TCotM: Ashna's Idylls

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The last door is indeed the bedroom. It is a splendid and comfortable-looking place of rest, well-furnished with imported silk and decorated with tasteful scupltures and paintings, mostly on the theme of flame and fire. There is also a small desk on which sits a large book.*

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The book appears to be a spellbook, and a magical one at that, as it contains pages upon pages of spells. Though many of the spells inside are more powerful, the presence near the beginning of the Sparkstrike spell sticks out. It seems it has become more popular what with the sale of scrolls at DiSenzio's shop.*

Knight Otu

First Post
Ashna's eyes narrow as she sees her sparkstrike spell in the spellbook. She had only allowed one person to copy it, Tenebrynn, under the condition that he doesn't allow copying of it without her previous approval. (The spell that's sold at Rinaldo's shop is Ashnar's Mark, not Sparkstrike.) She now consciously focuses on the handwriting to see if it familiar to her, and checks if the desk holds any other items of interest.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Ah, well Ashnar's Mark is in the book too ;))

*The handwriting looks like it may be the same as that on the scribbled notes, except neater and written with a calmer, steady hand. Unfortunately, she can't quite place it, though she does notice that the way the formula has been expressed on the pages is identical to the way Ashna herself has expressed it in her own spellbook--not surprising if the spell is only copied by a selected few, though.*

Knight Otu

First Post
Following a sudden thought, Ashna checks if possibly a spell she did not get to research yet, but has clear notes for already, is in the book (basically, any of the approved "Ashnar's" spells). Afterwards she returns to the study. Seeing how little she has written since she has turned into a woman, she takes an empty piece of parchment, and writes any facts she can glean from the Tyndall-Starmzerung flow conundrum on it (without the conclusions the authors draw, but listing somewhat close facts separately to keep them in mind separately), and compares her handwriting to the existing notes.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*She finds the other spells all present, in a slightly different, slightly more flowing hand. On the way back to her study, a fire mephit pops her head into the hallway. On seeing Ashna, she bows.*

"My liege, you were not in your throne room. I am sorry if I am disturbing your contemplation. Do you wish for me to leave and return at a more convenient time?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Well, other than the experimental results of the sentience-imbued lava flow, there was also a magical messenger that delivered you this letter, my liege."

*The mephit hands Ashna a letter which when opened reads the following:*

Letter said:
Dear friend,

Some new informations have come to me related to the Crux. I would like to meet with you as soon as possible. Please, send me an answer for [date of the following day] morning, or meet me at that moment at my first Orussus shop.

~Rinaldo DiSenzio

Remove ads