[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Qik

First Post
Nimientioquijuil accepts the frog leg from Fulgrim as though it's serious business. With a single, large, dramatic slurp, a clean bone, patently devoid of meat, emerges from his mouth. As Fulgrim checks to see its effects on the gnome, Ni tilts his chin to give the dwarf a better look. "See anything?"

At Fulgrim's question about his journey, Ni turns unexpectedly awkward. "Well, no, not exactly by ship...." He trails off, hoping to have evaded the matter; in reality, he clearly hasn't, and the others wonder about the odd dodging of what seems to be a simple question.*

Turning to Vincenzo, Ni attempts to help him along. "No, here - it's 'nee'" - he points to his knee - "'me'" - he points to himself - "'n', like the letter, 'tea', like the drink, "'o', as in, 'oh brother, this is going to be a long day', 'ki', as in the stuff monks use to power all those crazy moves, 'ju', like 'you'" - he points to Vincenzo - "but with a 'j' in front, and 'ill', as in sickness. 'Ni-me-n-ti-o-ki-ju-il', get it? Simple. And it rolls off the tongue nicely. The females can't get enough of polysyllabic identifiers." Having solved that issue, he takes another swig from his mug, almost-but-not-quite polishing it off.

[sblock=OOC]As it stands, I have the island Ni's from being connected to the eastern continent via a magical gate made by an ancient celestial civilization. I want to make a proper proposal to the judges though before I start spouting off about it in character. Besides, it's only just been discovered, so Ni's people are sort of keeping it a secret at the moment. Just wanted to explain the awkwardness.[/sblock][sblock=Stats]Nimientioquijuil HP: 9/9
AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15)
CMD: 10
Fort: +1, Ref: +3, Will: +2
Perception: +2
Summon Monster I: 9/9
Spells:
- 0: Infinite
- 1: 2/2
Eidolon: Unsummoned[/sblock]

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
The halfling just shakes his head, "Whatever you say Tio. You need to visit the gnome's section of town, they will understand you better than most around this part of town. Just watch out for their army of windup toys."

IronWolf

blank
Fulgrim leans in a bit to see if a beard has started on Tio's chin. "Nah, don't seen nothin' yet. Mebbe' it's more ale ye need? Let me order ye one."

Fulgrim motions again for one of the bar staff and calls "Bring 'dis guy another ale, make it what I'm havin'!" Fulgrim calls, nodding his head towards Tio.

"We'll get that hair growin' yet!" Fulgrim says with a wide smile as he leans back in his chair.

"Heh, ye rowed yerself across? Or mabye ye swam, eh? Fulgrim adds, then becoming distracted by another frog leg, seemingly content to let that subject drop.

Qik

First Post
Ni arches his eyebrows at this, switching instantaneously to a more serious demeanor. "Machine life? I am quite interested in the manners of life myself, but I've never come across a complete animation of the mundane. I'll have to observe this phenomenon."

Down the hatch goes the remainder of his ale, and first grins, then grows serious, at the prospect of another one. "That's exceedingly kind of you, sir; I'm willing to put in the needed effort to produce some chin moss of my own."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
At Fulgrim's question about his journey, Ni turns unexpectedly awkward. "Well, no, not exactly by ship...." He trails off, hoping to have evaded the matter; in reality, he clearly hasn't, and the others wonder about the odd dodging of what seems to be a simple question.*

Turning to Vincenzo, Ni attempts to help him along. "No, here - it's 'nee'" - he points to his knee - "'me'" - he points to himself - "'n', like the letter, 'tea', like the drink, "'o', as in, 'oh brother, this is going to be a long day', 'ki', as in the stuff monks use to power all those crazy moves, 'ju', like 'you'" - he points to Vincenzo - "but with a 'j' in front, and 'ill', as in sickness. 'Ni-me-n-ti-o-ki-ju-il', get it? Simple. And it rolls off the tongue nicely. The females can't get enough of polysyllabic identifiers." Having solved that issue, he takes another swig from his mug, almost-but-not-quite polishing it off.

Vincenzo listens intently then mouths the name over and over, never the same way twice. He finally shakes his head and grabs a frog leg to go with his drink, until he sees he still needs to order another drink.

He calls for an ale and enjoys the rest of the conversation in silence.

Qik

First Post
"So," Ni says to Vincenzo and Fulgrim as he alternately sips on his ale and chews on frog legs, "will you two be aiding this man in reobtaining his stolen property? I would be happy to join you, if you'll have me. In addition to righting a wrong, it'd be a nice change of pace from my past few days, where I've done little but wander the countryside of this land."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Vincenzo smiles and says, "This won't be the first time we were responsible for re-acquiring stolen property."

Songdragon

Explorer
((Knowledge (local) 1d20+8=20 ))

"I know a place that will do the job, and do it well." She gives Borric some directions.

"I feed her meat, a nice raw hunk of something that bartender was going to cook up. She enjoyed it, and seems pleasantly feed right now." Zelena answers the man. "If we ever get to adventuring, bring something along, you might make a friend."

"I think I am going to be off to find some goodies for another friend." she holds up Waltor. "Although I should probably return him to Syl before departing. Would not want the man freaking out that I kidnapped him or anything. If you wait here I cna show you where that place is..."

The gnomish woman (for those new and unaware) with long silver hair and light complexion, wears a set of mithral brestplate, embossed with a moon motif, over which she wears a black tabard with a silver crescent moon in the middle. She has a dark colored wooden sheild adorned with the same crescent moon. At her hip is a mithral battleaxe and light crossbow across her back. A simple but silver gleaming quarter moon hangs form a silver chain about her neck She carriers an open faced helm under her left arm, renters the Dunn Wright Inn and returns a scorpion to Syl. "I will be back in a little bit." She then departs.

She climbs up on the hound fitted with a saddle and saddle bags and looks to Borric, "Ready?"

IronWolf

blank
"If he'll have me an my axe, I'll be helpin' him. I don't like to see one done wrong." Fulgrim replies to Tio. "Vincenzo and I've worked t'gether before. J'st finished a job up in fact."

Qik

First Post
"Oh really?" says the gnome, his eyebrows once again arching in curiousity. "Well, truth be told, this will be the first time I've been hired for such a task as reobtaining stolen property. But I assure you I'll find ways to contribute!" he adds hastily. [sblock=Stats]Nimientioquijuil
HP: 9/9
AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15)
CMD: 10
Fort: +1, Ref: +3, Will: +2
Perception: +2
Summon Monster I: 9/9
Spells:
- 0: Infinite
- 1: 2/2
Eidolon: Unsummoned[/sblock]

Remove ads