• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Songdragon

Explorer
Zelena looks to to the woman as she departs to a side room and listens to Grog. She nods to the bartender and asks for another sugared lemon tea. Once she has the steaming drink she departs after the woman.

Systole

First Post
The door to the tavern opens and a young man enters. He's clad in scale mail, with a military pick hanging from his hip, and a silver holy symbol around his neck. He looks rather tired and dusty, as if he's walked quite a long way to get here.

He trudges up to the bar and seats himself with a sigh of relief. He smiles at the bartender to attract her attention, and when she comes over to serve him he says, "A glass of wat... No, it's been a long journey, and I suppose it wouldn't be too amiss of me to indulge a little. A glass of milk, please, good miss. A tall one."

Marla stifles a snort of laughter, but fetches some milk for the young man. He takes a long draught from the glass and smiles happily. "Miss--" he begins.

"Marla," the bartender interrupts. "Just Marla."

"Mi ... Marla, I've been told that adventurers and mercenaries frequent this tavern."

"Aye," she says, suddenly wary.

"I'm looking to spread the light of Serroth--"

"Nay, take it outside," Marla says abruptly. "This is a bar, and I'll not have you talking about the light of whoever or whatever in here and making everyone uncomfortable. You can drink, and you can eat, and you can even take a room, but if you want to preach, you do it in the street. Understand?"

The young man sags a little. "I ... understand, Miss Marla. But thank you for the milk. It's delicious."

[sblock=For those from Landadel or with decent Knowledge:Religion]The holy symbol around the young man's neck is that of Serroth, a god of war.

Serroth - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki[/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Agno Phoenicus, tengu priest of Issolatha

A tengu slips into the Dunn Wright Inn just after the armored priest. He is not tall and stands in a slouch making him seem even shorter. He's thin and wears sleeveless armor carved from wood that shows a chevron of bright red feathers on his upper arms amongst the fine, black feathers.

He stands beak gaping as the door swings shut behind him and takes in the crowd of humanity. He stands there seeing the swirls of the goddess' whispers as they wisp about: first drawing his eye to the curl of a tiefling's horns, then to a man with sun-darkened hands except a white circle of flesh around one finger, then to a half-orc, clothing adorned with numerous hands that seem to vibrate with red secrets. Closing his beak with a <snap!> he walks slowly towards the bar arriving just in time to hear the priest thank the barmaid for milk.

"Liquid of the crushed vine-berry... sssss, ah.... wine, that is. Please. I have the requisite pressed, metal discs... hurrr... coin, you call it." He deftly slips coin from his pouch and offers it to the barmaid.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Agno Phoenicus, tengu cleric of Issolatha

Agno watches the unusual half-orc make his way out of the common area then he turns to the man near him.

"Does your friend Serroth also drink the milk of..." he motions with one hand, "...the large, four-legged, meat-bearing creatures... hurrr... cows?"

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
At the announcement of adventure Denizel looks up with interest, but he quickly gets a scornful look from Grog, and he sinks back down on his bar stool.

"Very well." he says to himself. "I see one needs to prove themselves a little bit before getting the good jobs. Certainly understandable." Despite his words he does seem a bit insulted.

He shifts his attention to those recently entering the room, keeping an ear out for news of work, or at least a little entertainment.

Systole

First Post
"Well, uh, Serroth is the god I worship. We're not friends. Well, I would like for Him to be my friend. To be His friend. To watch over Him. I mean, for Him to watch over me."

The young man stops, takes a deep breath, and starts again. "I'm sorry. Your question surprised me. I'm a priest of Serroth, god of strength in war. Our scriptures do not say whether or not He drinks milk, but most priests of Serroth prefer the fermented vine-berry. Or the fermented barley. Or the fermented honey. They're fairly happy with anything fermented, actually. I myself prefer a to keep a clear head, because I believe the tide of battle turns on tactics. It's ... a slightly heterodox opinion, which is why I'm in Venza.

"I'm sorry, I should introduce myself. My name is ..." He hesistates a moment, then says, "You can call me Ben. I'm pleased to make your acquaintance. You're not from Venza, I take it?"

OOC: I'm slightly color-blind and having a hard time picking out a decent color for Ben. Anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Agno Phoenicus, tengu cleric of Issolatha

"Hurrr... Ben. I am pleasured to meet you. My label of speaking is Agno Phoenicus. So you speak with the tongues of your god! As do I. It is the reasons I have traveled here. I saw the whispers of Issolatha against the sky and came to her first of temples here in Venza to learn more understandings. Forgive my small knowledges about your god; my active doings... hurrr... experience is slight. Are you required for many warrings?"

Before getting an answer from Ben Agno tilts his head in the direction of the half-elf.

"I also need to embark on provings."

OOC: The color you are using is fine by me. As long as you can see it well. If my color is difficult to read let me know and I'll find a different one.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
They're priests. Very good contact. Go. Commence banter. Moves forward, taking on a confident air. Good evening gentlemen. It seems fates have taken a more interesting turn. I too serve a god, in my way. Why don't you both join me?" Denizel smiles and motions toward an open table.

Remove ads