[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

GlassEye

Adventurer
Qalabash Baram

[section]
Qalabash immediately pushes away the mug. His face has taken on a decidedly greenish cast but surprisingly, he does not empty his belly, as so many are wont to do when drinking Grog's 'Gud Stuf'.

"Oh, that stuff is truly vile. I know a hag, gods rest her hoary soul in the deep next to that tentacled abomination, that..." <burp> "...Might find it rather pleasant if she weren't fish food, but... Ughh!"

He shakes and pulls his feather jacket tighter around his body. He looks over at Tamarie, looking rather miserable and pathetic (as men do when sick), and considers her words. "Perspective?" He blinks and looks over at the cat then back at Tamarie. "Aii! I hadn't considered Perspective or any of the other sacred geometricles. I thought it just a cat. A particularly pernicious beast who has bombarded me with the evil eye and ill will since I crossed its path. It is making my head pound as we speak!"

It all seems rather too much for the old man to bear right now and he thumps his head down on the table and groans quietly. After a moment he sighs and pushes himself back upright looking around blearily.

(Save: Fort (1d20+6=25))
[/section]

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Qalabash Baram[/size] Human Staff Magus 4
Initiative: +1 Perception: -1

AC: 15 (11 touch; 14 flat-footed) Current: 15
HP: 38 Current: 38
CMB: +6; +8 Trip CMD: 17; 19 vs. Trip Fort: +6 Ref: +4 Will: +3

In Hand: quarterstaff
Conditions: none
Spells Prepared:
  • 2nd level (DC 15): Frigid Touch, Mirror Image
  • 1st level (DC 14): Blade Lash, Grease, Long Arm, Shocking Grasp
  • Orisons: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Root
Special:
Concentration +7
Arcane Pool: 5/5 (+1 enhancement for 1 min.)

[size=+1]The Spotted Beast[/size], cat familiar
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5

AC: 16 (14 touch; 14 flat-footed) Current: 16
HP: 19 Current: 19
CMB: +? CMD: ? Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +5

In Hand: n/a
[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[section]Francis John, III - Self-Proclaimed Prince of All Halflings

E'n begins to spin. Perhaps it doesn't in reality, but it certainly does in the mind of one quite unlucky halfling. Francis' begins to feverishly gag from the awful contents of the good stuff, and wouldn't one know, he vomits all over the counter. After spraying Tamarie's and Qalabash's boots and without further ceremony, he falls back off the stool, and passes out with a feverish sweat on the ale-stained floor of the Dunn Wright Inn.

[/section]

[sblock=MiniStats]
Character Sheet

HP: 21/21

AC: 14 FF:12 T:13
CMB: 1 CMD: 13
Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +3 (+2 Fear)

Initiative: +2
Perception
: +10

Shortsword +3 d4+1
Light Crossbow +4 1d6

Bolts Remaining: 17/20
Adaptable Luck: 3/3

Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Spark
Level 1: Hypnotism, Sleep
[/sblock]

[sblock=Boots, Viper Familiar]
HP: 10/10

Initiative: 3
AC: 17 FF: 14 T:15
CMB: +1 CMD: 8
Fort: +1 Ref: +6 Will: +3

Melee: bite +3 (1d2-2)
Poison: Fort DC 9, 1/round for 6 rounds, 1d2 CON, cure 1 save

Climb: +16,
Perception: +10
Stealth: +20
Swim: +16
Senses: Lowlight Vision, Scent[/sblock]

[sblock=Bacon, War Pig]
HP: 18/18

Initiative: 0

AC:
14 FF: 14 T:10
CMB: +4 CMD: 14
Fort: +6 Ref: +3 Will: +1

Melee
: gore +4 (1d8+4)
Defensive Abilities: ferocity

Speed
: 40 ft. (30 medium, 20 heavy)

Skills: Perception +6

Last edited:

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[section]A Snake of a Different Color

The flourescent colored fang-tooth slithers it's way towards the halfling on the floor. It pauses for a moment, and 'stands' straight up. It utters a most harsh hiss towards the mangy looking cat that also has just entered the Dunn Wright Inn. After a brief pause it continues its journey towards Francis John III, prince of all halflings. It crawls up his pant leg and writhes up his shirt. Coming out of the neck hole, the viper burrows into the bush of the halfling's hair, and finally comes to rest.

[/section]

[sblock=MiniStats]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Qalabash Baram

[section]
Qalabash winces and shies away from the aromatic coatings distributed all over his boots by one very ill halfling. He makes use of prestidigitation to scent the air and begin cleaning his boots, the table, and anything else that might have come in contact with Francis, the liquor, or the unpleasant result of the combination of the two.

The appearance of the brightly colored snake takes Qalabash off guard and he freezes in place but then slowly moves back. The cat hisses at the dangerous creature from a safe distance and Qalabash, startled, looks up and locks eyes with the beast. It would seem that magus and cat share similar feelings for reptiles. Quietly he whispers to Tamarie.

"Did my eyes just see what I think I saw? Or am I seeing figments generated by some ill spirit?" Qalabash giggles at his own pun.
[/section]

Spells Prepared:
Special:
Concentration +7

[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer

After about a half hour lying on the floor letting an inordinate amount drool slip from his mouth, Francis finally regains consciousness. He stares around blurry-eyed, wondering what the devil happened. He dutifully climbs atop the barstool once more. A quick turn of the head reveals he is still in fact sitting next to Qalabash and Tamarie in the might Dunn Wright Inn. He pushes the unfinished mug of good stuff away, and forces himself to nibble on one of the honey smackers that Marla still brought out.

He already had the gob-stopping headache that accompanies a hangover. Francis though best to enjoy the familiar creature comfort of his pipe. Although refusing to speak of the recent atrocity at the bar, Francis finally mellows out to his homegrown Roughy River pipeleaf. But, something wasn't right... something was different. His head felt extra heavy. And he felt something..... MOVE! He reaches his hand as if scratching an itch, and something was there. It writhed... it squirmed... it felt leathery. A SNAKE!

"WHAT IN THE NINE HELLS IS GOING ON HERE!" He grabbed the reptile and slams it on the counter, without care of how big a scene he makes.

Francis looked at the snake. The snake stared back. Nobody smiled.

After what seems like an eternity, Francis had come to peace with the fact that there is a snake on the counter that was seemingly taking a nap in his hair. "Right then." Francis extended his arm to the snake, and it wrapped right around his stubby limb. The halfling mutters something to the snake along the lines of, 'just don't forget about the penalty.' It slithered right up his arm back into his hair. He declares to no one in particular, "If anyone has a problem with Boots, they have a problem with me. Got it?" Francis resumes his meal, as if nothing over the last hour or so had happened.
[/section]

[sblock=MiniStats]
Character Sheet

Perception

Shortsword +3 d4+1
Light Crossbow +4 1d6

[/sblock]

[sblock=Bacon, War Pig]

AC:

Melee

Speed

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
Suddenly backing away from the table as Francis loses containment, Tamarie follows Qalabash's lead and uses her music to clean the effected surfaces, from her boots on up. "You'd think he'd be unable to throw up so much," She observes. She looks at Qalabash, who seems to be hanging in there, but inches away from him. It is not until the snake makes itself known more obviously that she takes several large steps away from the table. Casting a glance over at the cat, then the snake, her lips crook in a half smile. "Well, the snake seems unaggressive. How about this little spotted beast?"

GlassEye

Adventurer
Qalabash Baram

[section]
Qalabash looks at the cat with a baffled expression on his face. The cat returns his look with one of feline smugness.

"We seem to have come to an understanding of sorts," he says in response to Tamarie's question. Clearly Qalabash isn't certain just what sort of agreement. In order to distract himself from thinking of things he won't be able to decipher (after all, what human can discern the mind of a cat?) he frowns over at Francis John no. III. "You choose to adorn yourself with a Viper Crown that's your business; just keep him to yourself, please."
[/section]

Spells Prepared:
Special:
Concentration +7

[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer

Although to the outside world it only looked like ten seconds or so, eons had passed when Francis' eyes locked with the viper. The snake revealed unimaginable portents of power. Francis had been overwhelmed with a new-self image. His eyes glowed fluorescent green as the snakes did; his tongue grew long and black and flickered like the viper. He could feel a new powerful energy coursing threw his veins. Only one thought had occurred to him. I must certainly keep this new business to myself!

Francis let a few moments go by before responding to Qalabash. "Viper crown? Heavens no! What ever are you speaking of?" He flashes a grin of pure evil, most certainly betrayed by what one could swear was a green flicker crosses his eyes. That, and the fact that they saw the snake climb in his hair.
[/section]

[sblock=Bluff 21]Bluff Qalabash, Grog, Tamarie, Marla, whoever else is there +2 adaptable luck: 1D20+19 = [2]+19 = 21
[/sblock]

[sblock=MiniStats]
Character Sheet

Perception

Shortsword +3 d4+1
Light Crossbow +4 1d6

[/sblock]

[sblock=Bacon, War Pig]

AC:

Melee

Speed

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
Amber eyes look at Francis, then at the snake, then back to Francis. "It's gonna be a while until he's got his senses back, apparently," is all she says about the snake-on-head issue. Sighing quietly, she turns back to Qalabash as the little spotted beast continues to watch him. Wordlessly, she shifts off to the side, not getting any closer, but viewing the feline from another direction.

After some examination, she slides back over to Qalabash and whispers in his ear, "Are you sure he's not just a curious alleycat?"

GlassEye

Adventurer
Qalabash Baram

[section]
"Suit yourself," says Qalabash to Francis John III. He nods in agreement to Tamarie's assessment of Francis' mental state and watches her shift about. He's rather baffled by her movement until he realizes she's sizing up the cat.

"He certainly is a curious alleycat but he's something more, as well. I can feel him scratching around in my head. Rather disconcerting as I've never had an animal in my mind before and I don't consider my grey matter to be scratching post material. Ahhh! He didn't much like that. So he's something more than just an animal..."

Qalabash falls silent and considers the cat a moment. "This arrangement is interesting... I hear wizards's do this sort of thing often enough, but they seem to have the upper hand in the bargain." Qalabash frowns and it is fairly clear he doesn't think he has the upper hand in this relationship. He sighs, shrugs off the dilemma and focuses again on Tamarie.

"So, what's next for you, Tamarie?"
[/section]

Spells Prepared:
Special:
Concentration +7

[/sblock]

Remove ads