• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Template or race for unseen seer build?

bigbaddragon

First Post
Hi all,

I'm joining a game soon and the DM is giving two free LA. Since I haven't had much experience with templates a question arise: which template or race would be good for unseen seer?

Also if the DM allows feats instead of those LA which one would you prefer?

Please name the source for your suggestions if possible at the moment.

Thanks

parinho7

First Post
races:
tiefling (la+1, monster manual)
fire elf (unearthed arcana)
jungle kobold (unearthed arcana)
Norker (DR343 p53)

templates:
half-vampire (libris mortis)
half-nymph (dr313 p96)

bigbaddragon

First Post
Arcane prestige class with full spellcasting that progresses sneak attack and gains bonus to caster level for divination spell. Can obtain 3 divination spells from other classes lists and ad them to your own list. This is largely used to get Ranger's (I think) spell Hunter's Eye. This spell gives you 1d6 SA/3 CL for one round. After this its up to you which ray you'll use to deliver those sneak attacks :). Something that would to well for this build would be a race/template with bonus to Int and Dex and decent stealth abilities, although this is not a priority because after gaining access to improved invisibility it would become less useful. Tiefling is solid but I really want that human bonus feat and skill point.

Unseen seer is from Complete Mage btw.

@ parinho7: thanks for suggestions.

FEADIN

Explorer
Dark template from Tome of Magic, +1 LA but underrated for a sneak class.
Gives +6 on move silently, +8 on hide, hide in plain sight ability, resistance to cold 5, +10' move, darkvision 60'.......
I have a human/dark 7th spellthief in my campaign and it's a good choice for rogue type.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
As I recall, the Winged template (Savage Species, +2LA?) gives some kind of nifty Dex bonus on top of the ability to fly...

Death from above!

Last edited:

Remove ads