• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Temple of the Frog d20 from WotC?

Ron

Explorer
Even if Dave Arneson has the rights, it would be in his best interest to have his setting promoted by WotC. Perhaps he allow them to update Temple of the Frog.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Monte At Home said:
It is curious, though, as to who actually owns the rights to Temple of the Frog/Blackmoor now. I had thought they were given to Dave permanently. Did they revert back to WotC recently?
AFAIK, WotC only granted Arneson and Zeitgeist Games the use of the Blackmoor trademark.

DClingman

First Post
Zeitgeist has licensed the Blackmoor trademark as well as all of the related materials that focus on Blackmoor. Some new information on this front will be announced shortly.

trancejeremy, if you ever, ever returned emails or PM's you'd have that book. I've sent you at least three PM's on EnWorld alone. I can't help if you don't respond. I still have that book signed but it's getting kinda tired hearing you go on without responding to my attempts to contact you. If you want the book, email me at dustin@zeitgeistgames.com.

Dustin

Felon

First Post
Wow, anyone else check out those supposedly-badass cyborgs? 68 hit points. Pretty lousy for the levels we're talking about.

The blasters', OTOH, rock quite hard. Too bad the borgs won't get much use out of'em.

rossik

Explorer
hey guys, i dont whant to offend nobody, but..whats the big deal about this adventure?

no, for real. im not saying that this adventure is good or not, but it seems that many people are making so much about it. so....

any coments about? ;)

Voadam

Legend
rossik said:
hey guys, i dont whant to offend nobody, but..whats the big deal about this adventure?

no, for real. im not saying that this adventure is good or not, but it seems that many people are making so much about it. so....

any coments about? ;)

Blackmoor is the oldest D&D supplement I believe, and it included Temple of the Frog.

Chiaroscuro23

First Post
I was already sold on Pbartender's idea of Iron Heroes vs. classic modules. This may be a good place to test it out. Maybe I'll get around to putting it together as a one-shot sort of thing, for use at a gameday or something. (Does ENWorld ever do games days in Wisconsin? There seem to be a lot of Madisonites here.)

Kevin Mayle

First Post
Voadam said:
Blackmoor is the oldest D&D supplement I believe, and it included Temple of the Frog.
Blackmoor was the second supplement, after Greyhawk, both from 1975, but Blackmoor is the oldest campaign setting, going back to 1968, and predating D&D by 7 years. Greyhawk, as a setting dates back to 1972.
The Temple of the Frog was published in the Blackmoor supplement, and was the first published rpg adventure scenario ever. The TSR liscenced modules from Wee Warriors came out the following year along with the original Wintercon V tournament module version of S4 Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth, and in 1978, the G series were the first full TSR modules (though only 8 pages apiece) to be published.
So The Temple of the Frog is historically important because if you weren't in Dave Arneson's Dungeons of Castle Blackmoor campaign, Gary Gygax's Dungeons of Castle Greyhawk campaign, or Rob Kuntz's Dungeons of Castle El Raja Key (Kalibruhn) campaign, this would have been the first official adventure anyone could play.

Remove ads