• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Tavern) City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pbartender

First Post
Kangaxx said:
"Excuse me, I noticed you looking at the latest job on the message board, and I was wondering if you were interested in the venture. While I have little respect for the employer, I have no objections to receiving their money, and I'm curious what sort of evil would reside where they wish to place a temple."

In a hurry to get a new sword and a new suit of mail from the armorer, Jack only has time for a few words, before he heads out the door...

"Most likely just a nest of rats in the sewers there'bouts, I'd wager."

Otakkun said:
"It seems you know who the guy who posted that note on the message board is, at least from reputation. Would you mind telling me more about him and the God they are building a temple for while I follow you? I'm not very knowledgeable in those matters"

"Never seen the fellow, but Hyrag certainly is a bright, sunshiny fellow. The cove has it in for undead, or so's I hear."

He holds open the door for Lady Fant and follows her out, when she leaves.

Last edited:

Otakkun

Explorer
Garret Tealeaf

Pbartender said:
"Never seen the fellow, but Hyrag certainly is a bright, sunshiny fellow. The cove has it in for undead, or so's I hear."

He holds open the door for Lady Fant and follows her out, when she leaves.

"I see, well, at least it seems like an interesting deity. Hard to like those things after all. Maybe I'll take a look at that after helping out in here"

Last edited:

Kangaxx

First Post
Nielan scowls once more as all of his potential companions leave to do something else. Useless dullards. I can hardly go alone. Nielan will retrieve his drink from the bar, then sit down at a table close to the message board where he can easily intercept anyone else that reads it.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Garret is sucked through a strange rip in tavern-space and arrives three day's travel away.

Fant gives a polite nod to Nielan. "My companion seems in quite the hurry. Perhaps when we return." She follows Jack out onto the street.

This shopping trip off screen, or what, Jack?

Meanwhile, Coom continues to smile at the group surrounding him. "Weelll, weellll, Grog here seems quite eager, if I do say so m'self." He frowns. "I find myself in a most unusual predicament, my good fellows, in the my cup runneth over and spills on my best suiiit." He waves his hand at the recently and abrasively posted job notice. "My friends, do not be devieeeved. I was tempted, I must confesss, to prejudge all young people on the basis of a few hooly-gans until such time as I came here and saw all you good folk willing to lend a haaand. In a most similar manner, I urge you to not to judge Hyrag too harshly based on one abrupt mortal servaaant." He seems to have slipped into lecturing mode again. "My good people, my good people, Hyrag is a god of good aims who does much to help the people of our fine cityyy." He slips out of lecturer mode to nod hubmly to Kirin. "Although there is some doubt of how it works out in the final suumm." Back in to lecturer-mode. "Do not forsake himmm, my good people. Show him some of the charity you've showed me, and I assure you that morally you will be, as the saying goesss, five by fiiiive."

Out of character wise, the adventure can accomodate any number, with two concerns:

1)More people makes it harder to run for the obvious reasons.
2)Give Kahuna's adventure some lovin'. :p Coom's given an out to anyone who wants to give it a go, and better to split the PCs into two managable groups.

RillianPA

First Post
"Umm, hmmm..." Rillian mutters "separate the turnips from the onions, right."

"So maybe we should take a poll of the skills of those here, and see if we can split into 2 groups, one to help out Mr Coom, here, and one to help of the Hyrag temple?"

"Me personally, I have some skill in stealth and combat, but thats about it."

Da Stick

First Post
RillianPA said:
"Umm, hmmm..." Rillian mutters "separate the turnips from the onions, right."

"So maybe we should take a poll of the skills of those here, and see if we can split into 2 groups, one to help out Mr Coom, here, and one to help of the Hyrag temple?"

"Me personally, I have some skill in stealth and combat, but thats about it."

"I'm a hunter, the bow is my favored weapon, I also know a lot of nature and tracking"

Pbartender

First Post
Thomas Hobbes said:
Fant gives a polite nod to Nielan. "My companion seems in quite the hurry. Perhaps when we return." She follows Jack out onto the street.

This shopping trip off screen, or what, Jack?

OOC: Yup... I was just going to come back to the Inn in a little bit with the new gear and less gold. Give the good samaritans a chance to clear out. ;)

Last edited:

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Thomas Hobbes said:

2)Give Kahuna's adventure some lovin'. :p Coom's given an out to anyone who wants to give it a go, and better to split the PCs into two managable groups.

:cool: just to clarify, mine is another vingette, in many ways an old fashioned dungeon crawl with a bit of a maze to it, and height restrictions in several areas. Any characters with knowlege local, bardic knowlege or similar would probably be aware that Orussus in the past had
a complicated sewer and drainage system which was abandoned and sealed off when it became a breeding ground for illegal activity and assorted nesting nasties. The pipes, underground canals and tunnels still exist under the city and are said to be rife with assorted vermin, some possibly dangerous.
You will want someone with good survival skills or a trail of breadcrumbs, and social skills will be of less use. Minor undead are a possibility.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
RillianPA said:

"And my talents are varied. I have some knowledge of the local area, and I am a rogue. That, with my height advantage, might be best suited for the job regarding the temple. But it is up to you all to decide."

Manzanita

First Post
Ignatious

"I am Ignatious O'Reilly. A wizard and divinor. Also a fair shot with a crossbow, preferably from a defended position. I'm actually quite interested in exploring a bit more of Ossus, having been a bit shortchanged last time someone hired me for money."

OOC: My other PC is in a KB adventure. I'm enjoying that one greatly, but I'm inclined to put Iggy under a different DM, but variety's sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads