[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

Cythera shrugs, "The city contains all kinds, Eanos. Any city that can harbor wererats can hold other nefarious secrets." The way she spits out the word "wererats" makes it sound like an insult.

"Well met, you two. I am Cythera e'Kiernan."

"I would not worry too much about your impudent little girl, though. She will likely singe the arse off anyone that crosses her. And, if she can fling fireballs around, heavens beware of her Dance."

Her goblet empty, she turns and holds it out to show the bartender so she will get another.

"What's with the hideous wolf-like head mounted on a pike outside?
Anyone know the story on that?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 22 (19 flat-footed, 14 Touch)
HP: 54 Current: 54
CMB: +8 CMD: 22 (23 vs. Sundering) Fort: +5 Reflex: +6 Will: +5 (+1 with Resistance)
Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike, Power Attack, Furious Focus, Overhand Chop

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive
Chakram: 8/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

Battle Dance: 8/8 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 3/3 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13))[/sblock]___________________________

CytheraAvatar.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"I have no idea what the story behind that is. Though I am curious as to what it is you mean by 'dance' as I never once got the impression that Ariel was particularly interested in the entertainment arts. In fact I got the impression that she was extremely innocent in regards to anything that may be in any way used to entice those of the opposite gender, so I am left assuming you are referring to a different kind of dance." Veniarus says in a curious tone to the woman.

perrinmiller

Adventurer

OOC: The Barghest on a pike is an invitation for Fury to join them. Since he would be the only one present in the DWI that knows where it came from. :p
Cythera tilts her head to the side slightly and smiles, "The feisty warmaiden struck me as chaste as well."

"Surely you know that mortal combat is an art, no? The elegant blades, the intricate steps, and the glittering costumes.
"

"It is a performance art. Adding in magical spells does not change the art, just presents a different version of the Dance."

Setting her goblet on the bar counter, she glances around and notices that the area is too crowded for her polearm. Leaning the glaive against the bar, she draws a dagger to twirl it around in her fingers.

"Are you desiring a demonstration?
"

CMB: +8 CMD: 22 (23 vs. Sundering) Fort: +5 Reflex: +6 Will: +5 (+1 with Resistance)

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive & Goblet

Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 3/3 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13))[/sblock]___________________________

CytheraAvatar.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"Er... um no that is oookay. I prefer not to fight. And while my Eidolon is capable of defending the both of us. I wouldn't define his method of combat as an art form. You see he learned what he knows of fighting from helping me survive in the Harran Forest without the aid of the Elves and other Fae. So his combat practices are somewhat more barbaric than someone who appears to be as refined as yourself." Veniarus raises his hands in a submissive gesture indicating a complete lack of hostilities. This gets a laugh out of Kalius whom Veniarus had been relaying all the words said in this conversation to despite the fact that Kalius is on the complete opposite side of the tavern.

perrinmiller

Adventurer

OOC: All that talk of PvP coloring your perception? ;)
Cythera raises an eyebrow, "Who said anything about fighting?"

"I can perform the Dance steps and only touch with the blade, no harm would come to you or the centaur."

"Though admittedly, I am better with my heavier weapons that this little thing.
"

She is not bragging in her tone, just talking about facts as she sees them. Cythera puts the dagger away.

"The hoofed one has different Dance steps, but it is still the Dance. I too specialize in high strength and less finesse.
"

CytheraAvatar.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan

Rolyat58

First Post
The Halfling finally makes his way to the bar, climbing up a bar stool so that he may sit. He looks around the place with a slight sense of awe at the enormity of it.

Rolyat58

First Post
Davian Smilebeard, Halfling Rogue

The halfling, perched on the stool, looks to the group of people now next to him. "Um, hello all!" he says sheepishly. "Might any of you know where an adventurer might find employ?"

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Cythera looks down at the newcomer, immediately taking note of his common looking leather armor, hand crossbow, and diminutive shortsword. The next moment she registers the slight scarring on his face and his emaciated appearance.

She replies with some condescension, like a parent talking to a child, "Ah, a new one to the Dance. You are not, a stereotypical pickpocket, are you? I was in here the other day and two of your potential kin are running around swiping food off people's tables and lifting coin purses."

The bladeswoman looks around to see if those two chubby halflings are in attendence.

"All is well, Morry and Poppin are absent today.
"

"But to answer your question, little one, this would be the place to meet fellow adventurers for sure. As to employment opportunities, there maybe be many if you are willing to do practically anything."

She looks down at the short rogue on the bar stool with a questioning eyebrow raised.

CytheraAvatar.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan

Rolyat58

First Post
Davian Smilebeard, Halfling Rogue

Davian looks toward the woman addressing him, his face brightening a little now that he knows he's found the right place. "Well I wouldn't know much about dancin' miss." he says with a small grin. Standing up on his chair, Davian puffs out his small chest and tries to show his most triumphant pose "and whoeva said I was a pickpocket? I'm an adventurer! Davian Smilebeard at yer service!"

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"I seem to recall hearing somewhere that all of the kender-kin were pickpockets." Veniarus says with a pleasant smile on his face.

OOC: As he breaks the fourth wall.

Remove ads