[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Shayuri

First Post
A young woman with a face as innocently beautiful as a princess from a bard's tale, framed in honey-gold locks of hair, enters the inn clad in a simple garment that looks like a white, finespun cassock belonging to a monk or priest. Izzik and Ausk immediately recognize Maia, who had come to join them on their quest in the belfry.

She spies them as well, and waves happily at them as she makes her way through the crowd to stand behind where they sit.

"My friends!" Maia says, as if she hadn't seen them for years, "Hello! I would have thought you'd want to sleep or eat!"

Noticing the man sharing their table, she gives him a radiant smile and adds, "I am Maia. I'm a friend of Izzik and Ausk. Are you one too?"

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"It was the only way to make you stop. And the crowds were mostly impressionable nitwit country girls, too busy swooning to see you have all the comedic talent of a dead toad."

*snort!* "May he join opera here in Venza, Ja?"

"Hey I am funny. Here, ah, okay got it. An elf, a human, and a dwarf walk into a bar after a hard days adventuring, they each order an ale, but a fly lands in each ones mug. So the elf pushes his mug aside in disdain, the human pick the fly out and gets to drinking, the dwarf picks the fly up by its wing, holds it over his mug and roars, "Spit it all out you little basterd!"" Izzik says grinning hopefully and waggling his eyebrows.

"Anyway, I normally go with anecdotes. I was seeing this Duchess - not that often because mostly the lights were out - but I digress. And we arrange to meet under the light of the full moon in the stables, with their handy hay loft. So I am waiting in the stable, and someone comes in, and says, "Oh you are trembling." And I'm not, but you know you play along, I am all for a bit of role play, and I recognize the Duchess's voice... And then I hear a squeak, followed by, "Oh my you smell of horses how delightfully earthy!" And so I sniff myself by way on inquiry - and of course I don't smell of horses I am a fastidious fellow - and then I here smooching. So I snuck out and let the stable boy have the time of his life, and the next day she bought me a horse! Although she also bought me a Slow potion, which I gave to the stableboy..."

Aressa gives a disgusted snorts, pointedly ignoring Alfred's paw in her hair.

"You being a Duchess's Mistress is not funny. Its... Gross."

"Its pretty funny. Come on, its pretty funny."

"I am still vaitink fur zee punch line on zee bar joke."

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
OOC: Since the Dunn Wright Inn's time frame is rather nebulous by necessity I am assuming it is the day and that we have already divided loot and had time to shops, etc. It certainly is not after midnight in the current time frame.

Izzik waves to Maia as she enters, "Hey Maia, not a friend - yet at least - a potential employer. Ausk and me are looking for adventure again." He gently steers Maia away from the table and whispers, "Don't know if you are looking for more work, but this fellow is looking for experienced adventurers so you might not want to be yourself. The whole wide eyed thing is great and all, but might not stand you in good stead here... Just a bit of advice."

Scott DeWar

Heinrich is midway in taking a dring from his mug when .. .. .. ..

A young woman with a face as innocently beautiful as a princess from a bard's tale, framed in honey-gold locks of hair, enters the inn clad in a simple garment that looks like a white, finespun cassock belonging to a monk or priest. Izzik and Ausk immediately recognize Maia, who had come to join them on their quest in the belfry.

She spies them as well, and waves happily at them as she makes her way through the crowd to stand behind where they sit.

"My friends!" Maia says, as if she hadn't seen them for years, "Hello! I would have thought you'd want to sleep or eat!"

Noticing the man sharing their table, she gives him a radiant smile and adds, "I am Maia. I'm a friend of Izzik and Ausk. Are you one too?"

"Huh? Am I von too vhat, huh?" He continues to stare at her.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
OOC: Slightly Earlier

Izzik looks over to Heinrich, "The dwarf wants then fly to spit out the beer it "drank", because he really loves beer... Jokes die when you have to explain them you know... Its tough being a joke you either die or get got." He winks, telling bad jokes and poisonous puns being practically prayer for a Penkian.

Shayuri

First Post
"A friend of theirs..." Maia starts to answer Heinrich, but is taken aside by Izzik. She listens to his explanation and gives him a confused frown.

"I am not sure I understand what the shape of my eyes has to do with it. Should I squint more?"

She narrows her eyes in an expression that is a vaguely passable impression of the more experienced Izzik or sullen Ausk, but manages to be much more adorably cute, like a little girl imitating a 'mean face' with no real grasp of what meanness is. She can't hold it for long in any case and dissolves into giggles.

"It's kind of hard to see like that though."

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Izzik grins holding up his hands defensively, "I know when I am beat. Hey look at my new muscles Maia! You see I bought these magic cords and now I can carry much more, plus they make me look even better!"

He waves an admonishing finger, "Remember don't fall in love with me - I have a lot of problems with that. Why I think Ausk is already smitten beyond all aide..."

"She has a staff right there, why doesn't she hit him?" Aressa asks plaintively.

sunshadow21

Explorer
"Greetings, little one, how was your shopping experience? I hope you didn't the same trouble you did earlier here. Come on, Alf; you've determined she's real, you can leave her alone now." Ausk gently picks up his pet and puts him back in his pouch for a nap. "As for Miss Maia looking not experienced enough, if our potential employer is unable to look past appearances, he will likely miss many qualified candidates. There are many people in this world that are not what they seem to be."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] I will be sending in an NPC as soon as possible, but consider a spot saved for you Animal, :). Anyone else interested should maybe RP with your character till then (kind of get a click going).

Also perrinmiller you may want to think about adding Maia to the group. Shayuri's character would also lvl up after the first encounter/time XP and would bring some healing to your game. [/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Laughing at the attempt to look mean, Heinrich stands and sts dosn his ale. He offers his hand in greeting to Maia and says, I am Heinrich Scriberson of landonel baronines.A leasure to meet your aquaintenace",

"She has a staff right there, why doesn't she hit him?" Aressa asks plaintively.
and to arrisa he says, "Maybe he stop tryink to tell joke?"

Remove ads