[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

jkason

First Post
Ru smiles. "I find it's sometimes easiest to assume everyone's hiding something until I'm quite certain he or she isn't," the southerner says with a shrug. "Not that I do a lot of hiding, mind," he adds with a wink.

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===
CharityClose.jpg

Charity considers what Ruu had proposed for a while, gently swirling what is left of her drink. "Perhaps. I spend long guard shifts watching people, considering what they do and say, considering what they don't do and say, inferring possibilities, and trusting nary a soul. And when my shift is over, I'm totally exhausted even though I've done almost no physical work.

"By contrast, I can work at home, among those I trust, cooking, cleaning, tending animals, chopping wood, and such, do more physical work but feel less exhaustion. There is a something almost... tangible... about being 'on' for long periods of time."
Charity takes another sip of her drink, sitting quietly.

A short time later, Charity muses, "I need a chakram." It's unclear to whom she was speaking.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien shrugs, "Dopplegangers and Dark Stalkers, add them to your list with puppy-sized dragons and winged lions. Of course, they still bleed well enough. All you need is good light to deal with Dark Stalkers."

"I do not wish to chop wood or cook... well not at home at least. I sorta have to do that type of thing out on the road and sleeping out amongst the stars."

On hearing that Charity needs a certain weapon, the elven archeress reaches to her weapons belt and the leather pouch. Selecting one of them, she thunks it into the table. The sharp edge sinks in enough to hold the chakram upright.

A gruff voice snarls over to from the bar, "Hey, watchya fookin' doin?"

"Oh, nothing," Tyrien gives a grin to Grog and waves a gold coin for him. Then sets it on the table as the half-orc appears to let that settle the matter for now.

"What do you need it for?"

Aura

Explorer
CharityClose.jpg

Charity seems to be caught off-guard by Tyrien's sinking the round blade into the table, eyes going wide. Recomposing herself, she observes, "Let me guess, I was thinking out loud... again." She sighs, but doesn't seem surprised. "I was just mentally going over what I should carry with me. I have a glaive and a dagger, and sure, I can throw the dagger, but then... I wouldn't have my dagger. I figure a small throwie like a chakram would give me an opening shot before the hand to hand festivities begin."

perrinmiller

Adventurer

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien gestures for Charity to take the weapon, "Good thinking. You can have that one, if you want. I have more and hardly use them anymore."

"I got the most use out of them against exploding zombies. Carrying only three at the time was not enough. You see, zombie flesh is sort of rotting off the bones and not really necessary. So and arrow puncture is not as effective, but the slicing blade of a charkram is. Of course, any creature that explodes on death is one you fight at a distance."

"You might want to consider getting some made with cold iron... What about a blunt weapon? Skeletons are pain in the arse for an archer too, unless you have blunt arrows. I recommend a Morningstar for those times you need a blunt weapon. When you can afford it, silver spikes makes the weapon effective against were-creatures as well."

OOC: You can have the Chakram, either marking off the expenses as if you purchased it or even recording it as a gift for income. No one is going to quibble about 1gp. Tyrien doesn't need to pay for a new one either because of her cost of living investment.

jkason

First Post
Ru raises an eyebrow as Tyrien bequeaths a weapon at the mention of it by the young paladin. He considers a moment, then shrugs as if dismissing whatever thought he had.

"Sadly, about the only thing I'm very good at throwing are these," he says producing several shuriken held between his fingers, then just as quickly returning them to whatever places he has securing them within his armor. "I'm sure it's good to know that some zombies explode, though I will admit part of me wishes I was still ignorant on that score."

Aura

Explorer
CharityClose.jpg

Reaching for the metal ring, Charity thanks Tyrien, "Well, thank you. I'll see what I can do about weapon variety. Perhaps weapons that can be used more than one way." She slowly wiggles it free, examining the throwing weapon carefully before setting it by her drink.

The red, white and gold clad woman gives a nod to Ru, "Yes, I'd never heard of exploding zombies. Surely not a pleasant thing; sounds like the work of a nefarious necromancer."

[sblock=OOC]
Thanks for the mechanical detail, perrinmiller. I'll just mark add it to my expenditures, for simplicity's sake.
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien waves away the sentiment, "It is nothing, I can get another chakram easily enough. If I even need to, since my arrows have been much more effective. I have not used those whirling blades since those zombies. Nor have I tried shiruken, neither. Probably no better for me. I am an arcane archeress now."

She wrinkles her nose, "Ru, I wish I could forget about the zombies too. They smell absolutely putrid. EeeYUCK! I think they would have caused disease too if our paladin had not already been immune. But he stank... oh boy did he reek. Talk about a stench that would make your hair curl. Zombie guts, blood, and sweat in a confined space of a musty crypt. I nearly yacked right there."

"We found the nefarious one responsible for the zombies was a skeleton spirit of a dead lord. He was a tougher skeleton."

jkason

First Post
Ru wrinkles up his own nose in sympathy.

"Well, hopefully he didn't have a chance to share his secret exploding zombie recipe with anyone else before you dispatched him," the swarthy man offers. "I've fought some undead, but nothing nearly so foul.

"And if it smells that bad to us ... well, I certainly hope that group with all the cats doesn't run into anything like it. I can't even imagine what a terror that would be on their animals."

perrinmiller

Adventurer

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien shakes her head, "I don't think the skeleton lord was the teaching type. It was not like he was a spell casting necromancer either. He just sort of rose up when they invaded the crypt and disturbed his bones. Lesson to be learned is to be careful whose tomb you loot."

"
So what undead have you fought before, Ru?"

Remove ads