(Tavern) City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

RillianPA

First Post
Rillian hefts his pack, the stool squealing in relief, and saunters over to Coom's table.

"Um, ah, hi I'm Rillian Trilnason, and my pa's Tril Merilson. I'm new here, but I'll try hard. What's the trouble? Who are the people? Where would we need to go?"

Rillian finally draws a breath. "Um, pa always says make sure the deals made up front, so ah, um, would there be any recompense for this job?"

/ooc He's got to ask, pa would slap him silly (verbally) otherwise, but dont worry he is definitely taking the job.

Last edited:

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
The old man splays his hands out, palms up, and it is unclear whether the gesture is a shrug or indicating his clothing, which is threadbare at best. He smiles slightly, and then says "My good fellow, I am but a poor man." His expression changes to one of mock-sadness. "All I can hope from the good people here is charityyy." But no hard feelings for asking, adds his body language, and his smile again takes hold of him.

Just remembered the voice I was attempting to give Coom- W.C Fields. Just imagine that, whatever the quality of my attempted transcription.

Last edited:

DM-Rocco

Explorer
"Thank you ladies and gentle men for your kindness," said Robillard to the gathering crowd. His tales have become more popular with the long days of summer approaching and lack of employment," no, I must take a break, perhaps another story within the hour. No, your to kind, but Sparrow will return."

Robillard made his way to the bar, his keen elven ears hearing the tale of woe from the poor unclean man. Ordering a drink from his favorite barmaid, he sits at an opposing table and slowly enjoys his wine. He occasionally watchs the unkept man, something seems wrong and it is not the fact that he is asking for help, this little man knows more than he is letting on to.

Robillard Lath'eon grabs the nearest wench and begins whispering into her ear, fienting interest in the young lady, he strains his ears to listen a bit more, and his eyes to judge the man on his actions and body language. If there is adventure to be had, he will partake, but something seems fishy about his smile, and he will not appraoch until he figures it out.

RillianPA

First Post
Rillian shrugs, not particularly bothered by the lack of payment, and relieved that that part of the discussion is past. He sits down

"Ok, so no payment. Any chance of loot? What's the problem anyway? Is there danger? Who needs the help, and where will we help 'em?"

Pbartender

First Post
Thomas Hobbes said:
Fant, over at he bar, sighs resignedly. "At least," she sighs, "I can see I won't be paid ahead of time. Caveat emptor." She turns away from the man and drinks the rest of her wine in one gulp before tapping the bar twice for a refill as she continues to wait for reliable employment. At least the wizard bothered to look respectable.

Raising his glass, Jack agrees, "I'll drink to that." He drains his mug, and reaches for whatever container of liquor happens to be nearby and unattended.

The halfling sitting on a tall stool next to Lady Fant, is utterly inconspicuous and entirely forgettable as far and looks and mannerisms go. Even now, you can't rightly say how long he'd been sitting at the bar, or if he's even still sitting there. And as soon as you stop looking directly at him, you'd be hard put to find proper words to precisely describe the features of the little rogue, except for the fact that he's certainly only three foot tall... more or less.

Kangaxx

First Post
As the old man enters the bar, Nielan stirs for the first time since any of the current patrons arrived. His head follows the man across the room, and he listens to the request for help, but he stays in his seat waiting to hear the answers to Rillian's questions.

Last edited:

Da Stick

First Post
At the bar near Fant stands an Elf (Kataki) with long black hair and if you look right at him you'll his red eyes. The elf is wearing a deep green studded leahter under the studdes leather he wears a dark green jumper that hides his mouth and nose.

Kataki listen to Coom and when Coom finished talking he walk to the table and asked:

"What are we suppossed to do? Maybe I can help. But first tell us your story"

Last edited:

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Finishing his drink at the bar, Shadowlyn hears of the old man's troubles and grins.

It seems as though I might have a chance for some adventuring after all!

Waiting to hear his replies to the various questions asked by the other patrons, he decides he should speak up, for his legs are aching from sitting for such a long time.

Grabbing his pack and walking over to the table where Coom is sitting, he looks at Coom for some time, before he talks. "It seems as though you are in need of some help. I may be able to provide some assistance, if you would be able to tell us more of this trouble." With that, he motions for one of the wenches to serve him another drink, but will offer it to Coom instead. He will then take a seat at the table with Coom, and wait for his answer. Shilo his guard dog has followed him to the table and will sit at the foot of the chair, waiting on his master.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Fangor the Fierce said:
Grabbing his pack and walking over to the table where Coom is sitting, he looks at Coom for some time, before he talks. "It seems as though you are in need of some help. I may be able to provide some assistance, if you would be able to tell us more of this trouble." With that, he motions for one of the wenches to serve him another drink, but will offer it to Coom instead. He will then take a seat at the table with Coom, and wait for his answer. Shilo his guard dog has followed him to the table and will sit at the foot of the chair, waiting on his master.

Cirus, as the gnome's dog is apparently called from her frequent rebuffs, had come halfway to his feet and begun wagging his entire back end in joy at the sight of another dog entering the bar. When Shadowlyn and Shilo come to the nearer table he begins to shake and utter audible whines until Kirin gives up and says to the halfling, "I'm terribly sorry, sir, but this lap puppy of a war dog dropout would like to know if your companion is friendly. And I would like to hear of Coom's troubles if its safe for me and my overeager steed to come over as well." She seems more interested in this plea for unrewarded help than she was with any of the queries about employment.

[ooc, is shilo any particular breed? while there isn't a knowlege skill for it, I've played Kirin up as a bit of a dog enthusiast]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Kahuna Burger said:
"I'm terribly sorry, sir, but this lap puppy of a war dog dropout would like to know if your companion is friendly. And I would like to hear of Coom's troubles if its safe for me and my overeager steed to come over as well."

"Shilo is a tame dog, only agressive when I need him to be. He will not attack unless attacked and I would welcome a fellow animal trainer to assist in this matter."

Kahuna Burger said:
[ooc, is shilo any particular breed? while there isn't a knowlege skill for it, I've played Kirin up as a bit of a dog enthusiast]
OOC - Good question, as I was looking for a breed of dog that would be around 45 lbs, good at guarding and attacking, but not a real brute. Possibly a mutt, if nothing else comes to mind. Mutt - Mixture of breeds to the extent of not being able to determine its heritage.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads