[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
St. Ulthar's Medallion

Devon's ears perk up at the mention of goblins.

"What? Goblins? Foul, evil creatures! I am duty-bound to seek out this infestation and eradicate it."

He looks at Alvise, "If you like, I would help with this problem."

The bleary-eyed half-elf looks up from the collection of cups in front of him. He grins. "Only problem I have right now is a lack of drink. Well, that and a lack of coin. Just have this old medallion remaining, and that hussy won't take it for payment."

Alvise slaps his hand on the table. When he withdraws his hand, a small, time-worn circle of silver sits on the wood.

"That look like something you'd be interested in?" Alvise says.

[sblock=For Devon]If Devon examines the medallion, toss me some appropriate skill checks, especially various Knowledges. Also, to keep my gray-haired head from getting confused, could you title your posts "St. Ulthar's Medallion"? :)[/sblock]

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
St. Ulthar's Medallion

"Ah, it looks like some sort of holy symbol perhaps."

"Could be," Alvise says. "So, what say you? Does it look worth the price of a drink or two to you?"

[sblock=For Devon]Indeed, it does seem to be some sort of holy symbol. Devon can make out the faintly stamped image of man holding a lantern aloft while standing in the prow of a boat. On the reverse is a date, showing the medallion is decades old.

Devon recognizes the figure. It depicts Saint Ulthar, a heroic mariner who braved crashing waves and high winds to rescue several fishermen who were caught by a sudden squall. Most of the fishermen survived. Ulthar was lost at sea when he ventured back into the teeth of the storm to find a fisherman who'd fallen overboard during the initial rescue. Neither Ulthar nor this lost fisherman were ever seen again. Legend has it that grateful fisherfolk buried Ulthar in a hillock barrow in the bog.[/sblock]

galahad0430

First Post
St. Ulthar's Medallion

"Yes, I would like the medallion. It is of St. Ulthar a particularly noble Saint. Please, have a drink and a meal by my expense." Devon reponds quickly.

[sblock=ooc]just let me know how much to deduct.[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
St. Ulther's Medallion

OOC: If you need Quillian, I can have him come along, but since you already have a cleric, I may hold Quillian off in order to give as many groups as possible a shot at a cleric. Galahad needs to be the first cleric taken, and I'm not in a hurry.

Last edited:

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
St. Ulthar's Medallion

"Yes, I would like the medallion. It is of St. Ulthar a particularly noble Saint. Please, have a drink and a meal by my expense." Devon reponds quickly.

"Saint Ulthar, huh? Haven't heard that name in a long time," Alvise says, smacking his lips at the thought of free food and drink. "I wonder if that means those goblins have broke into one of Ulthar's mounds. His faithful, although not too numerous nowadays, used the Iparoc Mounds for important burials quite a time ago."

[sblock=For Devon]Let's call the meal and drink between 2 sp and 5 sp, depending on how generous Devon feels like being.[/sblock]

OOC: If you need Quillian, I can have him come along, but since you already have a cleric, I may hold Quillian off in order to give as many groups as possible a shot at a cleric. Galahad needs to be the first cleric taken, and I'm not in a hurry.

OOC: I may hop in, so long as being close to level 2 isn't an issue.

OOC: Neither party make-up nor closeness to level 2 are issues for me.

galahad0430

First Post
Devon calls the server over and hands her 5 sp.

"Some food and drink for my companion please."

Turning back o Alvise, he says, "So, tell me more about how you came across this."

Mahorfeus

First Post
Bozzago, Acrobat 1

The tengu rogue had spotted the distressed half-elf's entry earlier, but had not given it much thought. However, Devon's suddenly exclaimed hatred of goblins caught Bozzago's attention, prompting him to discreetly attempt to eavesdrop on their conversation. Perhaps it was a bad habit left over from his days as a crook, or maybe it was just the innate curiosity that tengu were notorious for.

For the time being, Bozzago would continue to listen, his interest piqued by the mention of goblins. Perhaps this was another unfortunate soul he could lend his assistance to.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
St. Ulthar's Medallion

Devon calls the server over and hands her 5 sp.

"Some food and drink for my companion please." Turning back o Alvise, he says, "So, tell me more about how you came across this."

"Of course, of course," Alvise says. "Have a seat, and hear my tale."

The half-elf tells a tale of taking the medallion from a goblin after a violent encounter in the bogs. Alvise thought the medallion would bring him good luck, but since acquiring it, he's barely been meeting his frog quotas.

"I've a feeling there's more of those gobbos lurking in the Mounds. They're like rats. Never just one to worry about."

Remove ads