[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Veniarus raises an eyebrow at the woman who addressed the one known as Pari and says "Those would be domesticated animals. Though if you wish to see a more spectacular animal perhaps I could accommodate you." giving Ariel a knowing glance.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric (NPC)

Ariel glances over at the disruptive half-orc, but he doesn't appear to be with the gnome and dwarf. Seeing the new arrival in no armor and carrying regular weapons, she notices that the older and taller girl appears to be unprepared for serious delivery of Justice.

"Her blessing upon you, ma'am." She notices the traces of the plane-touched in Maia's appearance are similar to her own.

"I am Ariel Esimae, Warmaiden of Her Justice Helina. I take it, this older woman is part of your group, Pari and Garnet."

Ariel is very curious what it is the other Aasimar does, guessing she is a mage of some sort, but suspects she has taken a blow to the head.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 20 (22 with shield, 18 flat-footed, 12 Touch) +3 AC Barkskin
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +5 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 Will: +8 (+10 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity
Conditions if Effect: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot

Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear
Javelins: 5/5 Remaining

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 5/5 remaining (3d6/DC14)
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 5/5* (Shield of Faith, Doom, Bless, Divine Favor, Burning Hands)
2nd Level 4/4 (Hold Person, Lessor Restoration, Sound Burst, Barkskin)
3rd Level 3/3 (Fireball, Searing Light, Dispel Magic) [/sblock]___________________________________________

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg
Ariel Esimae

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Pari smiles indulgently at Maia's interlude as he turns to Ariel. "Kumusta Ariel!" He quirks an expressive eyebrow at the other stranger, but as it appears he's with Ariel he doesn't ask for a name. "This is Maia, another of our companions in this little difficulty in which we've become embroiled." He takes a long draught of his ale and sets the mug down carefully. "Long story short, we were commissioned by Father Kedric to investigate the disappearance of one of his Paladins and to retrieve a holy item sacred to his church. We successfully retrieved the Paladin's sword, but sadly, he was beyond our help. We were also unable to destroy the fiend responsible for the theft and for his death.

"On our return to Venza, we were approached by an urchin bearing a note that indicated I had been mistaken for some other Gnome - a miscreant, apparently, who does not do credit to the virtues of our race. My friends - Garnet, Maia, Heinrich and Ausk - were staunch in their efforts on my behalf, and in trying to clear up the misconception we've discovered that Maderius - the Gnome for whom I was mistaken - was commissioned by a woman named Cassatta to steal a powerful artifact for her. He double crossed her, and now she's hunting him (which means me, at the moment) down. From the information we have, this Cassatta is an evil woman and will be able to use the artifact to wreak great harm to Venza; we've decided to stop her. As an added bonus, we suspect that Cassatta is none other than the fiend who destroyed Father Kedric's Paladin."
He looks to Garnet. "Did I get that all right, my friend? Did I miss anything?"

mfloyd3

Explorer
Garnet nods. "That is the right of it," she says. "But Father Kedric's Paladins are watching a demon we captured, as you seem to know. Did you know that the demon was disguised as a goblin when we caught it? It was leading a gang of some kind. We'll have to find a way to deal with that, too." She takes a swig of her ale, and gestures to the half-orc barkeep for another. "There seems to be much rot in Venza. Truly, I'd go back to the Seithr, but I hate to leave a job undone."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric (NPC)

Ariel gives a knowing nod to Veniarus before replying to Garnet.

"Father Kedric did explain about the barghest. Nasty shape-shifting blighter. It was about to wake, but one of the paladins thought it best to wait for your return and he clonked it on the head to keep it unconscious for awhile longer yet."

"I have heard stories of the winged fiend you encountered. You say it is likely this Cassatta person. Very well, if she is that dangerous we should be properly prepared."

She look pointedly at Maia, who by all appearances and demeanor, appears to be more of a hayseed than an experienced adventurer.

"Excuse my brashness, but is your friend here right in the head. I perhaps have a healing spell that can be learned to restore some lost intelligence if there is something wrong?"

The cleric is genuinely concerned.

"Shall we continue this discussion is a more private location and plan?"

She gestures for them to head over to a private booth with three walls and a heavy curtain.
GM: New thread available and the TBX/TBG clock will resume/start today for the 4 players I know are in.
Reply here or there: http://www.enworld.org/forum/playing-game/316303-lpf-daggers-midnight-ii.html#post5772484
[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 20 (22 with shield, 18 flat-footed, 12 Touch) +3 AC Barkskin
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +5 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 Will: +8 (+10 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity
Conditions if Effect: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot

Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear
Javelins: 5/5 Remaining

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 5/5 remaining (3d6/DC14)
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 5/5* (Shield of Faith, Doom, Bless, Divine Favor, Burning Hands)
2nd Level 4/4 (Hold Person, Lessor Restoration, Sound Burst, Barkskin)
3rd Level 3/3 (Fireball, Searing Light, Dispel Magic) [/sblock]___________________________________________

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg
Ariel Esimae

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"I believe that might be best; come, friends . . . let's get our talking done and get this show on the road!"

With these words, Pari hops down off the barstool. Gesturing for the others to follow, he and Tagaiwi head to one of the Dunn Wright's private meeting rooms.

Shayuri

First Post
Maia chuckles. "Garnet's fine...she just sometimes has a very direct approach..." She trails off, noting the eyes on her, and realizes her assumption has a flaw in it. "Oh. You mean me? Of course I'm right..."

As the group started filtering to the backroom, Maia trailed after them. "Really, my head is fine. I'm just...new here..." She entered the room after them, and the door shut behind her.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Veniarus smiles at Ariel's presumption that there is something wrong with the naive Maia when Ariel herself is incredibly naive. It is in his mind the height of Irony to note that Ariel can detect that something is unusual about this Maia girl. That said as people start to trickle into the private booth, Veniarus is sure to follow them so that he can be in on what happens in the room.

mazzoli

First Post
The door to the tavern opens to reveal a short, lithe, apparently human woman. She stops to let her eyes adjust to the dimmer light of the common room and sweeps back her hood. The small horns adorning her head set amid a nest of jet black hair, as badly in need of a wash as the rest of her, give notice of a not-completely-human heritage. She strides over to the bar after disdainfully looking over the patrons, a longbow and quiver on her back, sword and dagger at her side, and all variety of travel gear stuffed into a worn-looking pack marking her as a traveler just come in from a long journey.

The tiefling motions to the half-orc keep and requests a room and bath. He nods and directs her toward the rooms and tells her where to draw up the bathwater before she saunters off in the indicated direction.

OOC: Hello everybody. Introducing Thiera, Tiefling Ranger.

Remove ads