dead one? And who's the one offerin'?" He gestures with his working eyebrow toward Brindle. "If it's that one, I wouldn' expect and see just a glint o' the gilly what's been promised..." He takes a sip of his drink. "'at one looks stabbier than a halflin' with a twitch."

Hearing those vowing to help bring in his shipment Tiggle jumps with glee. "Verry good, verry good, this way I can make sure that I will be brewing new drinks for years to come..... hmmm let me see much to plan much to plan. Its a large shipment so between driving the team of wagons and guarding it as may be needed I think you should gather five or six. When you have those names give em to me and we can go back to my room and talk details."

OOC: once you assemble the group I will start a new thread and we can continue adventure prep there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads