[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Chronikoce

First Post
Vax (Lvl 1)

Vax is momentarily taken aback by the passion with which Aedger responded. But then "Somebody has to crush evil, slay dragons, delve into the deep unknown and fight for the lives of those who would live without taking a life! My purpose is to wade into the den of whatever foul creature plans on sullying the worlds day and smash it with fierce-some blows from 'Crusher' there" He says while motioning to massive hammer he has left on the tavern floor.

"Some lives need to be taken and if that is the case I would sooner be the one doing the taking and claiming whatever glory that brings. Maybe the village I save may not know of the doom that was headed their way before it was averted by the actions of my companions and I but there certainly is no harm in boasting of our deeds once we get to the local tavern. After all how can they properly appreciate the life they live if they don't know of the peril that could have ended it so swiftly!"

Walking over and picking 'Crusher' up off the floor Vax turns back to Aedger once more and with a note of fierce determination in his voice calls out "You keep your dam building and crop growing, I will continue in my purpose. Crushing things that need to be crushed!"

[sblock=OOC]
[MENTION=6696448]vmaaxt[/MENTION] that was pretty awesome there. Vax of course has zero ability to understand your point of view though so don't take the decline of his opinion of you the wrong way.

--EDIT--
typed the wrong type of dam hehe. Almost left it for the sake of it being a pun but Vax is soo not that clever.
[/sblock]

[sblock= Vax]
Vax

[sblock=Raging]
AC: 14 (Flat-footed: 12, Touch: 10)
HP: 15/15
CMB: +7 CMD: 19
Fort: +6 Ref: +2 Will: +4
Speed: 30'

Perception: +4
Initiative: +2

Primary Weapon: Crusher (+7, 2d6+9/x3)
Ranged Weapon: Javelin (+3, 1d6+6/x2)
Special Attack Options: Power Attack: -1 Attack, +3 Damage
[/sblock]

[sblock=Not Raging]
AC: 16 (Flat-footed: 14, Touch: 12)
HP: 13/13
CMB: +5 CMD: 17
Fort: +4 Ref: +2 Will: +2

Primary Weapon: Crusher (+5, 2d6+6/x3)
Ranged Weapon: Javelin (+3, 1d6+4/x2)
[/sblock]
Current Conditions in Effect: None

Vax (Chronikoce) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Lem the Cook, Halfling Monk 2

Lem walks in, and joins Galandra and Mesem after noticing them. "Hope I'm not interrupting anything," he says with a wink. He pats his small belt pouch and leans in towards them with a conspiratol look. "Do you realize the kind of banquets I could cook up with the kind of coin we earned." He leans back and smiles in pleasure at the thought. "Truth be told, I could go for another adventure. I figure I might be able to afford two banquets. Wouldn't that be something?"

Noticing the argument between Aedgar and Vax, the simply-clothed, unarmed halfling jumps on top of the bar table he is sharing with Mesem and Galandra and yells, "HEY! Pipe down over there, you two! I'm trying to discuss the fine art of culinary cooking here!"

Systole

First Post
The pale-eyed dwarf seems lost in a reverie, and does not seem to notice the priest's soliloquy. He snaps back to reality during the ensuing silence and looks around suspiciously. "Ah, so Cavernous Hode is not the only one infatuated with the horned woman's bodice. With so many rivals, he will need to be exceptionally clever to win her affections. He sets to pondering, but first..."

The dwarf licks his hand and smooths down the few remaining hairs that cross the top of his otherwise bald skull. "There! Cavernous Hode feels handsomer already. The very portrait of a mighty hero, he is," the dwarf says happily.[sblock= Mini Stats]
CavernousHode_150.jpg
MisterDickens100.jpg

Cavernous Hode
AC: 15 (13 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 20/20
CMB: +1 CMD: 13
Fort: +5 Reflex: +2 Will: +7
Speed: 20'

Perception: +9

Current Weapon in Hand: Heavy Pick (+2, 1d6+1/x4), Wand of CLW

0th level spells (DC 14): Create Water, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st level spells (DC 15): Entangle, Expeditious Excavation, Obscuring Mist

Mister Dickens
AC: 15 (11 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 23/23
CMB: +1 CMD: 14 (17 vs. Trip)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +6 Will: +2
Speed: 40', 20' Swim, 20' Climb

Perception: +5

Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons (+5, 1d4/x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: None[/sblock]

vmaaxt

First Post
Aedger Beinn (Aasimar Cleric)

Aedger turns to the newcomer and apologizes, "Sorry, sir, my new friend and I didn't think that we were being quite that loud. I'll try to keep it down."

Turning back to Vax, he continues, "There is something to be said for those who keep a population safe, guard it from violence. But those who guard it from starvation, disease, and the elements, they are just as important. The glory of an individual can never exceed the glory of a society. Further, An indivudal's glory is limited by how glorious a society he or she hails from. Nobody from the slums ever has parades in their names.

I see you have found your purpose, though. And I certainly hope that you find the glory you seek. As for Mr. Hode, well, I hope he finds glory as well."

dammitbiscuit

First Post
Distracted Stranger (NPC)

The door to the tavern opens, and no one walks through it. A fella wearing pretty fine garb that's a little bit unkempt is standing just outside. He surveys the room, puts his gloved hand through the doorway, pulls his hand back outside, and inspects it. He looks at the ground below him, and then back into the tavern.

Carefully, he steps through, keeping one hand firmly on the doorknob to make sure it doesn't do anything. He closes the door, then looks out the window. Almost walking into the tavern proper, he decides, one more time, to open the door and verify nothing unusual has happened to the outside world.

Semi-satisfied, he and his dapper moustache give the tavern another once-over, looking more at the walls than at the patrons, then he tosses money at the counter and hurries upstairs.

"Sure, your room's still availab- " Marla cuts herself off, realizing that even if she shouted, the guy probably wouldn't hear her. She raises an eyebrow, amused, as the new bartender dives to catch the coins. "Don't mind me!" he grumbles.

[sblock=OOC]I'm setting up an NPC in the Upper section of the tavern for later. Got an adventure I wanna run. As we go through the approval process I might move him down into the dining area, but for now he's holed up upstairs, if any PCs wanna bug him. Bugging him is not required to make the adventure happen, it's just an option. :) He'll make an announcement once he's gotten over his... issues, if the adventure gets approved.[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
Menik, elf wizard 2

Menik once again walks into the Inn, walking confidently towards the bar.

[sblock=Menik]
Blood_elf_horde_long_hair_pointy_ears_white_hair_world_of_warcraft.jpg
[/sblock]

Seeing Lem, Galandra, and Mesem, he heads over to them. "Good evening! How are you? Anything exciting going on?"

hemera

Explorer
Reianne Estril, Human Bard

A red haired young woman in a long leather coat festooned with buckles and notes tucked into pockets walks through the doors to the tavern. A bit less shyly than her first time here, she headed over to a table and decides to finally get herself that well deserved meal now that she is back in town.

Doing her best to get the attention of the barmaid despite the clamor of the room and the goings on, she manages to grab her "Hi there, Marla is it? I'm celebrating, so this calls for some boar and some wine. Nice to be home again!"

After she returns, Reianne enjoys a rather nice dinner, though she does miss her halfling friend's cooking already, as she takes in the situation and tries to make out any familiar faces.
[sblock=Reianne Estril]

Reianne.jpg

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Chronikoce

First Post
Vax (Lvl 1)

Aedger's acknowledgement that Vax is capable of acquiring glory seems to have calmed the large man considerably. "Ah well thanks... Just don't like it when people try and say that I am incapable of acquiring that which I seek."

Brightening up he remembers that Marla offered him a drink if he helped clean up the mess. Quickly striding over to the bar to acquire said drink from the shapely tiefling he throws it back all at once and seems quite satisfied.

With all the newcomers to the tavern Vax takes a minute to survey the scene, remembers something suddenly and turns to Marla "Thanks for the drink! You sure know how to make a man happy." He chuckles to himself before returning to his survey of the bar.

The strange fellow who hurried upstairs brings a smirk to Vax's face as he shakes his head, he says to nobody in particular "I cannot imagine going through life so jumpy like that. That man needs to acquire a good stiff drink and a big hammer to settle down those nerves."

[sblock= Vax]
Vax

[sblock=Raging]
AC: 14 (Flat-footed: 12, Touch: 10)
HP: 15/15
CMB: +7 CMD: 19
Fort: +6 Ref: +2 Will: +4

Primary Weapon: Crusher (+7, 2d6+9/x3)
Ranged Weapon: Javelin (+3, 1d6+6/x2)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Not Raging]
AC: 16 (Flat-footed: 14, Touch: 12)
HP: 13/13
CMB: +5 CMD: 17
Fort: +4 Ref: +2 Will: +2

Primary Weapon: Crusher (+5, 2d6+6/x3)
Ranged Weapon: Javelin (+3, 1d6+4/x2)
[/sblock]

Vax (Chronikoce) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
[/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
Galandra reaches out for a couple of more chairs (and a high stool for Lem) and places them by their table, motioning Menik and Reianne to take a seat.

"Been good for the moment. I found a place to stay. Not that I didn't like the inn, but I just sleep better without so much street noise" she told Menik. "I had been waiting for a while now to see if anything comes up while... I do other things" she adds.

hemera

Explorer
Reianne sees Galandra and gladly moves her wine (having finished her food already), with her over to Galandra's table. "Great to see you all again, I hope you are all still doing well." She laughs and takes a drink of wine, "I can't believe it, but getting back here for a meal made me realize I miss Lem's cooking already."

Remove ads