[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"I am glad you are all so enthusiastic. To let you know, yes, there are undead that are roaming the city streets. No you will not be required to return them to their graves unless you wish to do so and you know which graves they belong to. Certain items in the graves and on the undead themselves are free for you to take as your reward for aiding us in this venture. You will also be paid for aiding us. We want this matter dealt with as quickly as possible so that business can return to normal relatively quickly." He looks over the group and scans the Patrons of the Inn, noticing the small Halfling he says "Sir Halfling do you per chance wish to join these others in aiding us rid the city of these Undead?"

OOC: want to wait to see if Davian wants to join in this adventure before I say we are ready to start. Also still waiting on final approval of the adventure from Perrinmiller.

Rolyat58

First Post
Davian Smilebeard (Halfling Rogue)

Davian leaps down off the barstool faster than one with such tiny legs should be physically able to. Stopping in front of the Guard and holds out his small hand "Davian Smilebeard, at your service!"

DalkonCledwin

First Post
The Guardsman looks down at Davian curiously and says "A pleasure." though the Guardsman is certain to keep at least a 5 foot distance between himself and Davian the entire time that the halfling talking to him, ignoring the outstretched hand.

OOC: Now we are just waiting on Perrinmiller to provide final approval of my adventure so we can get this underway. I would suggest that if anyone has any final preparations that they wish to perform prior to the start of the adventure that they do so now.

jbear

First Post
Maui frowns as the halfling joins the group. He looks at Eonas questioningly and then back to Davian. He cocks his head to make sure he is standing up straight. With a shrug he begins his tirade.

"I don't know what a Half Lean is but it would be better if te Lost Boy was a Whole Lean because no matter what Eyes of Jade says he is too small to be drinking te Red Water and putting Dead Walkers back in their Stone Houses! And te boy has no manner! He hasn't even touched his Buffalo Milk! ..."

Fuming he stamps over to the untouched milk. Taniwha drops to the ground and accepts the gift with enthusiasm. Moments later his face emerges from the now nearly empty tankard whiskers and nose painted white. With a swat of its paw Taniwha overturns the tankard spilling the last of the milk which he also laps up quickly leaving that patch of the floor shiney wet, not a drop in sight.

Meanwhile Taniwha stamps back towards the halfling and shaking his finger at him he says: "Alright, Devian Half Lean... if you are coming with te big people to fight te Dead then Maui will have to look after you! Maui declares te Devian Half Lean is his Little Brother! Now ... Little Brother, I will keep you safe til we find your parents. I will be your Big Brother! And you will listen when Big Brother tells you what to do! Understood?!

Maui doesn't seem to have quite understood what Davian is despite Eonas' explanation.

[sblock= Sorry about the clutter :)]OOC] I have finalised Maui and Taniwha. I have the sheet awaiting approval:
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Maui_(jbear1979)

I know [MENTION=6666968]Satin Knights[/MENTION] has been looking at it and will probably give him one approval, but I'll still need a second approval, so any other judges reading this, I'd be much obliged :)

Following a logical series of thoughts and taking Satin Knights advice i have rounded Maui out a bit to make him a better Handler. So dropping a point in Str and COn, now Maui has 10 Charisma ... so he doesn't have to be so annoying. He's just a bit slow (INT 8). So lets just say Maui often makes a first bad impression but then his more genuine nature comes through if you give him a chance to get to know you, which isn't nearly so full of himself and repugnant. Character-wise I think Maui is work in progress. So if he beginso mellow somewhat that's the reason why :)

Edit: Now Maui has 1 approval and can receive a 2nd approval from a non judge :) Wink wink nudge nudge ;P[/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

Cythera watches everyone she was talking with, and few more, rush over like moths to a flame to sign up. The bronzed woman, doesn't hesitate nor waste time dealing with the guard captain. Leaving a gold coin on the bar counter-top for a gratuity, she grips her glaive with two hands and heads towards the door.

"Time to Dance. Who needs the blessing of the city watch."

She exits the Dunn Wright Inn to search for her own zombies and whatever walking dead she can find out in the streets.

OOC: She will come back as soon as another character {nudge Veniarus} is available to talk with.
[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 22 (19 flat-footed, 14 Touch)
HP: 54 Current: 54
CMB: +8 CMD: 22 (23 vs. Sundering) Fort: +5 Reflex: +6 Will: +5 (+1 with Resistance)
Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike, Power Attack, Furious Focus, Overhand Chop

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive & Goblet
Chakram: 8/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

Battle Dance: 8/8 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 3/3 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13))[/sblock]___________________________

CytheraAvatar.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan

Rolyat58

First Post

Davian looks up at the man, fighting the urge to laugh at his ignorance. "He's well meaning at least." Davian thinks to himself "and I'll need all the friends I can get." Looking up to Maui, Davian puts on his most charming smile, trying to conjure a look of childish innocence. "New big brother, could you help me? If I'm to be any help I'm going to need tools, but I don't have the money. You wouldn't mind giving little brother a few shillings so he can help the group would you?"

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
"Tools? For doing what Little Brother? Nothing dangerous I hope!"

Maui seems interested but suspicious. Though slow he doesn't seem to foolish.

Rolyat58

First Post

"Why to keep the group safe!" says Davian maintaining his smile. "I just so happen to be pretty good at disabling traps and all that, but I require tools....and doesn't that sound like a safer place for little me than in front fighting the undead?"

DalkonCledwin

First Post
After taking a nap in his new apartment, Veniarus and Kalius start making their way back to the Dunn Wright Inn. On the way they both take note of the fact that it seems that the Undead have managed to make their way into the city. Veniarus contemplates the meaning of this while attempting to avoid drawing too much attention to himself all the while.

Remove ads