[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

soulnova

Explorer
"SLAVERS. " There is malice in his voice. His hand moves to a very fine ivory handled rapier instinctively, "It will be their blood, not ours to be spilled. They are a shame and a scourge to all civilized peoples."

Galandra leans back a little, taken by surprise by the sheer power of hate she can feel flowing from the words.

"Great to have you on board" she shakes his hand. "Gotta tell you, there might be cultists using big rats as minions to attack. We got our guard down and got surrounded. That was a very tight fight... I'd rather know in advance your strengths so we can adapt better and work as team easier"

"I have a decent eye and ears. I just got a very good bow so I can hit from afar and I can change quickly to my falchion if dangers closes in" she looks down her leopard. "Mika here... I'm not sure about her yet. It will be my first fight with her, I guess. I'll make her stay close to me to defend if needed. She's very stealthy too."

WindCrystal

First Post
Amien looks over his shoulder towards Minek, "Hey! I was wondering where you were at. That is a good look for you. I found ourselves an ally."

When the man over at the other part of the tavern scowls at the very mention of slavers, Amien points over, "YES! Slavers! I like to think of them as slavers rather than cultists, because that's what we caught them doing!"

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"My strength is my sword, Though I am pretty handy with the bow. Finally got a decent one from a village in the pell grass lands. I have been practicing various sword dueling styles, each with its own special surprise. I need to see a considerable bit more combat to get the twist I seek to learn. (ooc: planning on taking a level of rogue next level)"

He removes his sword glove and flexes his fingers, his hand heavily calloused from hours of use of a sword, his clothing cut and torn but sewn back up from obvious contact.

"one such school I learned is Vermacchlii, Where you fight with one hand empty, though not as a lone wolf, but as a line of fighters side by side, for example." He replaces his glove . "Perhaps at your side I can prove my worth !"

edit: ooc - are we to chip in for a clw wand? if so, how much each?

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
Maui takes a step back when he hears Vincenzo shout for the first time since they have known each other. He wondered what these slavers were but if Vincenzo disliked them that much then he decided he also disliked them. "We will slay te slayvers" Maui says with certain uncertainty.

Soon after Galandra is asking about Maui's strengths. He grins and shows his biceps proudly. "Taniwha, show te teeth". Taniwha, whose twitching tail had just been snatched and chewed by Mika emits a growl, baring his sharp fangs.

jkason

First Post
Ru raises a glass as Menik enters, wanting to acknowledge his old adventuring companion without interrupting the planning he and the new recruits are doing.

kinem

Adventurer
Menik nods to Ru. "Good to see you Ru. You'll join us on this little quest?" Seeing Ru's expression, Menik adds "Another time, perhaps."

"It's hard to plan with so little information. One crazy idea ... you folks with big cats could pretend to be evil druids. Might confuse 'em for a moment, let us get in the first blow."

WindCrystal

First Post
Amien smirks and shrugs, seeming able to go with whatever plan they decide to come up, and responds very optimistically, "And if that fails, we'll just have an old fashioned scuffle, and win."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Lem enters the Dunn Wright Inn, his brow sweaty. "Sorry it took so long to get on back. I ran into a pesky man named math that gave me some trouble. Can't stay long, though. Got to find Menik and Galandra again, so we can cave in some slaver skulls. Oh... there you are. Hey guys! I've worked up an appetite, so I think I'll just go and grab some meat on a stick and then I'll be ready to go."

soulnova

Explorer
Mika seemed to peek her attention at Lem at the mention of "meat". She leaves Taniwha's tail and walks up to him to sniff him. She turns back and drops herself in the floor disappointing he didn't have any treat on him.

"I agree Mika," she turns serious "I really need to find you some fresh game. You might have a new fan of your cooking here Lem" she snickers.

"I guess the only way to get a good plan is seeing the playground when we get there. But I do like the idea of passing for evil druids... Maui might be able to pull it off much more easily"

Remove ads