• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tempest Fighter & Double Axe

neofax

First Post
I would like to know when dealing damage with the double axe is it 1d10 Main Hand + 1d10 Off-Hand or do I need to either take a feat or power to do this? Reason is I am told without a special feat or power, my character can only hit with either the main or off side of the weapon.

Mithreinmaethor

First Post
You only gain more than 1 attack thru the powers that you choose. If the power doesnt list 2 attacks (1 main hand and 1 off hand) then you only ever get 1 attack with the main hand.

chitzk0i

Explorer
First, if you don't take the feat for proficiency, you won't get the proficiency bonus. Second, if you aren't using a power that says something like "2 attacks (Main hand and off hand)" you won't get to attack with both ends in one round. Only certain classes have powers like this: rangers in the PHB, fighters in Martial Power, and now barbarians in Primal Power.

(A dual-wielding multiclass path would be pretty cool...)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads