Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

EvolutionKB

First Post
A deva walks into the tavern, he wears the majestic hide of a griffon. Golden colored metallic wings rise from his shoulders, mimicing the feathered appearance of creature that was now his armor. His face and body is dark except for white stripes that pattern parts of his body. A perfectly straight staff of redwood is held in his hand. Walking to an empty table, he leans the staff against it. "I am Montroya, Apoli's servant. Mead please," he says gesturing towards the bar.

Erekose13

Explorer
Beyrk shakes Harv's and Alex's hands as he's introduced and offers the same greeting to Girth when he arrives. Looking down at the little goblin at his feet, Beyrk bends his knees to address the little guy down at his level, "You one of Quagmire's friends too? I'm Mutt but the way." He has to adjust his weight a little given the awkward position and nearly topples over.

CaBaNa

First Post
Sauntering over toward the little book 7-Rabbit seems to be reading from, Veruzak peers over it. Unable to read the book for the Magari writing, he shrugs, produces from the long ashen robes he wears a spellbook. Flipping it open, the Eladrin feels the pulse as his arcane tattoo's begin to pick up the faint glow of ritual work. EM A REEB! Com Pren Hen Shun
[sblock=Magari]
I think I see the problem you're having, begins Veruzak in Magari, see here, You're casting as if, The Eladrin reads the words from 7-Rabbits book, As if death is already a major constellation? This would work in my homeland... Laying the spell book flat on the bar, comparing the two side by side, Hmm... Anyway, you'll have to change the characters to match the lands you're in. It gets more complicated if you switch planes. The shadows lean in and begin peering over Veruzak's shoulder. This language feels odd in my mouth, it is, thick. I see how you have come to your accent Matlal.

[/sblock]
Montroya, Apoli's servant, the Shadows over the tall wizard begin shifting along his colorless robe. My people don't mind Apoli, his light separates darkness from shadow. Such as that mead will separate you from you money! Ha HA HA The shadows run behind Veruzak and huddle away from the bright light of Apoli.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
"You one of Quagmire's friends too? I'm Mutt but the way." He has to adjust his weight a little given the awkward position and nearly topples over.
Quag the hob? Dang't never met before. Good luck charm of Bloody Wake! And Quag now on Wake crew. So Dang't 1/30th Quag's charm!

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Matlal looks over the dwarf, taking note of any particular markings of symbols he might be wearing. He nods courteously.

As advertised, the dwarf's armour bears the markings of Choca Paquiliz, the Kingdom of Glad Weeping, and he bears the ceremonial mask and calculation-rod of a priest-astronomer.

[sblock=Magari]It's good to speak the mother tongue outside of singing to myself. By Magari naming I'm 17 Net. How fares the Kingdom of Glad Weeping? My path never took me directly into your lands. I became unpopular with my chief in Atetlantli and was ready to see something outside the jungle; necessity drove leaving, curiosity puts me in Daunton.[/sblock]

[sblock=Magari]
17 Net? How odd - we don't have a day called Net! I suppose your tribe must use a different calendar. Or at least different names for the days. Do you know, these people don't use name days at all? Their names are all completely arbitrary as far as I can tell. Makes it very hard to cast their horoscopes - I keep having to ask tedious questions that nobody wants to answer!

Hmm, I guess "Net" might be a variation of "Grass" or "Reed". Does your birthday come right after Monkey or right before Jaguar?
[/sblock]

Sauntering over toward the little book 7-Rabbit seems to be reading from, Veruzak peers over it. Unable to read the book for the Magari writing, he shrugs, produces from the long ashen robes he wears a spellbook. Flipping it open, the Eladrin feels the pulse as his arcane tattoo's begin to pick up the faint glow of ritual work. EM A REEB! Com Pren Hen Shun

[sblock=OOC]
Actually, the book is in Allarian - 7 Rabbit's trying to learn the local spellcasting, so he's studying local texts.
[/sblock]

7 Rabbit is distracted as the new mage approaches. "Excuse me, I was reading that!" He stops his objection and watches in fascination as the other mage's spell takes effect. "You mean the constellation names have a meaning, and not just their configurations? Oh, of course! Those wizards from the Isle of O said that names were the key to magic, that's why they hide theirs. I never realized that would apply to the stars as well. Aren't their essences too powerful to be constrained by a name? Or does magic here simply ignore the essence and work purely by manipulating symbols? But that would mean..." He trails off and bends over his book again, shushing anyone who interrupts.

(One thing his studying has accomplished - his Allarian's gotten much better!)

Ecce

First Post
As advertised, the dwarf's armour bears the markings of Choca Paquiliz, the Kingdom of Glad Weeping, and he bears the ceremonial mask and calculation-rod of a priest-astronomer.

[sblock=Magari]
17 Net? How odd - we don't have a day called Net! I suppose your tribe must use a different calendar. Or at least different names for the days. Do you know, these people don't use name days at all? Their names are all completely arbitrary as far as I can tell. Makes it very hard to cast their horoscopes - I keep having to ask tedious questions that nobody wants to answer!

Hmm, I guess "Net" might be a variation of "Grass" or "Reed". Does your birthday come right after Monkey or right before Jaguar?
[/sblock]

[sblock=Magari]Right before Jaguar and after Grass. living on the water puts certain things at the cultural forefront I suppose. We've cut down most of the reeds and replaced them with nets, regardless. My people's customs owe much to yours, but the lack of regular communication makes some divergance expected.[/sblock]

Matlal sits back and and observes the two spellcasters with vague amusement as they fuss their over arcane contrivances. He politely returns to Allarian for the sake of everyone else.

"Wha'sorta ritual ja tryin' ta figure out, any'ow?"

[sblock=ooc]At some point the human calendar system has mutated and the 13/20 naming system was reversed. By 7 Rabbit's system he's actually 13 Motion (perhaps a more appropriate name, he's a fast boy).

Also, politely disregarding Cabana's comments in Magari, since JoeNotCharles was reading Allarian.[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
If you'll excuse me I'm going to visit area's of the city. Exploring would be good, and I may collect my things from the Temple. Veruzak pulls his hood a bit lower and walks out into the sunshine.

Erekose13

Explorer
Quag the hob? Dang't never met before. Good luck charm of Bloody Wake! And Quag now on Wake crew. So Dang't 1/30th Quag's charm!

"Alrighty then..." he says patting the little goblin on the head as he stands back upright. He jerks his hands away from the sparks and bellows out a hearty laugh. "Quite the crew you got Quag, the Bloody Wake is it? Got room for an old fog horn like me?" he says addressing his old friend again. "Wouldn't want ta have ta resort rejoining Canker not after I took a swing at him."

covaithe

Explorer
"Quite the crew you got Quag, the Bloody Wake is it? Got room for an old fog horn like me?" he says addressing his old friend again. "Wouldn't want ta have ta resort rejoining Canker not after I took a swing at him."

"You took a swing at 'im? Ha! Good on ye. Old sod deserved it and more, like as not. Sure, come with us. These lads I run with now, they be good in a fight, but they do get scraped up a bit. I could use a hand keepin' em patched up. Besides, no one would complain if ye took a punch at Cap'n Azrael!" Quagmire slaps Beryk on the back and quaffs the rest of his drink. He shudders, and his skin goes a shade darker, but then he relaxes into a broad grin of delight. A curl of acrid smoke escapes the corners of his mouth. "Ahhh! Bracin'!"

EvolutionKB

First Post
Montroya sits very still in his chair, quietly watching those at the other tables. He sips his mead, and his stomach rumbles, audible to those around him. Without hesitation he speaks to the waitress that comes over to refill his drink. "The flesh of a boar, raw...No, no cook it fully. Sorry I don't know what came over me." The deva lowers his gaze, intense concentration on his face.

Remove ads