[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"I'll be with you shortly," Darreo says as Nathan heads out the door.

He goes over to where Daylily is trying hard to finish reading the post. "Nothing matters but this part here Daylily," he says pointing at the bottom. "It says that by doing this you'll get a purse full of coins. That's for us, you ready to head out?"

Systole

First Post
Daylily looks spectacularly unimpressed. "Is for doing this the silly yellows metals bits? For to make being adveentooruze? I am not thinks is so much-" He looks around suddenly, alarmed. "Where is went little brother? His goes to the adveentooruzing? We is to go then, yes! Goings now, yes!"

He makes a barbarian-speed beeline for the door, knocking over a few chairs and jostling a few patrons in the process. With the door open, he pauses and looks back at Darreo with a mixture of worry and impatience. Daylily has no idea where he's going, but it's obvious he really wants to get there.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Tahn awakens from some deep, introspective elvish thinking which for some reason strongly resembles the euphemism "examining the inside of his eyelids". He swings down off his bar stool upon seeing the others gathering around the notice board. "Aha, such a busy city, always something to do." Quietly to himself he says, "Though the doing of "good deeds" can be subjective." He smiles slightly as he gathers up his belongings, straightens his tricorn hat, and strides out the door on the heels of the others.

PolterGhost

First Post
Ember, Human Swordsman

As the door opened before Nathan, a young red-haired man carrying what appeared to be an entire field kit on his backpack strode in front of him.
"Excuse me," he muttered, pushing past the sorcerer and carefully maneuvering past the chairs and patrons. He had to nearly jump onto a table as a raggedy elf barged past. The man offered a quick glance before setting off again towards the bar.

He landed his palms on the bar with a thud, stepping between a pair of unoccupied stools. He stared Marla dead in the eyes as he laid a gold piece upon the countertop.
"A room, a drink, and information."
Marla stared back at the man, her eyes unwavering.
"No vacancy, and save your dime," she bluntly stated. "Job notice is on the board. Guy over there and his pals are already a step ahead of ya, so get moving."

With that, the man pocketed his gold and stepped over to the job board. Standing there was another man, a crossbow strapped to him.
"Anything interesting?" the red-head asked. "I just got off the boat, I figured I need to build some sort of reputation around here. Some pocket money wouldn't hurt either."

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Kazanto, Merfolk Oracle

The door opens to the Inn, and quite quickly, everyone stops to stare.

There, in the entryway, stood(?) a mermaid.

Reared up, she not so much as flopped in as slithered, her fish-body holding the ground with more surety than most of her kind. Her scales were a bright red, the color of coral. Her fleshy skin was pale, ever so slightly more bluish than olive. Long, black straight hair extended down in ragged sheets to her waist. Her face, where uncovered by the hair, was flawless in complexion. She wore an outfit made from coconuts and sea shells, suspended from a matrix of coconut fibers and seaweed. She looks around the room, somewhat lost.

Marla looks around, rather conscious of the stares she's getting. Undeterred, she approaches. "Welcome to the Dunn Wright Inn. I'm Marla, and I'll get you what you need. We have a pool connected to the canal over here on the side, if you like. Will you be needing a hand?"

The mermaid looks around a moment, perplexed, but responds, "No, all is well. I can benthe, oh, walk? Yes."

She slides into the room, a barely imperceptible undulation of her tail allowing her to carefully maneuver through the room without the flopping and crawling that most merfolk suffer on land.

Marla catches herself staring at the sight of a merfolk on land. "Yes, well, good for you. Would you like anything? I can bring you a plate of mackerel. And who did you say you were?"

The mermaid turns to Marla. "My name is Kazanto. Mackerel is good." But then she points to one of the mugs of another patron. "What is that? Everyone here likes it. Maybe I have this, too?"

Marla replies, "Ale? Sure, Kazanto, I can get you an ale."

A moment later, Marla delivers the mug and fish to Kazanto. Kazanto picks up a whole fish and slurps it into her mouth with a smile. She then eyes the ale, carefully looks inside, wrinkles her nose, but with a look around to everyone else, shrugs and pours the mug down her throat.

A moment later she sputters and coughs, an odd screeching and clicking gurgling up through her throat. "But this is like rotten vegetation! You cannot breathe this!"

Marla rushes to her aid, making sure she is okay. She pulls out her towel and wipes up after her. "No, it is not for breathing, sorry. Here, it's on the house, no problem. Ale is for drinking."

Kazanto, confused, looks at Marla and responds testily, "What is 'drinking'?" She sighs, settling down in something resembling a crouch, with her plate of mackerel, ignoring the chairs and tables. "There is much about the land life I must learn..."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Darreo - human male crossbowman 2

Darreo is surprised by the barbarians quick feet and starts to gather his gear. As he is set Ember approaches and looking on the board address the man.

"Anything interesting?" the red-head asked. "I just got off the boat, I figured I need to build some sort of reputation around here. Some pocket money wouldn't hurt either."

Darreo takes in the mans equipment in a glance. Scalemail over large arms, a sword, and shield... then he smiled. "Well not sure what but it says they will pay. Good enough for me. Join us, we are just about to make are way to this temple."

He starts walking towards Daylily, "I'm coming, I'm coming. Don't want to miss out on any of the adveentooruze."

[sblock=OOC]Sorry IVV I am taking it this happened before Kazanto came in. I will RP Jaxs if you like.[/sblock]

PolterGhost

First Post
As the crossbowman left the tavern, the red-haired man took a gander at the job notice for personal reference.
"Hinotheus...I don't believe I've heard that name before. I wonder what a temple has to do with the city's well-being."

With hand on his hilt and the tightening of pack straps, the man turned towards the exit and strode off.

Qik

First Post
Quioan walked through the door of the Dunn Wright Inn for the first time, relishing the experience. Not that there was much to relish - the tavern was mostly empty, save a few individuals who were clearly regulars and a rather attractive young barmaid (though he was too tired for her attractiveness to do more than barely register - he was much more concerned about the food, drink, and a place to rest that she could offer), dimly light (though not in an unwelcoming way), and quite utilitarian in its furnishings (though in his many travels, he had found this to be a hallmark of the best taverns). Even so, after years of traveling through the Landadel Baronies and the lands beyond, it was nice to finally arrive at the renowned city of Venza. Doubly so to have happened upon such a cozy place in the midst of a city of such size.

Making his way over to the bar, Quioan took a seat, unshouldering his bow and backpack and setting them off to the side. Catching the barmaid's attention, he said, "I'll have a something to eat, please. A roast, perhaps?"

"Sure thing," came Marla's reply, and she disappeared into the kitchen.

Sighing slightly to himself, Quioan let the tension of many weeks of traveling in the wilderness melt away. He was looking forward to finding work, of course (which for one such as himself could mean a number of things), but in the meantime, it was good to rest, and to have the opportunity to eat food prepared by someone other than himself (not one of his strong suits, even after traveling alone for so long).
d

Remove ads