[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

resrick

First Post
"Ah that does remind me, I have been famished since leaving my town without a proper meal on the road here. Barkeep I will have some of that mutton as well. Oh and another beer for our furry friend here. I am curious to see what the effects of aged hops has on him."

He looks over at the feline resting in the corner. Hearing his reluctance to join in the conversation Devlin whispers into the barkeeps ears,"and maybe a delectable fish for that one. He seems rather tight lipped, but I think with ample coercion we could convince him to join in the livery."

Upon receiving his mutton and another drink Devlin pulls a couple of vials out of his pocket and pours a couple of drops from each into his drink.
​"Nothing like a little extra flavor to spice up this drink. Feel free to try some if you feel you have the gut for it my friends."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"That one by the fire place, I am serious. nothing will make him speak like we can understand. The other two, well beer will only make the puppy talk so much that sister grim over there will make you regret it."

Airwhale

First Post
A large, imposing man enters through the doors of the tavern, followed by a equally large tiger. He seems to look around, confused, and then heads over to yet another corner of the tavern. The large cat follows, and curls up next to him. The large cat seems to be watching the shadows, perhaps bored, or perhaps she saw a mouse? Meanwhile, the man takes out a flask and starts drinking it.

Last edited:

resrick

First Post
"HAHA yes I can see that now, but the temptation of giving this wonderful creature a drink was just to tempting for me. I will just have to wait til the grim one warms up to me then!"

Devlin looks up from his bubbling drinking concoction as the ding of the tavern bell goes off once again and shoots a big hopeful smile toward the imposing figure and his feline companion.

"Ooh, another fascinating animal figure. Wonder if this one has any special drink he likes, or sneakiness, or if he is as shy as the other"
He says loud enough that the man with tiger is able to hear.

Devlin then reaches behind him for his drink while keeping a keen eye on this new curiosity he can learn from.

Last edited:

SloppyJoe

First Post

"My I have told you my life story,"
Devlin puts away his note book and signals for a mead from the bartender,"and what about you good sir? What can I learn from you this day and your many adventures?"

The former guard listens to Devlin's story with interest. He is a little set back when the wishes to know about his adventures, especially when the alchemist implies that he Drake has been on one.

" I'm afraid I must disappoint Mr. Devlin, I started adventuring business quite recently and have no tales to share. To be frank, I've never been outside of Venza. Spent half of my life as a guard in the Twin Roses district. Recent events made me realize that a change of profession was in order. Adventuring business seemed both profitable and exciting, so that's why I went here "

Realizing the story seemed a bit dull and not interested to seem incompetent, he adds " Now and then we did manage to catch a thief at the market place or a smuggler trying to deliver some illegal goods ". Scratching his hair under his tricorne as if searching for more clues to what to tell, he raises his mug towards Devlin and the others " well, to fame, fortune and a good life. Cheers! "

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Well I have been on 6 adventures, some in town, some out of town. some involved a simple return of merchant goods,while others, they varied from fighting zombies while trying to get back to above grounds, to fighting slavers and returning illegally captured slaves. I have traveled with Galandra, Lem, Menik, Amien, Maui, Tasanto Nysys, Denizel, Maui and Taniwah, Sylla the grim and puppy dog Boots, Fae'shiel Aeros, : Marcus Cole,Mortar Foehammer, and many others as those are the most recent."

He points out those in the tap room as he lists them.

Airwhale

First Post
Devlin looks up from his bubbling drinking concoction as the ding of the tavern bell goes off once again and shoots a big hopeful smile toward the imposing figure and his feline companion.

"Ooh, another fascinating animal figure. Wonder if this one has any special drink he likes, or sneakiness, or if he is as shy as the other"
He says loud enough that the man with tiger is able to hear.

Devlin then reaches behind him for his drink while keeping a keen eye on this new curiosity he can learn from.

The tall man looks over at Devlin, smiles at him, and then starts to scratch the tiger behind her ears.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Muzdum Firebelly

Muzdum is not surprised by the talking animals. He had eaten things that speak for breakfast many times. Like an old man he follows the stories he can relate to, and the halfling speaking of dwarves peaks his interest.
"Dwarven village eh? What clan? The Ironguts? Rockboots? Firebeards?"

On other news, Muzdum is updated to level 2, ready for adventure!

Last edited:

resrick

First Post
Muzdum is not surprised by the talking animals. He had eaten things that speak for breakfast many times. Like an old man he follows the stories he can relate to, and the halfling speaking of dwarves peaks his interest.
"Dwarven village eh? What clan? The Ironguts? Rockboots? Firebeards?"

On other news, Muzdum is updated to level 2, ready for adventure!

"Well good sir, My mother and I were no par of any particular clan ourselves, but I did have the luck of meeting Morgrimm Renlow from time to time. Most of those occasions of course were after one of my experiments went horribly wrong and blew up half of one of the mine caverns...not 100% my fault of course...if those pesky goblins hadn't distracted me..." Devlin mutters to himself in a "those pesky goblins" kind of way.

Systole

First Post
Boots_150-1.png
Sylla_150-1.png

Boots looks at the halfling and sniffs the concoction dubiously. "It's ... uhhh ... pee-quant. Very pee-quant." When Devlin mentions the grim woman, the darkwolf glances over at an elven woman who is sitting alone in the shadows of the corner, and who has a death's head painted on her face for some reason. Her clothing is an oddly fashionable combination of styles from Goti and deep Landadel, done largely in some sort of black leather, and an elegant black longbow lies on the table nearby. "Ermm ... getting the boss to warm up to you might be kind of ... I mean, today's probably not a good day for that. Probably not tomorrow, either. And the day after that ... well, you know, I'd just think about it for maybe a week or two and then consider your options. Or even more like a month."

Remove ads