[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Sezarious

Explorer
The man answers Maenor, Heck, at this point the locals would be willing to pay for even a mercenary platoon to come out and protect the farms and rescue the rumored captured survivors of these recent raids."

The young elf Regar entered the inn cautiously. He was short in stature for an elf, so along with his appearance as about a 14 year old if he were human, he didn't look that dangerous. He looks around at the other patrons, trying not to make eye contact with the burly ones, not wanting to start a confrontation that ended in acid being sprayed in anyone's faces.

You see, Regar was a Wizard, though, not a very charming one. He was always saying the wrong thing or biting off more than he could chew because of his youth and his upbringing in a sheltered environment. Naturally, as he passed the man at the bar, hearing the mention of payed work, he walked up and, leaning back against the counter, cocked his wizards hat (Yes, that's right, he has a wizards hat... He thinks it makes him look cool) and spoke before his brain could stop him; "Maybe it might help if some of those mercenaries were magic users, huh buddy". He crossed his sleeves, his oversized hat flopping down in front of his face before he quickly readjusted it.

[sblock=Deception][roll0][/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kepli Stormborn, shaman, & Scuttle

[section]
The door to the Dunn Wright Inn swings open and a seagull flies in. It swoops across the common room to land on a table with a faded, red, palmprint on the center table-top. It pecks at the red mark and then raises up its head and screams in apparent annoyance.

The bird is followed at a slower, grounded pace by an exotic beauty who apologizes profusely to all for any disturbance her bird may have caused. She scoops it up off the table and tucks it under her arm. "Not that one; it has a wrongness to it." She smiles and nods at the woman with the fiery companion; it is a humble recognition of one whose presence, greater than her own, draws the attention of everyone in the room. And since there is such a crowd that there are few seats left the girl with the birds sits at the other woman's table.

"I am Kepli Stormborn. You are blessed to have won the alliance of a spirit of fire."
[/section]

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Kepli[/size] Aasimar Shaman 2
Initiative: +1 Perception: +11 (+13 w/ Alertness); Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 13 (11 touch; 12 flat-footed)
HP: 20 Current: 20
CMB: +2 CMD: 13 Fort: +1 Ref: +1 Will: +6

In Hand: shortspear
Conditions: None yet
Spells Prepared:
  • 1st level (DC 14): Cure Light Wounds, Sleep, Cure Light Wounds
  • Orisons: Daze, Detect Magic, Guidance, Virtue
Special:
Concentration +7
Spirit Magic: Charm Animal 1/1
Stormburst: 6/6 (target treats foes as if they have concealment, 20% miss, for 1 round)
Fury Hex: 1/target (+2 morale to attack, +2 resistance to save vs fear; 3 rounds)
--Used:
Alchemist's Fire 2/2
sling (9/10 bullets)

[size=+1]Scuttle[/size] Seagull Spirit Animal
Initiative: +2 Perception: +10

AC: 15 (14 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 10 Current: 10
CMB: +1 CMD: 7 Fort: +1 Ref: +4 Will: +5

In Beak: Nothing
Special:
Speed: 10 ft; fly 40 ft
Melee: Bite +5 (1d3-4); 0 ft reach
Improved Evasion

[/sblock]

MerryMortician

Explorer
Caius Aurelius, Soldier of Amenthia

Caius watched the encounter between the ambitious dwarf and the superior woman end quickly and without incident. He had only just turned back to the bar, thinking to ask the grizzled old half-orc behind it for any recent news, when the tavern door flew open once more. The refugee man's story did not immediately interest Caius. After all, he was but one man and could not wage a war alone.

Now the Dunn Wright Inn is filling rapidly and the common room buzzes with energy. So many mercenaries and would-be heroes gathered in one place--it is a sight unlike any he has witnessed in all his years. Exotic animals and extra-planar companions seem not to be noteworthy in this place. His cousin Milo had not done the place justice in his description. This hub of under-the-table business is quickly realizing its reputation.

A couple of other patrons ask the grimy man to Caius's left to expand on his tale. It is one of a hold in shambles, facing imminent destruction. A baronet with an incurable malady, the lowest rung of nobility playing at politics, and monsters ravaging the countryside. Something about the ambiance resonates with Caius. So many years he had drifted without purpose. Could this be the sign he has been waiting for?

The paladin turns and addresses the refugee as if he's been part of the conversation all along. "The Grand Healer sees your people's plight. I believe she is moved and deliberately placed me in your path." Holding the man's gaze, Caius reaches sideways and holds one finger up over his empty wine glass to order a refill. "If you'll draw me a map," Caius continues. He points to the man with the hawkish nose and the boy with the hat, "I'll speak with those men and see about mobilizing a small force to march on Wildsgate. How far is it? And how long ago did Baronet Kaldal take ill? Might be some clerics here in Venza who recognize the symptoms."

[sblock=Caius's Mini Stats]Caius Aurelius
HP: 11/11
AC: 16 FF: 15 T: 11
CMB: +4 CMD: 15
Fort: +3 Reflex: +1 Will: +2
Resistances: Acid (5), Cold (5), Electricity (5)
Perception: +7 S. Motive: +4
Initiative: +1
Conditions in Effect: ---
Weapon in Hand: ---
Daylight (Sp): 1/1 remaining
Smite: 1/1 remaining
Consumables: ---
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
With growing interest, the dark-haried mixed breed sits on her table, ears perking as conversations surround her. Of particular interest is the story of the would-be employer and his story of a keep in a remote area in trouble. Her head turns slowly as each of the prospects makes themselves known. Upon hearing the wizard try to get notice, she cracks a sly, lupine smile defined by a pair of rather sharp looking incisors. "Oversize hats aside, magic has a way of... how shall we say... swaying a battle." However, the woman makes no effort to introduce herself or offer her services, merely nodding to the young wizard, instead.

[sblock=+2 to Regar's Bluff]Assist bluff roll, take 10, +8 modifier = 18. Successfully grants assist.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kepli Stormborn, shaman, & Scuttle, seagull

[section]
Kepli perks up when she hears the unconventional Whitecloak, no, devotee of Amenthia, speak of an ill nobleman. Not that there aren't plenty of men, common and noble alike, in Venza that need healing but the name 'Wildsgate' immediately stirs something within her, some desire to see something beyond the floating shacks that make up her home.

She stands before the woman with the fiery ally can respond to her attempt at conversation. Raising her voice she speaks to catch the attention of the scythe-carrying man and the common man he is addressing.

"I have some small skill in healing and would go with you if you seek to aid this Baronet Kaldal. My name is Kepli Stormborn."

The bird within her hands struggles and snaps at her fingers but she ignores it.

[sblock=OOC]Taking 10 to recognize the symbol of Amenthia.[/sblock]
[/section][sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Kepli[/size] Aasimar Shaman 2
Initiative: +1 Perception: +11 (+13 w/ Alertness); Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 13 (11 touch; 12 flat-footed)
HP: 20 Current: 20
CMB: +2 CMD: 13 Fort: +1 Ref: +1 Will: +6

In Hand: shortspear
Spells Prepared:
  • 1st level (DC 14): Cure Light Wounds, Sleep, Cure Light Wounds
  • Orisons: Daze, Detect Magic, Guidance, Virtue
Special:
Concentration +7
Spirit Magic: Charm Animal 1/1
Stormburst: 6/6 (target treats foes as if they have concealment, 20% miss, for 1 round)
Fury Hex: 1/target (+2 morale to attack, +2 resistance to save vs fear; 3 rounds)
--Used:
Alchemist's Fire 2/2
sling (9/10 bullets)

[size=+1]Scuttle[/size] Seagull Spirit Animal
Initiative: +2 Perception: +10

AC: 15 (14 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 10 Current: 10
CMB: +1 CMD: 7 Fort: +1 Ref: +4 Will: +5

In Beak: Nothing
Special:
Speed: 10 ft; fly 40 ft
Melee: Bite +5 (1d3-4); 0 ft reach
Improved Evasion

[/sblock]

Sezarious

Explorer
"Oversize hats aside, magic has a way of... how shall we say... swaying a battle."

"Ghhhhaaaaaah!" Regar gasped at the woman, his arms hanging by his sides, his eyes and mouth opened wide, not at all for the rows of teeth she had displayed, he was often rather clueless about such details. He had taken the insult about his hat personally.

"Oversized?" he whispered in horror. "My hat, is not, oversized, I'll have you know that in a 1 to three ratio it is perfectly proportioned to ph-" He stopped his rant early, looking back at the man he had just started a conversation before "Focus Regar! Focus. Don't start one thing before you've finished another.". He smiles at the man, leaning casually on the counter, " Eh-heh, er, but enough about me, tell me about you! "

Last edited:

Radaceus

Adventurer
Snorri Ironaxe, Stonelord

Snorri.jpgThe door swings open, a stout figure of a dwarf begins to enter, appears thoughtful, 'must mind our manners' emerged a cracked voice, then backs up and slakes the mud off his boots on the step. Snorri Ironaxe was used to doing mostly as he pleased, as it were his ken to do the right thing always. Right being the key word.

Gruffly announcing "blasted topside weather!"
he hrmphed upon realization that his entry was particularly unnoticed, and proceeded toward the bar, 'Cannae have an Ale please, tender, and ave ya leads on any employemen....' his voice trailing off, taken aback by the realization of a Half-Orc in the establishment. Recovering, he regains his posture, and asks with his friendliest tone 'ya aint from around here I reckon?'

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
Brog Strongheat, dwarven ranger

Brog smiles broadly as he sees another dwarf enter the room. "Ah, tis good to see a fellow dwarf helping to rid the world of evil. I myself am particularly concerned abou giants. What flavor of evil do you seek to destroy?"

Radaceus

Adventurer
Snorri Ironaxe, Stonelord

'ther be more an one flavor?' Snorri eyes the fellow dwarf suspiciously, holds his stare for an uncomfortable moment, then winks, 'tender, get 'im a pint to,' said with tilt toward the bartenders direction, and a nod back at Brog, his eyes never leaving, fully taking in this other dwarfs countenance.

Last edited:

Remove ads