• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Temple of Bahumet, quickly written adventure, need opinions

BlindGeekUK

First Post
My gaming group have sprung a surprise session on me (we all work shifts so only get chance to play once a month or so)

I've knocked up a quick adventure based on the second level of the rivenroar map, giving it a bahumet theme with kobolds, a baby dragon etc.

Party consists of a cleric, a dragonborn paladin, a ranger, a warlock, a mage and a halfling thief, all level 3

I've taken some liberties with the monsters, down powering some, up powering some others. Can I get some opinions on whether its too hard etc.

Attachments

• Temple of Bahumet.pdf
    482.8 KB · Views: 194

yeturs

First Post
at a glance this looks good, but why bahamut ? hes the good dragon god and im pretty sure hes not into human sacrifice (could it be possible you meant tiamet? sorry if i seem rude ). it may be, however, that the kobolds have stolen the temple. i diddent really read the fluff but did notice bahamut a few times.

anywaythe monsters look OK and the traps are neat (a good way to slap the non bahamut worshiping paladin in the face!) and i may run my pcs through this. if i do i will give you further feedback.

thank you for the nice looking PDF and keep up the good work :D

Last edited:

BlindGeekUK

First Post
dragonborn paladin worships bahamut (now realise i spelt it wrong in the pdf) and so far he feels a bit left out (doesn't help he's missed 2 sessions). cleric worship avandra as do most of the others.

i've tried to tailor things to all the party, they have a mix of fire and cold and acid weapons/powers

idea is that a dragon has burrowed into the temple, and that kobolds have come to worship him. might change some encounters so that it seems that the kobolds are trying to change the statues into tiamet

yeturs

First Post
ah i see, thanks for clearing that up for me :D

i hope it goes well when you play it best of luck and keep up the good work

BlindGeekUK

First Post
I ran the adventure last night and it went very well.

Started around 7:45 pm, finished around 11:45 pm.

The party guessed that the dragonborn would probably be safe from any traps, so sent him into all the rooms first.

The first encounter with the drakes was sllooowwww..... partly due to the players having to get back into their characters mindset and the use of the d&d character builder power cards (had to keep pointing out that their attack bonus and damage was at the bottom). That lasted 6 or 7 rounds at least, and people were considering resorting to dailies in order to beat the things...

The encounter with the dragon though... They set of the menhir trap, so he was expecting them. He also had the highest initiative role, so Frightful presence (which affected all but the halfling thief), and then dragon breath (that missed everyone)

Then of the 6, only tthe dragonborn paladin missed. Everybody used dailies, and where possible daily weapons and utilities to enhance the hit chance. They more than bloodied the dragon in a single round of combat, which meant i could do the auto recharged dragon breath, this time hitting 2 of them.

Second round, the dragon bit down on the paladin, and he missed in melee so it tail slashed him, leaving him with about 6 hp left... Then the party cleric, who is pretty much the laughing stock because he never hits, got the killing blow.

They avoided all the other traps except the spear chuckers in the pillared halls.

The training room went very nicely. By that time, everybody had figured out the characters abilities and were comboing on creatures nicely. Party is effectively the paladin, rogue up front in melee, the cleric buffing, meleeing and lance of faithing where-ever is useful, and the mage, ranger and warlock at the back firing ranged attacks.

Best moments: them taking out the dragon so quickly, the ranger doing 2 interrupts in a single round and wiping out 4 creatures that round, the halfing player going 'oh no you don't!' as he plays his second chance, and then me laughing hysterically as my re-roll crits...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads