[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

GlassEye

Adventurer
Agno jumps up into his typical hunched-shoulder stance.

"Hurrr! Work?! And a new label! This must be the reasons why I saw the whispers of Issolatha that led to this place!"

He clacks his beak together in his excitement and turns his head just so so that he can look at the others seated around. He tentatively moves to join the half-orc.

"Boots? You'll come, hurrr? And bring Sylla the Grim. Come. Come, all of you!"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Agno Phoenicus
Initiative: +3
AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 8 Current: 8
CMB: +1 CMD: 14 Fort: +2 Reflex: +3 Will: +5 (+7 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)
Speed: 40 ft.

Current Weapon in Hand: Shortbow

Lightning Arc: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 4/4 remaining
Agile Feet: 6/6 remaining
Spells Remaining: 1st Level 3/3
Spells Prepared:
1st level: bless, divine favor, longstrider (D)
0-level: guidance, light, stabilize[/sblock]

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
"Hey, I didn't notice that mark on your arm, but wow, you're black and red, too! We can be color buddies!" Boots turns to Sylla. "Can we go do work with my color bud--"

"Yes," Sylla interrupts. "Yes, that's why we're here. For work."

"Yay, work!" Boots says, prancing around excitedly. "What's work like? Is it fun? Will there be food?"

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Denizel stood watching the two creatures yammering back and forth, wishing for the days when he might again enjoy more enlightened conversation. He perks up at the mention of work.

"Yes, what kind of a job is it sir?"

Qik

First Post
The door to the Dunn Wright Inn opens and in walks an elf, looking slightly ragged, but overall none the worse for wear. Preoccupied with thoughts of recent events, musings on how to spend his newfound wealth, and considerations as to what form his next line of work will take, the elf absent-mindedly wanders to the back of the tavern, shrugs off his pack and bow, and takes a seat by himself.

OOC: Level 1 elf wizard, just a hair from taking a level in Ranger, en route to Arcane Archer, looking for work.

Quioan Scorchsong

DalkonCledwin

First Post
a little while after the elf walked into the Inn the door opened once again as a slightly larger "Elf" walks into the tavern followed closely by a rather large... for lack of a better term, centaur like creature. It isn't exactly a centuar as it's upper body is most decidedly not that of a human, but rather the upper torso of a humanoid cat, while the lower body appears to be more akin to that of a rather large and muscular gazelle. slung across the back of the hybrid creature is a rather menacing looking Axe, and the creatures arms are folded gently across its chest. Meanwhile the Elf walks up to the bar, while the hybrid creature takes up a position near one of the building's windows.

OOC: Level 1 Half-Elf Summoner, checking in to see if there is anything about to get started adventure wise?

Veniarus Toliar

perrinmiller

Adventurer
NPC, Grog the Bartender, Retired half-orc fighter

Grog grunts as the scabs gather around to inquire, "Har ya go. 'Taint much. Ya betta git provis'ns an' campin' gear. No inns on da way."

Bartender.jpg

He shows you four the dispatch. It only contains instructions on how to find Barrow's Edge, a village about 5 days walking from Venza. There is a message containing a call for adventurers to come to their aid, but nothing specific is offered on why. The message is signed Mallie Marchess.

[sblock=OOC]Recruiting closed. Group is Agno, Denizel, Iago, and Sylla.

After you leave the DWI, you can post in the Scourge of the Howling Horde. Please read the rules if you haven't already. I did adjust a bit on the mini-stats.

I have pictures of Agno, Sylla, & Boots for tokens on the battle grids. I will need ones for Iago and Denizel as well.[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Sylla nods and begins heading for the street.

"Uh, boss? Shouldn't we wait for Agno and the other guys?"

Sylla stops, clearly not having thought about her fellow travelers. She turns smartly. "I need to pick up supplies. We'll meet you on the road." With that, she's out the door.

OOC: Off to grab an extra couple days of rations.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Denizel thinks to himself for a moment. There is a clear look of disappointment on his face. I was really hoping for something in the city. Don't be a fool. . . yes, anything to get out of this place. . . maybe there will be gnomes. . . He pushes away from the bar and addresses his comrades.

"I too must secure some extra provisions. I will meet you all again shortly."

OOC: I need to get ready for work, but I'll dig up a picture this afternoon and post in the new thread.

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Agno stands amidst the flurry of comings and goings before stepping out into the street.

"Hurrr... rations?"

He looks bewildered standing in front of the Dunn Wright Inn's landward door staring at the sky but after a moment moves out with determination.

OOC: Ditto the rations.
[sblock=Mini Stats]Agno Phoenicus
Initiative: +3
AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 8 Current: 8
CMB: +1 CMD: 14 Fort: +2 Reflex: +3 Will: +5 (+7 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)
Speed: 40 ft.

Current Weapon in Hand: Shortbow

Lightning Arc: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 4/4 remaining
Agile Feet: 6/6 remaining
Spells Remaining: 1st Level 3/3
Spells Prepared:
1st level: bless, divine favor, longstrider (D)
0-level: guidance, light, stabilize[/sblock]

Remove ads