[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Korsakovia

First Post
Zhen Yu, Human Oracle (1)

The newcomer's entry caught the corner of Zhen Yu's eye for a few moments. Once a conversation started up between figure and the bartender she turned her attention back to the discussion centered around the wounded Anna.

The half-orc's call pulled her away once more. Seeing the parchment fixed ontop of the other notices, she slowly made her way over. Gently smoothing it out with one hand to make reading easier, Zhen Yu read the short offer over.

[sblock=ooc]Yay! Adventure time! <3[/sblock]

Disposable Hero

First Post
Orion Drake (Aasimar Paladin 1)

Orion was caught off guard as the dark haired man made his way past the group tending to Anna. "What do you mean you have the right place?" The thought quickly exited his mind as the man moved to the bar and Orion's attention went back to Anna.

"More work!" Is all he heard as he turns in time to see Grog place some parchment on the notice board.

With an eager smile Orion stands up and makes his way to the notice board. "Someone to watch his warehouse for the night." He mutters to himself.

Orion looks over his shoulder to Larson still standing close to Anna. "It would seem you have a chance to earn some coin for your cause Larson."

Making his way back to his original table Orion gathers his pack belongings and returns to Anna's side. "I trust in Ioseph to tend to your needs, unless he intends to come along on this task." He looks to Ioseph as he shakes his head in the negative. "Then I'll take my leave Lady Anna and I'm sure I'll see you around. Take Care."

"And you Iospeh. Take care."

Orion makes his way out of the inn quickly since the sun hangs low in the sky and will soon be nightfall.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +6, Senses: Perception +8, Darkvision 60 ft.
Current Effects: None
AC: 16 (Flat-Footed 15, Touch 11
HP: 13/13
Move: 20'/30'
CMB: +4, CMD: 15
Fort: +4, Reflex: +1, Will: +4
Resistance: +5 Acid, Cold, and Electricity.
Weapon in Hand: None

Smite Evil: 1/1 day
Daylight: 1/1 day[/sblock]

CoreyL

First Post
Larson Starwater Gnome Paladin 1

Larson was facing an internal conflict of interests. Clearly Anna was in need of aide, and yet just as clearly she was a powerful woman capable of looking after herself. On the other hand, here was an opportunity for employment in the company of other virtuous men where with any luck they could engage in a rousing deed of arms. When it became clear that Ioseph intended to remain with the fiery lady, he made up his mind. Coin would be needed in his enterprise to combat tyranny and oppression.

Larson nodded as Orion called to him, and followed him over to the the notice at the bar. Not a grand quest to be sure, but the gods do work their wonders in mysterious ways. I am not well acquainted with the city, so let me follow you to the warehouse sir. Perchance you can begin to tell me of the Bright Lady.

Larson mounted a stocky Tal Hallow pony when they exited the tavern, and kept his lance capped and upright. The pony was a good one, and had carried him surely all the miles to the great city. He easily kept up with the taller paladin.

Korsakovia

First Post
Zhen Yu, Human Oracle (1)

The slender woman followed the two armored men out of the inn door. Like Larson, she did not know the city very well. "Excuse me, sirs" she said in a small voice. "Is there a temple of Amenthia near here? Or a market even would suffice." She raised a hand to the center of her collarbone as if searching for something that was no longer there. "I lost my holy symbol on my journey here and am in dire need replacement."

Disposable Hero

First Post
Orion Drake (Aasimar Paladin 1)

Orion looks over to Zhun Yu. "I do apologize for not answering you earlier. The situation with Anna demanded some attention. I'm not familiar with Amenthia or any temples that may be in the city proper but we will be passing through a market on our way to the werehouse job."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +6, Senses: Perception +8, Darkvision 60 ft.
Current Effects: None
AC: 16 (Flat-Footed 15, Touch 11
HP: 13/13
Move: 20'/30'
CMB: +4, CMD: 15
Fort: +4, Reflex: +1, Will: +4
Resistance: +5 Acid, Cold, and Electricity.
Weapon in Hand: None

Smite Evil: 1/1 day
Daylight: 1/1 day[/sblock]

Last edited:

toasterferret

Explorer
Seeing only three rise and leave to assist in guarding the warehouse, Darius pushes his chair back from the table, stand up, and begins walking toward the door. "Well, looks like they need us. ZAPHYN, COME."

A hiss can be heard from the rafters, as the demon protests. Darius opens the door and walks out, Zaphyn following begrudgingly.

dammitbiscuit

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Er. I agreed to help Anna, but the guy with the Warehouse thing wants all level 1s to join his game. Being that I'm new here, someone tell me wat do?

*EDIT: Having gotten some helpful advice, I think I'll stick with what I said first. Bipper would want to go on the more daring, dangerous, or heroic-sounding adventure - even though we all know that simple jobs are never simple in D&D, he hasn't been around the block long enough to realize that.

Unless of course the DM for the helping-Anna-adventure warns me that the adventure will be too high level or is full or something.[/sblock]

Last edited:

dammitbiscuit

First Post
A pensive facial expression briefly flickers over Bipper's face before the usual jovial grin reappears.

"Drat, sounds like I may miss out on some easy money, there. Ah well, I would've squandered it on something stupid, I'm sure."
He looks at Anna. "Well then, since you have my axe for the nonce, how shall we employ it? While you recover, wouldjer like me to ask around town for directions to the place on this missive of yours?"

toasterferret

Explorer
OOC: Anna's adventure was going to be for level 2-3 characters, but it looks like we currently have 3 level 2's and one level 1, so I'm going to scale it down so you guys can all go. I'm going to finish the adventure proposal tonight and hopefully we can start next week.

OOC: Update: Adventure proposal submitted, but it's gonna be a pretty rough time if the APL is 2, at least without some characters who can take a few hits. We are either gonna have to wait for someone else to show up to help, or send you guys out with the help of some NPC's.

Last edited:

Remove ads