[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

sunshadow21

Explorer
A thin smile briefly crosses the man's face."Fortunately for you, I am not here to look for someone to help run the business. When more people arrive, I shall explain everything in more detail, as I don't care to repeat myself unnecessarily. One of the later arrivals might also have the information about my family that you personally lack." While formal, Mr. Savi seems to be willing to keep the interview light enough that everyone is comfortable and relaxed.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric

Ariel sets her empty tea down to shoulder her heavy pack, laden with all her gear. They had been chatting for quite some time when the announcement came and after yesterday's trail rations another meal is in order.

"Umph, quite. I certainly hope this employer knows better that to hire Her agent of justice if he plans on betraying us."

The Aasimar cleric follows Megan into the backroom and plops her heavy pack into a corner, the contents jingling and clanking. The wooden items only making dull sounds.

Dressed in her clerical vestments, she stands all of 4' 9", the only clue to her martial stature is the finely crafted scimitar with the symbol of Helina carved into the bolster and cross guard. Sedately, she walks over to the table with pitchers and examines the drinks offered by Mister Savi.

Selecting some fruit juice, she pours herself a glass and turns back to their host asking, "I have no knowledge of local businesses here in Venza. What is that you do, Master Savi?"

OOC: Whoever heard of a rogue with no Knowledge Local. ;) j/k
I got none either. Ariel is second level.
[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 20 (18 without shield/flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 16 Current: 16
CMB: +2 CMD: 14 Fort: +5 Reflex: +3 Will: +7 (+8 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity

Current Weapon in Hand: Fork and spoon

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 5/5 remaining
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 4/4 (Bless, Doom, Shield of Faith, Burning Hands) [/sblock]___________________________________________

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg
Ariel Esimae

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
"Everyone seems to be brimming over with questions. But I suppose I should have expected that here, given it's reputation. While I will save the details for when others have arrived, I suppose a brief introduction is in order. I am Mr. Theodore Savi, head of the Savi Brothers, Inc., one of the Venza's premier destinations for furs and pelts of all shapes and kinds. I wear some samples of my family's product on me." While he is not uncomfortable with your questions, Mr. Savi definitely seems to be used to entertaining a much more formal set of clientele, though he seems to adjust easily enough when it becomes clear that this crowd is more informal.

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Audra Frost, Human Monk (Still looking for a good avatar)

One good fortune about such a place as The Dunn Wright Inn is that the general hustle and bustle, coming and going, tooing and froing and such tends to make it somewhat easier for one entering to stop and hesitate to take in the sight. Especially one who isn't generally used to such a thing.

Such it seemed was the case for the brown cloaked figure who entered behind a couple of rowdy sailors. The figure, about five and a half feet in height, give or take, peered out from under the raised hood of the cloak for a moment, likely allowing eyes to adjust to the room, before a pair of white hands emerged from the sleeves and lowered the cowl. Red hair, cut short so that it framed the top of round eared head, human, and a pair of bright green eyes. The facial features decidedly female. The green eyes took one last quick trip across what lay before them and she stepped aside as a halfling couple departed, arm in arm, too intent on looking at each other to see the figure in their way. The face produced a smile as the pair passed. Then the figure walked on sandalled feet, dodging a moving body here and there, be it a patron or employee, making her way to the bar. A backpack, fairly new and slack, hinting at a lack of content, slung by one strap over one shoulder. Pausing long enough to order a drink, the order mumbled she took advantage of the new vantage point to look around. Her head took a slow turn from near the doors through which she had entered on around. She noted a face here or an outfit there that were curious or of interest before turning again to take the mug as it whumped on the counter. She looked around for a place to sit, finally giving up, she walks away from the bar, searching for and eventually finding a section of wall to press her back against, so she can watch what is going on.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric

Ariel sips her fruit juice and tries to be sociable, but not very hard.

"Dealing furs, huh? You are not in the habit of poaching and slaughtering little woodland creatures are you."

The Aasimar cleric knows people use and wear leather, but expensive looking furs and pelts are a frivolous luxury considering the climate of the City of Glass. She tries to get a closer look for more scrutiny of Savi's wears and starts wondering about the pureness of heart and soul of their potential employer, Knesh appeared to be a decent sort, but there were signs. Maybe this one is not to be trusted either.

OOC: Aren't there any more 2nd levels around?
[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 20 (18 without shield/flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 16 Current: 16
CMB: +2 CMD: 14 Fort: +5 Reflex: +3 Will: +7 (+8 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity

Current Weapon in Hand: Fork and spoon

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 5/5 remaining
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 4/4 (Bless, Doom, Shield of Faith, Burning Hands) [/sblock]___________________________________________

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg
Ariel Esimae

sunshadow21

Explorer
Taken somewhat aback by the abruptness of the question, but apparently used to answering it, he replies almost immediately, "What good would poaching do for my long term outlook of my business? Both my family and those hunters whom we contract with to provide us the pelts understand fully the implications of overhunting, and any contractor caught doing so loses his contract immediately and permanently. As for the slaughter, that does occur, but not needlessly; all of our contracted hunters sell their meat to the various butchers here in Venza or in the surrounding area, feeding the large population with the meat, while we provide many useful items to the area as well, in the form of blankets, armor, clothes, backbacks such as the one you put in the corner, as well as all of the other various items of leather and fur that are consumed on a daily basis. Any unnecessary damage or pain to the animal limits what the hunters can sell, which is usually enough to convince them to make that particular aspect as quick and painless as possible."

Last edited:

VVilhem

First Post
"Well, since you seem to have that aspect of your business under control, I guess we won't be going after any illegal poachers."

Megan takes a sip of her drink, "Where is everyone else? I hate to see all these good drinks going to waste."

sunshadow21

Explorer
OOC: What level was everyone else in the adventure that just finished, and are they planning on showing up at some point?

The door opens, and the wait staff carries in several trays laden with various foods and plates. Theodore watches them as they set it down, and after sampling a bit of it, tells them to thank the cook on his behalf for a job well done. Grabbing a plate and some frog legs, he sits back down.

"I am uncertain. It appears to be a slow day here today. Oh well, I had cleared my schedule for the entire day just in case this happened, so I am not overly concerned. I suppose while we wait, I may as well give a few details to start. You will actually be working for my brother, who simply informed me that he needed a good team of adventurers to aid him on a task. While that task may involve dealing with poachers, it seems unlikely. Adolfo has been working on a couple of other projects for the family, both of which are more likely to need outside assistance. He also requested that I prepare some horses, which given his distaste of riding, means a long trip is involved. While I have certain suspicions and hopes as to what the details are, I will let Adolfo handle those."

VVilhem

First Post
OOC: We started with 4 people but ended the adventure with 3. I'll ping the last guy to see if he's interested.

Gifted with boundless appetite, Megan has no problem helping herself to the newly arrived food. She does so, however, with care so as to not appear boorish in front of her potential employer.

"I wonder if we'll be working in another town or the great outdoors..."

sunshadow21

Explorer
"I would expect a little bit of both. Anything that is big enough to pull Adolfo away from the Broken Log is going to be big enough it likely involves one of the villages along the Silver Road, possibly even Tritower; either way, you'll see your share of the great outdoors before you are done."

Remove ads