Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
I’m looking forward to making my next PC after level 2 and was wondering what class other players and DM’s see as the most lacking in order to complete their parties. It seems that defenders and healers are both needed, anyone have suggestions for which is more needed?

Here's my current count of approved characters by role:

controller 12
striker 27
defender 19
leader 13

There's a few inactive characters in there, but that distribution has held pretty consistently since we started L4W. It's always leaders and controllers that seem to be underrepresented. I'm thinking that might even out a bit when PHB2 comes in. But maybe not; the strikers in PHB2 are awesome.

[/sblock]

Reklaw

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Makes sense, so since my first PC is a wizard I guess my second will be a leader/healer of some sort. Any idea when PHB2 will be approved? Playing a bard would be interesting...[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Reklaw]
mscd.php

Material needs to be in print for 3 months to be considered, by then hopefully WOTC has corrected anything too broken (or at least we know about it, to bar unbalanced PC's)
From DarwinofMind (http://www.enworld.org/forum/4747597-post286.html)
[/sblock]

Reklaw

First Post
[sblock=Renau1g]Thanks for the info, sounds like I'll be making a cleric then... Will have to go through the pantheon and figure out the details, never played a cleric before.[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=Reklaw]Well ... let me just say that if you reach level 2 in two months that will likely be an L4W record ;) I would say the average will be about 5-6 months of active play to gain a level. Maybe 4 months or so if you're in particularly fast/challenging/high XP games. So, y'know, no rush ;)

Also, in my opinion, making a character here is a pretty big investment. If there's a leader in PHB2 that you really want to play, I would recommend waiting for it to be approved to make your second character, even if you have to wait a month or so longer to make the character. That's my plan, anyway ;)[/sblock]

Reklaw

First Post
[sblock=Lord Sessadore]Good point, starting to realize the speed that PBP games run at, not the fault of anyone just a fact of life. Tempted to make another PC to play in LEW...[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
The door to The Hanged Man opens and closes again, and a halfling female, small by even halfling standards, finds her way to the bar. "My name is Carolina, and I'd like an ale please," she says matter-of-fact.

[sblock=OOC]This is my first foray into the Living Worlds, so forgive me if it takes me a minute to catch on.[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
The halfling surveys the other patron of the Hanged Man and notices the empty spot in front of her where her mug of ale should be. "I know I'm easy to miss, but this is a little ridiculous," she mutters quietly to herself.

[sblock=OOC]Hopefully I won't get bawled out for double-posting. :angel:[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
A soldier wearing the livery of the town guard walks into the tavern, his features hard an severe, as he looks around at the nearly empty establishment. The man sighs and shakes his head, leaving the bar. As the serving wench brings the halfling the ale, she says to him "Poor guy, there be a rumour that I've heard in the Town Screamer about some sorta with the nobles. He probably came here looking for some adventuring types to help." as she looks around the quiet tavern, adding "I wouldn't mind a few more of you guys in here neither, it's too quiet right now.

[sblock=OOC]
New adventure to be starting once at least one of the others ends, which should be shortly.
http://www.enworld.org/forum/4756593-post12.html
[/sblock]

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
A blast of hot air rolls into the tavern as a large dragonborn opens the door forcefully. His red scales ripple around the edges of his shining plate armor, fading to yellow at the tips. The armor itself is mostly polished metal, but it features red and yellow trim and a sunburst logo on the chest. A shield featuring the same logo is strapped onto his back and a flail hangs from his belt.

"Seems a touch warm out there," he says to no one in particular as he heads to an open table along the wall. As empty as the tavern is now, he seems to have plenty of choice.

Seemingly innately familiar with the custom of this place, he introduces himself by bellowing toward the bar: "I'm Vrrsk't," (this being pronounced as a low growl with a series of clicks on the end; "Vrrsk't" is a decent transliteration for human mouths) "and I'll have the firewater."

Vrrsk't then removes his shield and breastplate, leaning them carefully on the wall as he sits and awaits his drink. He closes his eyes and seems to meditate. Occasionally an idle wisp of smoke trails upward from one of his nostrils.

[sblock=OOC] New here, he's not even approved yet, but I thought I'd start trying to get the hang of it. :) Thanks for the help with sblocks, Ozymandias![/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads