Tell me about using Dungeon Crawl Classics to run "A Hole in the Oak"

not-so-newguy

I'm the Straw Man in your argument
Our group is currently enjoying Goodman Games Isle of Dread 5E conversion, but I'd like to run my first DCC campaign starting in July or August.

I found "A Hole in the Oak" Old School Essentials (OSE) and it seems to fit my needs pretty well; specifically the fact that it's a large dungeon (60 rooms) and has a "fairy tale" flavor to it. This is all based on reading a synopsis, so I may be misunderstanding things.

Anyway, what do you think of this adventure?
OSE seems to be easy enough to convert to DCC even for a 1st timer like me, am I wrong?
Any other adventures that I should look at?

Arilyn

Hero
I ran Hole In The Oak for a DCC group and it worked really well. Great module with lots of interesting and weird situations. Perfect for DCC. It's pretty easy to convert monsters. I did reduce the amount of treasure, since there's a lot of it because of course OSE has gold for xp.

I also really like Gavin's Winter's Daughter and Incandescent Caverns. These adventures also have lots of things for players to interact with and loopy dungeons with different routes to take. And cool factions.

not-so-newguy

Now i'm looking
Since OSE gives you the choice of ascending/descending AC, I'd think it'd be fairly simple to run an OSE adventure using DCC RPG. If you're looking for more adventures with a fairytale vibe, I'd recommend The Queen of Elfland's Son, inspired by Lord Dunsany.

Operation Unfathomable looks like another good one.

not-so-newguy

I ran Hole In The Oak for a DCC group and it worked really well. Great module with lots of interesting and weird situations. Perfect for DCC. It's pretty easy to convert monsters. I did reduce the amount of treasure, since there's a lot of it because of course OSE has gold for xp.

I also really like Gavin's Winter's Daughter and Incandescent Caverns . These adventures also have lots of things for players to interact with and loopy dungeons with different routes to take. And cool factions.

bold mine
I think the actual title is Incandescent Grottoes and it looks like the dungeon links with The Hole in the Oak creating a 115 room dungeon

Remove ads