[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
OOC: Audra hasn't been approved yet. Only been up 5 or 6 days though. I was told it could take a while submitting her right now. Definitely would like to take her out but can't yet.

"No questions thus far. That first one was pretty accurate, from what I've been told. Fortune and Fate have a habit of walking hand in hand."

Audra eyes the flickering card a moment before looking up in anticipation. When the newcomer joins them she turns her head and provides a nod and smile in welcome.

"So what is it that the brothers Savi are seeking to accomplish that requires assistance from adventurers?"

This is said conversationally as she returns her eyes back to the nameless Gnome and his flickering cards.

Qik

First Post
Without further ado, the color-clad gnome turns over the second card.

This one is similar to the first: same color palette, same focus on flames and motion. But whereas the first card was a riot of color, seething with energy, this second card is much more subdued: two flames flicker, full of the possibility of a larger blaze, but this potential is as-yet unrealized.

Second Card

Upon seeing the second card, the gnome peers at Audra, as if reconsidering her; this silent interrogation lasts for quite the while. "Hmmm..." he muses. Another pause. Finally, he continues, mostly in a much more conventional tone and rate: "More fire, more motion. You are a woman of action, yes? Capable of terrible action when necessary. Like the fire."

"It seems you now lie at a crossroads, ohwomanofaction. You are faced with a choice - a question of where to put your energy. There is the possibility of reconciling these choices, but should you fail -" At this moment, a sudden burst of flame rises up from the card. Although both women jump back in their seats, startled, there is no actual danger - the flame seems to give off no heat, and disappears just as quickly as it had manifested. Simultaneous with the appearance of the flame, the gnome waves his hand casually, as if to say, only disruption will occur.

He continues: "There is one other consideration at this present time, womanofaction. This numbertwo; this pairing..." The gnome leans in, as if to take a closer look at the card on the table. The card's two flames rise up slowly this time, out of the surface, until they stand facing each other about 9 inches high. The flames twist, reform, and slowly come to resemble figures. As these figures develop, one is clearly Audra, down to the last detail, and the other is a man who looks to be about her age, perhaps slightly older. The images fix for a second, and the man stares up at Audra, reaching out his hand...

*poof*

The gnome sits back, and the images abruptly retract into the card's surface once again. "Anyway, there is another." Reaching for the deck once more, he looks at Audra inquisitively. "Shall we continue?"

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post

"Mr Savi, I'm called the Guardian. And I can assure you that I'm able to hold my own with tongue, cestus and shield, despite my preference to not usually carry a blade. Miss Esimae here knows me by more than more reputation. If you are able to trust her, you should also trust her judgment on me." The Guardian explains eloquently in his clear and strong voice.

[sblock=OOC]

still need to decide on spells for the bard level ...

AC: 19, Touch: 12, FF: 16
CMD: 16
Fort +3, Refl +4, Will +1

HP: 19/19

[/sblock]

VVilhem

First Post
Megan settles slowly back down to the table, inching her chair a little further away from the gnome. She is intrigued with the flaming vision, but keeps her silence since it seems important to. Only after image goes away did the half elf speaks up, "Master Gnome, if you ever considers starting a fortune telling business you will surely make a killing. I have seen my share of wonders growing up in Venza but that bit there...that was something."

Turning to the young lady, "It seems that the Savi Brothers, which is a fur business by the way, is asking adventurers for help with a few...projects. All I know so far is that it will require us to journey along the Silver Road. Perhaps once you're done with this reading, you can join us in the backroom? My friends Ariel and Guardian are there now with the owner of the business. I imagine they can catch us up with more details. Oh I don't think I caught your name? Mine is Megan."

Walking Dad

First Post

"I came a bit late to hear all your explanations. Expecting you to tell everything again would be kind of rude, so I will trust my companions in asking the right questions and determining yours i a worthwhile task." The Guardian explains further.

[sblock=OOC]

still need to decide on spells for the bard level ...

AC: 19, Touch: 12, FF: 16
CMD: 16
Fort +3, Refl +4, Will +1

HP: 19/19

[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
QIK: those card images are not showing up.

try [url=http://www.bulletsofautumn.com/mckean-art/tarot/w06.jpg] first card [/url]

first card

and [url=http://www.bulletsofautumn.com/mckean-art/tarot/w02.jpg] second card [/url]

second card

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric

<< In the back room >>

Ariel picks at some delicacies and comments to the Guardian, "Well, you haven't missed much of anything. I have only been asking about general geographic information. Until more of us answer his call to arms, we are really getting the big picture. Helping Master Savi's brother, Adolfo."

Turning back to their host, the cleric asks, "Is your brother coming here? What are the potential threats along this road? Does it go through orc or goblin country? Or are their roaming gangs of bandits?"

OOC: I have done an initial review of Audra. I will provide a non-Judge approval once the changes have been finished.

Aren't there any other 1st levels waiting to get in?

Sunshadow21, Are you going to allow in game leveling up?
[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 20 (18 without shield/flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 16 Current: 16
CMB: +2 CMD: 14 Fort: +5 Reflex: +3 Will: +7 (+8 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity

Current Weapon in Hand: Cup & Fork

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 5/5 remaining
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 4/4 (Bless, Doom, Shield of Faith, Burning Hands) [/sblock]___________________________________________

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg
Ariel Esimae

Remove ads