• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Templates and Template-like PrC options for Forged Character

Tetujin

First Post
Im playing a Warforged Artificer and our party is getting a pretty high level (7th), and I'm gaining a bit of influcence in the Warforged community of Sharn. I recently was part of a miraculus resurection, and I would like some mechanical reflection of the mental effect this has had on him. I was consitering taking the same level progression as the Lord of Blades, but Juggernaught isn't quite right for a support character. Something like Starmetal Adept would be appropreate, but my DM would have to not only allow the adaption of infusing to arcane spellcasting ability, but then it would be the matter of getting all that starmetal or equally scarce material. So what I'm saying is I would like to branch off, But Jug isn't good since it's really for tank characters, though the embrassing of my Warforged-ness is dead on. In the case of Startmetal is mechanics are all perfect but the flavor is all wrong. I know there is soemthing out there perfect, and It might have to come from me working something out with my DM, but I would like to see if there is something I've skipped over. Oh, and so you get a better idea of what my character is all about, he is in no way following the teachings of the Lord of Blades, he feels that since the Warforged were created to do something humans could/would not, then they are in many ways supperior, BUT he feels that this means it is the responcibility of the Warforged to look after the fleshie races, act as caretakers, not slaves, and not exterminators. On the matter of his desire for influcence, he in no way wants to rival the Lord of Blades, he would mostly like to show some confused Warforged that there is another way. Oh, and other ideas I've had have been Techsmith (again many things would need to be tweaked for it to work) And Axiomatic might be approrpreate flavor wise, but again mechanically it's all wrong. Maybe there is some non offical template or template-like PrC (You know, like Dragon Deciple, or Elemental Savant...) from a source that is not completely broken....

Last edited:

Shin Okada

Explorer
Maybe you would better wait to see the upcoming Races of Eberron book (April this year). That book will likely to contain some new classes.

Remove ads