• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tell me about your favorite non-rules DDI articles!

Jürgen Hubert

First Post
So far, I've put off subscribing to the DDI, but after I have seen at a friend's computer how convenient their character editor is, I am wavering. After all, filling out a character sheet with 4E does take a long time, and it's very nice to have a program that does it all for you.

However, I am not yet completely sold. Personally, I'm not very interested in the rules of a game - I expect them to work and be fun, but I've never really read rules supplements for pleasure. So I am curious about what non-rules material the DDI has to offer.

So tell me a bit about your favorite non-rules DDI articles, and why you liked them, so that I can get a better feel for whether or not the DDI would be worthwhile for me.

Phaezen

Adventurer
Some brief highlights

Demonomicon if Iggwivl, Codex of Betrayal, Court of the Stars, Roll vs Role, Deities & Demigods, Creature Incarnations, Ecology of,

So far all of these have provided a wealth of usefull background and fluff information. Asmor's DDI index provides links to allthe articles so you can see what is available. My personal favourite is Deities & Demigods: Bane which has made me relook at the way I use deities and religion within my campaign really well written article.

WOTC said:
By Ari Marmell

The followers of Bane are numerous, and they pursue the goals of their warlike god with unmatched tenacity. Learn about these dark acolytes of the god of tyranny and war, and see who counts Bane as their master. If your character has ever considered fighting for order above all else, Bane can find a place for you among his ranks, as well.

Called the Black Hand and the Iron General, Bane stands as the god of war and conquest. Bahamut fights for justice, Kord as a show of strength, Gruumsh for love of carnage, but Bane fights with the world as his prize.

Dragon 372: Bane

deadsmurf

First Post
There was a pretty good article on Rules abstraction, and while there were no rules in it, it was about running the rules, and it had some helpful hints. I really liked the "get the players to run the recharge rolls for monsters" and have been using it since.

Remove ads