• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Team Fortress 2! Huzzah!

Jeremy

Explorer
Hehe. Considering TFC was originally called TF2, TF2 is how many years late?

I don't care! It's coming! It's actually going to graduate from vaporware!

Jeremy

Explorer
Yep. Very "Incredibles"ish. So far, I'm loving it though. And really, for a game with so much conc/gren/rocket jumping, it's kinda appropriate. :)

Roudi

First Post
If you go back to TF's Quake origins... well, it never was a game that took itself too seriously. Compared to the TF2 screenshots posted by PC Gamer years ago, when this was supposed to hotly follow the release of the original Half-Life... this is a step in the right direction.

Rocket-jumping ballet almost had me in tears! And the scout with the baseball bat... that was priceless. The seven classes demonstrated in the video look really sweet, very much how I remember them from old-school TF. My favourite class, the Spy, looks friggen AWESOME now. I wonder if the cloak ability replaces the old disguise... I'm certain that it comes with just as many drawbacks as disguise did. Wish we got to see more of the Pyro (you only glimpse him after the Sniper takes out the Heavy Weps) or anything at all of the Medic.

The map design was really interesting. The level in the movie was obviously 2fort, but designed in such a way that it didn't blatantly look like two forts... one base looked like a barn, and the other actually had an open-air portion (both basements, however, looked like secret facilities).

I dig. I only hope I have a system capable of running it!

Last edited:

Jeremy

Explorer
Team Fortress 2 Minimum System Requirements
CPU: 1.2 GHz Processor
RAM: 256 MB
Graphics Card: DirectX 7 capable graphics card
Windows 2000/XP/ME/98
Mouse
Keyboard
Internet Connection
CD or DVD rom drive

Team Fortress 2 Recommended System Requirements
CPU: 2.4 GHz Processor
RAM: 512 MB
Graphics Card: DirectX 9 capable graphics card 256 MB
Windows 2000/XP/ME/98
Mouse
Keyboard
Internet Connection
CD or DVD rom drive

Team Fortress 2 Ideal System Requirements
For running the game smooth in 1280x1024 with High Quality graphics.

CPU: 3.4 GHz Processor
RAM: 1024 MB
Graphics Card: Radeon X800 or Geforce 6800
Windows 2000/XP/ME/98
Mouse
Keyboard
Internet Connection
CD or DVD rom drive

andargor

Rule Lawyer Groupie
Supporter
Here is a better link.

I was unsure of the cartoonish look, since the original concept art (as in, a century ago) was "realistic". But after seeing the teaser, I like it. :)

Remove ads