Terminator RPG -- anyone have it?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
My youngest has just discovered the Terminator series, starting with one of the many sequels, which got me thinking about how there's four (or more?) different timelines for the franchise now. Does anyone know if the RPG addresses this?

In the real world, this is due to the studios trying to kickstart the franchise again, but in-world, it's a mess of different time travelers jumping around, making an increasing mess of the tiimeline. And that, honestly, seems like a pretty fruitful RPG setting, with various time travelers from variant timelines with wildly different goals.

DammitVictor

Trust the Fungus
Supporter
Does anyone know if the RPG addresses this?

The RPG primarily focuses on the Resistance in the Future, in the 2020s and 2030s. It has a little bit about the Player Characters going back into the past in hot pursuit of a Terminator, but the core book only had the license for the first movie and the Dark Horse comics and the T2 supplement is coming very soon but... sounds like it's more about the T1 and T2 timelines.

In the real world, this is due to the studios trying to kickstart the franchise again, but in-world, it's a mess of different time travelers jumping around, making an increasing mess of the tiimeline. And that, honestly, seems like a pretty fruitful RPG setting, with various time travelers from variant timelines with wildly different goals.

I absolutely agree, which is why I went in for both Kickstarters, but what I want is a game for playing Sarah Connor Chronicles; I'm still entirely happy-- delighted-- with the products I've received so far, but I'm mostly having to fill in those details myself.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
The RPG primarily focuses on the Resistance in the Future, in the 2020s and 2030s. It has a little bit about the Player Characters going back into the past in hot pursuit of a Terminator, but the core book only had the license for the first movie and the Dark Horse comics and the T2 supplement is coming very soon but... sounds like it's more about the T1 and T2 timelines.
Hmm, so three or four more books to go, then, until they're allowed to officially address all this.

Maybe the answer is to make @Piratecat happy and use the TimeWatch RPG instead, although the Terminator movies don't feature a lot of the "ah ha, I stashed something behind this wall decades ago for just this moment!" shenanigans that TimeWatch features heavily.

Remove ads