[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

CootaR

First Post
Little boy in trouble... me know how to deal with beasties... Krag help...

Krag approaches the small group.

My ax and word-talk can deal with beasties goodly. Me help if tiny person

A big goofy grin spreads across his after he pounds his chest with a free hand.

OOC: Waiting on character approval, might not be able to join just yet...

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: Ok, so who is in? Elros and Kanli the Mad for sure. Krag, Mortar and Elenka also? If so, I do believe we have a party as Mortar and Elenka should survive the first battle or two and reach level 2 before the finale. If all five characters are up for it, then we can get going within the next day or two. I will be posting updates daily excluding weekends and unforseen circumstances. The adventure should be somewhat short.

deisenhut

First Post
The man wearing the sandals jumps off his bar stool, swallows down the last of his ale, and walks purposefully over to the young lad and offers his hand in greeting. "I'm sorry but I couldn't help but overhear. I'm Yoshiki, but you can simply call me Yo. You say you needed someone to kill some beasts? Myself and some of the others here that I've fought with before should be able to help you. What kind of beasts are we talking about here?"

OOC: If leveling up before the final deadly battle, I'm game. As a melee type, level 1 could be overly dangerous. I'm less than 200 XP from Level 2.

GlassEye

Adventurer
OOC: Elenka is less than halfway to level 2 (and my second character). I'll forego taking a spot to let those closer to level 2 (Mortar and Yoshiki) and those with only one character atm get their game on. I'll catch you in another adventure Deuce (thanks, though).

Caim

First Post
Mortar chugs the last bit of his ale and walks over to the young boy. "I am Mortar young man and I am willing to help with your problem. What kind of beasts plagues your village?" Mortar asks as he exams the boys condition before turning to Yo. "It would seem we'll be partners once again."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: Elenka is less than halfway to level 2 (and my second character). I'll forego taking a spot to let those closer to level 2 (Mortar and Yoshiki) and those with only one character atm get their game on. I'll catch you in another adventure Deuce (thanks, though).

that is kinda the way I was thinking too.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
A human lad enters the door with a back pack, rapier and cross bow upon his equipment hooks and straps. His shiney new chin shirt is well made, as one could easily tell.

he walks up to the bar, lays some coin down and asks for a white from the Colinas district. He is given a glass and a green tinted long neck wine bottle wth a sealed cork on it.

A young woman with a natural beauty but wearing clothing suited for travel that somehow still manages to accentuates that beauty enters the Dunn Wright Inn. The blackened steel terbutje with its
glittering teeth worn at her hip seems overly large and brutal for her small
frame and strikes a discordant note against her carefully composed bearing. She stands a moment in the doorway before moving through the room to the bar deftly avoiding the boy conversing with the woodsman. She pulls up a stool next to Vincenzo.

Vincenzo smiles and calls for another glass and for Elenka, pouring a glass with out her asking for it. Setting the bottle down he raises his glass in a toast, "*sigh* To doing what is right. It is not always the easiest path to take."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Markas human fighter LvL 3 (pending)

Markas steps into the Dunn Wright Inn after what seems like the longest few days in his life. He's not sure why the strange message from his friend Firron said he should brush up on his riding, but when Firron said it was best to do something, then it was best to do it. And I owe him...

OOC: Flasback/Know Local for the rumors surrounding Markas

[sblock=Know Local DC 5]
Rumor - Markas Shieldheart was once a guard for the City of Glass. The name was widely unknown till the day a purple worm crashed it's way into the city.
Flashback - It was such a nice day and Markas's shift was due to be over soon. Just one last walk near the east wall. "God's if that thing had only waited a few more minutes to come crashing through things would have never changed."
[sblock=Know Local DC 10]
Rumor - Markas is rumored to single handedly to have killed the purple worm and saved the lives of dozens of people. He was a hero but then disappeared soon afterwards. Some say he went into even further training and is now even better a warrior now than the day he defeated the purple worm.
Flashback - The creature was huge and it was only partly in the road right before Markas. Grabbing his sword he stood wondering where he should strike. Than from behind him two arrows "thunked" into the beast, followed by a bolt of magical energy. "Turning there they were true heroes all. Firron, Sella, and Graxs. They didn't hesitant and took the fight right to the darn thing. What was it Firron said? "We got this guardsman see to the people in that building there." Dismissed just like that and I was suppose to be the one defending the city."
[sblock=Know Local DC 15]
Rumor - Witness, Markas was trying to get away from the creature, saw him get swallowed by the purple worm. They say that moments later he had cut his way free and the beast fell over dead from having it's gut cut open like that. There was no on else even around.
Flashback - Standing in the door way Markas shouts for everyone to exit the home by the back door or window however they can get out. Then he he turns to see what is going on. Graxs and Sella have gone to the far side of the worm and can't be seen. Firron was on one knee badly hurt and Markas rushes to him. Before he knows it the purple worm's head slams down on top of both of them and the next thing he knows it is slightly dark, wet, and smells awful. "And I panicked. Lucky for me Firron was in that things gullet with me or I would never had gotten out."
[sblock=Know Local DC 20]
Rumor - Covered in gore he was still searching for people to help. He looked all about the dead worms body not even ready to celebrate and whenever he was congratulated about his victory he was modest saying that it wasn't him at all.
Flashback - Firron and Markas cut and slice at the inside of the great worm even as the acids of it's stomach burn at them. Finally there is daylight and Markas cuts even more vigorously. Stepping out and then pulling Firron out behind him Markas watches as the great beast falls. "But once the dust had settled the others were no where to be found. Later when I caught up to Firron he said that he and the others wanted no credit for killing the worm, they weren't much for fame. Well neither am I! And now I have no choice in the matter."[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

Smelling like a stable and tired Markas makes his way to the upper rooms for a much needed bath.

OOC: Markas has been LvLed up and needs approval please.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC:
I'm running "The Lady of Lake Laguna" with the following PCs, unless any of them drop out:

- Krag (CootaR) the LG Half-Orc Paladin (Level 1)
- Elros (GandalfMithrandir) the CG Half-Elf Fighter (Level 2)
- Yoshiki Akita (deisenhut) the LN Human Monk (Level 1, near L2)
- Mortar Foehammer (Terrible Swift Sword) the CG Dwarf Ranger (Level 1, near L2)
- Kanli the Mad (InVinoVeritas) the CN Half-Orc Sorcerer/Oracle (Level 1/Level 1, 2 total PC levels)

Additional Notes:
[sblock]
The journey will take a little more than 3 days to your destination and you will start in the morning, so I recommend that each party member carry seven days worth of trail rations (3gp, 5sp) and a waterskin (1gp), or otherwise explain how they will feed and carry water for the trip there and back.

I am working on the first post now and will try to get it posted tonight. Please double check your equipment for this outdoors, wilderness adventure, purchase anything you feel you might need, and expect the post to be advanced to the point that you arrive at the Lady's Shrine with no encounters in between the city and the shrine.
[/sblock]

Remove ads