• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tell me about your local Gaming Conventions.

darjr

I crit!
Do you have a favorite local gaming convention? Have several? I want to hear about them. If they are close enough I might make it to some of them.

There are a few local gaming conventions here that I go to Nuke-Con is probably the oldest, usually held in October they host game days throughout the year as fundraisers. It is the inheritor of OmaCon from years ago that I went to as a kid. A newer con, also an inheritor of OmaCon is OSFes, more of a scifi fan convetion but with a ton of gaming, held in August, I missed this years but I won't next. Then there is one of the newest, PretzCon, it has a huge focus on board gaming but I've run quite a few RPG's there. And the newest, British Fest, where I'll be running British RPG's from Doctor Who to Red Dwarf to Dragon Warriors.

I've probably left out a few, I didn't realized locally that there were so many. Anybody else? I know Morrus is going to Dragon Meet, I wish I could go there.

Imhotepthewise

Explorer
Elliscon Danielson CT

Just attended Elliscon in Danielson CT. The 25th year. Nice small con with many regulars and a great assortment of games to play. Usually in November.

Stormonu

Legend
The one I look forward to every year around here is Coastcon. It hit a peak of 1,200 back in the early 90's, and I would say has a crowd of about 400 or more. Yes, it's very small, but when you have folks like Peter Mayhew and George Takai show up, that means your in a room with about 15-20 other people so you really get to hobnob with the guest stars. This last year, they had the Battletech PODs there; great times. There's a mix of games, panels and whatnot going on

Another small Con in my area is Hubcon. Probably about 100 people total, it's mostly wargames like 40K, fantasy, Fields of Glory and Command Decision.

The really big one close to me is Dragon Con. Now that I've got my finances back in order, I'm hoping to be able to go to it next year.

1d4Con

This past year, I (with the help of my podcast co-hosts and friends) started a local convention in Winchester, VA called 1d4Con. We had 150 people, not including staff, in attendance. We will be holding it again on April 25th-27th in 2014. I don't think I have enough posts to put links in my post, but if you are interested, it can be found at 1d4con.com.

cool, kinda like fear the boot and fear the con.

There used to be a one day con that a friend held for his and his son's Birthday. I wish he'd do that again.

Thanks for linking that for me! Yes, Fear the Con was a big inspiration for wanting to start a convention. That, and unless you go to D.C., Northern Virginia doesn't have many local conventions. My 1d4cast co-hosts were onboard with the idea, but no one expected anything to come of it though. We ended up having ~150 attendees, which means the area needs it or something like it. Can't wait to have it again in 2014 :)

Remove ads