[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

galahad0430

First Post
"ah, excellent, good sir. You fit the bill nicely." Frederick exclaims at Chaucer's introduction. " Then you are acquainted with these others?"

[sblock=ooc] Sangre del Sol is a rather notorious pirate town on the coast of the Inner Sea. It is just outside the boundaries of Heth and is known to be a very rough place.[/sblock]

maquise

First Post
"Getting supplies to a group of researchers besieged by bandits? I'll go. I'm familiar with the diplomatic arts, and I'm skilled with a blade."

OOC: Feel like an idiot. Just realized I took Combat Reflexes with a dext of 0, making it useless.

galahad0430

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Ok, so far I have the following:

Raynucio - Fighter 1
Mandalo - Paladin 1
Aradra - Ranger 2
Kalinin - Barbarian 1
Chaucer - Bard 2

This is a little on the light side, but I can work it with some tweaking if we get one more level 2 or 3 character. A devoted arcane or divine caster would probably be best.[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Lem, the quite inexperienced but talented cook, continues to read through the menu as he decides upon which tasty morsel to try first. He listens in to some of the conversations, surprised but intriqued by the possibility of travelling with such odd companions in pursuit of adventure.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
At the word warrior poet Raynucio snorts in disgust, shaking his heads as he works his wetstone.

"So we have the Ice Queen, Mandalo Tablebane, the Warrior Poet, the archer and me. I judge that sufficient let us get on with this." He sneers impatiently. "We have enough blades, an archer, the poet for talking, surely we can simply pick up a curative wand and be done with it."

OOC: Sorry! 7 charisma.

[sblock=Tweaking]Ah, please don't tweak I really want a tough adventure. Everyone is signing up here with this advertised as a 2nd level adventure so I am guessing the same generally applies.[/sblock]

udalrich

First Post
Syldar walks in, about to show off her new bow, when she notices everyone standing around the new man. "Greetings, kind sir. What are you doing to draw everyone's attention?" she asks with a curtsy.

After hearing about the planned trip, she smiles. "I'm always willing to help researchers. They tend to know all sorts of interesting things."

[sblock="OOC"]Archery focused bard 2. I updated the character sheet a few days ago, but it does not look like anyone has reviewed it yet. Can someone look at it before the adventure starts?[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
udalrich: You get an extra known level 0 and level 1 spell at level 2.

Aradra remains quiet, only nodding his head when Chaurcer mentions his name. He turns to look at each person introducing himself. Finally, at Ray's outburst he smiled.

This...Reynold? Raynock... Ray it is! He thinks mighty highly of himself. Bet I could beat him.

Aradra looks around the room, trying to guess everyone else's names now that Ray said more of them. Seeing at last another elf enter the room, this one sporting equally as much gear as Chaurcer, Aradra smiles and turns to Frederick. "Would this person work as a 6th? We now have some casting, and alot of potential combative types. It also seems we have a lot of talkative people in the group as well." Aradra then looks at the new arrival, Chaucer, and his eyes scan over Ray before returning to Frederick.

EDIT: @AFg, it being for a 2-3 level group is the only scary part. Do we even have any level 3's?

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=Tweaking]I'm a little concerned - GlassEye (whose opinion I trust) judges this one tough for a 2nd level party, and recommends a group that will level fairly early to 3rd. IIRC, this is based off a Season 2 PFS scenario, which Satin Knights (who's opinion I've come to trust as well) has said are killers.

I like a tough adventure, and adventurers risk death every day. But I dislike the thought of near certain death. So tweak if you need to, but don't make it too easy. :D[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=galahad0430] Adding udalrich's character and maybe putting in one random encounter. A CR 4 and about a month of play will get all three 1st lvl characters (currently a little over 700XP) about 200 from 2nd lvl before the adventure truly starts.

They have a long trip ahead of them correct?[/sblock]

maquise

First Post
OOC: I have to work the next couple of days, so I don't know if I'll be able to post. If you don't hear from me, that's why. I'm more than a little nervous about the difficulty, but am still interested.

Remove ads