• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Team-playing Games for XB360?

Odhanan

Adventurer
Could you give me examples of good games for XB360 that you can play in multiplayer with everyone on the same side, i.e. team effort (rather than 'player vs. player' games)? Thanks!

Vocenoctum

First Post
CoOp is becoming more common, but right now only Gears of War and Halo3 spring to mind. Perfect Dark 0 had CoOp also, but I didn't like it, so there ya go.

Of the two, Gears had it more integrated (sometimes you split up), whereas Halo3 treats it like multiplayer (one guy dies, respawns at another guy if the other guy is in a safe place).

Arnwyn

First Post
As what the others have said, here's what I know (and have) that has co-op [no Xbox Live Gold needed]:

- Halo 3
- Gears of War
- Ultimate Alliance
- Perfect Dark Zero

Last edited:

Felon

First Post
Pretty sure Crackdown has co-op modes for both on and offline. Same goes for Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

My problem with those and many other co-op games is that there's not actually a lot of cooperation. With Crackdown in particular friendly fire is a real problem.

If you have a lot of friends, I highly recommend Team Fortress 2 in the Orange Box. It's a brilliant class-based tactical game. Instead of utterly pointless deathmathces--the enduring appeal of which makes lose hope in humanity--you have objective-based goals that actually reward cooperation.

You've got classes that all reward different strategies and skills. If you're a twitch gamer, play a super-fast scout. If you're the sneaky tactician, play a sniper and find a nice high point or sneak behind enemy lines as a spy. If you're the patient planner, play an engineer and set up that auto-turret. If you wanna blow stuff to pieces, you have oh-so-many choices: a demoman's grenade launcher or a solider's bazooka or a heavy gunner's minigun or a pyro's flamethrower--all with their own individual strengths and weaknesses.

The only downside is finding good peaple to play with. If you have Halo deatmatch junkies, then they'll just run around solo trying to get the drop on enemies until they get killed, then respawn and do the same damn thing over again--all the while ignoring the mission objectives. If you have a bratty kid who just wants to mouth off into his mike, you can't do anything about it.

Last edited:

Arnwyn

First Post
Felon said:
Pretty sure Crackdown has co-op modes for both on and offline.
Definitely not offline (well - maybe system link. Not split-screen, in any case).

The only downside is finding good peaple to play with. If you have Halo deatmatch junkies, then they'll just run around by themselves trying to get the drop on enemies until they get killed, then respawn and do the same damn thing over again--all the while ignoring the mission objectives. If you have a bratty kid who just wants to mouth off into his mike, you can't do anything about it.
That's the entirety of Xbox Live, AFAIC.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads