• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tell me what's so good about life

takyris

First Post
Hey, Uz-man,

Random other thoughts, things to do to keep the demons from coming back:

1) Exercise. Dunno if you do it or not, but going and sweating and grunting and getting tired always made me feel better -- and I'm not a jock by any stretch. It can be an hour at the gym or starting up a karate class or something like that, but get those endorphins flowing.

2) Diet. I have no idea what you eat, but start drinking more water and try changing your diet to, say, one step healthier than what you currently eat. Maybe I'm just a tree-hugging dirt-sucking granola-munching hippie, but drinking more water will help get some of the toxins out of your body, and eating healthier food might help as well.

Other than that, do what you can do. Good on you for talking to people.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Something Nice to Do....

Hey, fellows beings of Enworld, I just thought of a beautiful gesture to help our fellow enworlder.

If everyone is cool with it. I propose a photo galllery in the Art Gallery of D20 page, illustrating those who posted in givng the great support that helped strengthen this person who was in dire need.

I know, I know, some of you might be shy, but I think it would be a great present to give.

A suggested title : The Heart Of Enworld: Dedicated to Uzumaki.

Or if not like the title, maybe Morrus can cook up something, like setting up a open folder, with those who posted here, to add a current photo that is not too scary to look at (LOL).

Just a gesture...worth thinking about.

Kai Lord

Hero
Hida Bukkorosu said:
i've felt like this for a long time. the worst parts come and go but sometimes i just start utterly despairing, particularily around this time of year, when it seems like everyone has a significant other and here i am 26 years old and still a virgin...
Hey Hida, just wanted to let you know that your post didn't go unnoticed. I've been praying for you as well. I know being single can be tough, but being in a relationship can be tough too, just as both relationships and singlehood offer different forms of happiness. The important thing isn't to expect another person to "complete" you. That won't ever happen. Only God can do that, and if you let him and He determines that the time is right, he'll introduce you to that special someone made just for you. And trust me, that virginity you're holding onto will be a priceless gift. I wish I had waited to give mine to my future wife. Hang in there.

Hida Bukkorosu said:
the one thing i do think about though, is i at least want to live to see star wars episode 3. to be able to see the whole star wars saga in my life... i suppose that's as good as any to at least go on a couple more years
Well after Episode III there's the DVD's, then Peter Jackson's version of the The Hobbit, and the Chronicles of Narnia...and maybe somewhere the girl of your dreams and kids of your own to show all those movies to on your cheap HDTV. ;) Definitely worth waiting for, don't you think? :cool:

shawnsse

First Post
Uz,

I regretted for not coming to the board earlier as often as I would like to.
Glad to hear that you are okay.

I'm by nature also a person who is prone to depression.
Have tried to commit suicide once because of a girl dear to my heart. I survived.....
No kidding but will never tried that again.

Just remember no matter how low you are in spirit there will also be hope. Nothing is impossible.
Life work likes a Pendulum or a bouncing ball.
What's up come down and what's down go up.

Hang on and take care.

God bless
Shawn

PS.: I like coming to this board. There are many "human beings" here : )
Thank you for being there always to give me hope. :p

Last edited:

Jehosephat

First Post
Uz, glad to see your still around. :D I got worried when I didn't see any more posts, then couldn't find the thread all together. Hang in there. Sounds like you have a cool mom to help you. I am sure many here will be thinking about you in the upcoming months and wishing the best for you, myself included. Remember chin up and hang tough.

Talon5

First Post
Its an amazing thing to speak up and say- "I have a problem."

Hold on to what you have now, try as hard as you can to her only the positive things, and shut out the negitive. I know its hard.

Things worth living for- waiting for that one person, falling in love with a great person, them falling in love with you, great sex, children, family, someone that says- "hi, how are you?" and means it, the sound of the wind, rain drops on your face when you look up during a summer rain, holding the hand of someone you love and not feeling the cold wind blow through you, a good deep breath of fresh air, hearing a child laugh, or a cat purring, there are so many reasons, none of which you know or realize right now.

Its hard to read this and realize- "he's talking to me, and he cares."

Peace, everyone

Lizard

Explorer
Uzumaki said:
Because I've honestly forgotten.

I just want to die. The only time when I don't feel that way is when I'm asleep. I'm so tired; tired of feeling this way, tired of crying, tired of everything. I'm so sorry for my mom, because she's so wonderful and she's got a kid like me, who's always feeling so terrible and guilty over nothing. She doesn't deserve it, but she'd be sad if I died. This is the only thing stopping me right now.

So, for her sake, please tell me why I need to keep waking up every day, because I just don't want to anymore.

Depression is a physical illness, no different than breaking a leg or catching a cold. You can't just will yourself out of those, and you can't will yourself out of depression. Berating yourself because you can't magically cure your mood is like berating yourself because you can't wish a broken leg to heal overnight.

Your brain is an organ like your heart or lungs or kidneys. They get diseases; it gets diseases. Their diseases can often be cured, or at least treated and controlled; so can diseases of the mind.

The worst thing about the disease of depression is that it protects itself by telling you that its hopeless and there's nothing you can do to cure it. It's lying to you. Don't listen to it.

William Ronald

Explorer
Uzumaki,

First, I am glad to hear that you are doing better. There are people dear to me who have struggled with mental illness. A key thing to remember is that there is help, and you are not alone. Seeking professional help, turning towards one's faith, and the support of family and friends can provide some relief.

I have had some hard times, but have found my way through them. The world has many sorrows, but it is also a place with great beauty and goodness.

You are more than your illness. You are a unique person, as are all of us. No one quite like you have has existed before in this universe or will exist again. You are more valuable than you know.

You are in my thoughts and my prayers, Uzumaki. May you find the peace you seek, and more happiness in this world. Hang in there!

Vyper

First Post
A thread about depression ... today of all days ...

Last night in the hospital I had to watch my great-grandmother die. It was the first time that I saw such a thing. The heartbeat getting slower and slower, the desperate last gasps, flatline.

Only hours after this horrible experience, I found out that my girl-friend is about to break up with me.

Now it's Friday, 13th, early in the morning. I have lost two of the most beloved persons in my life and cannot remember when I ever felt so empty and depressed and weak.

But you know what: I will not let this get me down! I lost so much in the last 12 hours, that I can't stop crying, but I know that for every loss there will be a win. I always viewed life as a fight, a challenge. I have gone through bad times before (though I never was hit so hard in such a short time), and everytime, when it was over, I felt stronger than before.

If you're depressed it's (partially, at least) your own fault. Because it's so easy to overlook the good things in life. It's hard to get up again, but it's never impossible. Actually it takes less strength than you think.

I just covered up the photo of my (ex-)girlfriend. She wasn't that good, anyway.

And about my great-grandmom: Well, I'm forcing myself to look at the window of the neighbour house she lived in and from where she always greeted me in the morning when I went to work. Because actually, the house hasn't changed. Few things have changed, to be true. This was the first thing I thought when I woke up (after not much sleep): My life has been shaken, but the world hasn't changed. Nearly all the good things that ever made me happy are still there - plus a lot more that I only haven't discovered yet. My friends are still the same people. It's still the same town, the same street, the same house. Only that one person less is living in it.

Ashwyn

First Post
I'm glad you managed to feel better, Uzumaki. I've suffered with depression, and I know what it can do to people. Keep fighting it.

Last edited:

Remove ads