• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Temple of Elemental Evil Update Available!

Anyone that played the Temple of Elemental evil game released by Troika 4-5 years ago can tell you that it had a lot a bugs. A group of fans, calling themselves the Circle of Eight, got together and fixed those bugs, plus added a great deal of new items/creatures/quests/etc. They have now gone one better and released a demo version of Keep on the Borderlands. I've played around with for a few hours and it's a lot of fun-definately worth dusting off the old TOE cd. You can find out more information, along with step by step download/installation instructions here:

http://www.co8.org/forum/

Goose

First Post
I loved that game and especially loved what Co8 did with it. They really improved the game and made it easier to play. The combat i loved, the story was great (the first 7 times, gets old eventually). I always wondered why Atari didnt fix it and release expansions to the game, or maybe a toolset to allow us to do it ourselves. Its great to see Co8 releasing new content, will definately remember to check it out when i get back to the real world in may.

TheYeti1775

Adventurer
Going to be downloading when I get home, I can see that now.

TOEE and the Keep were some of the first adventures I ever did when I started RPing.

Vocenoctum

First Post
TheYeti1775 said:
Going to be downloading when I get home, I can see that now.

TOEE and the Keep were some of the first adventures I ever did when I started RPing.

I admit, I cheated. I was using the map book from my megamodule in some of the dungeon...

So, yeah, a buggy game, but a pretty good adaptation I think. It also did a real neat job of the 3.5e rules. I haven't played in a while.

Anurien

First Post
Does this run on Vista? I seem to recall that ToEE doesn't run on Vista......or maybe that was at the time the NVidia drivers were still buggy for Vista.

Anyone?

Just downloaded and started playing this. It's great to have an expnsion for my favorite D&D CRPG! I like that they've allowed the expansion of PCs in the party, so now I can have six PCs to get in all the classes I'd like.

So far, I've just explored bits of the Keep, but there is certainly a lot going on there! It'll really be great when the final game comes out so that you can adventure in the Caves of Chaos (the Demo is the Outer Bailey and the wilderness around the Keep).

Remove ads