Tests and Trials (Manzanita Judging)

Dungannon

First Post
Devlin looks around, then back at the clearing, then back to the party. "I think I have an idea, but it'll require cooperation by all of us. We need to find a way to get into the camp, preferably after the majority of the workers have left for the forest. We then need to approach the foreman or whoever is in charge of this logging camp and present ourselves as the lawful representatives of the rightful owners of this forest and demand that the men cease their activities and vacate the premises unless and until they can provide proof that they belong here. If we play this right, we may be able to bluff and intimidate our way through this with no bloodshed."

A look of hope crosses Devlin's face, as a faint smile starts to form on his lips, "Ya know, if everything works out, we may even be able to show a little profit from all this..."

Enkhidu

Explorer
"Sounds like a good enough plan. Anyone see how many loggers there were in camp, just in case we get cursed with orc-luck and this plan falls to pieces?"

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Nobody got a perfect count, the men were constantly moving about, going into buildings, and so on. But there seemed to be a fair amount, twenty men, give or take.

scout989

First Post
Dungannon said:
Devlin looks around, then back at the clearing, then back to the party. "I think I have an idea, but it'll require cooperation by all of us. We need to find a way to get into the camp, preferably after the majority of the workers have left for the forest. We then need to approach the foreman or whoever is in charge of this logging camp and present ourselves as the lawful representatives of the rightful owners of this forest and demand that the men cease their activities and vacate the premises unless and until they can provide proof that they belong here. If we play this right, we may be able to bluff and intimidate our way through this with no bloodshed."

A look of hope crosses Devlin's face, as a faint smile starts to form on his lips, "Ya know, if everything works out, we may even be able to show a little profit from all this..."
"Hmm, I think I'll let you do the talking there. It always seems to get me into trouble. Well, you're the man with the plan. What part would you like me to take on this venture? I don't even know the details, but I know your plan is better than anything I've come up with so far."

Dungannon

First Post
"Okay, if we're agreed then lets keep an eye on the camp until it empties out." With that, Devlin begins heading along just inside the treeline until he is off to one side of the camp but away from where the main logging appears to be taking place.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
The gang moves forward, silently as they can, towards the loggers' settlement. It seems like the workers are closing up for the day, binding bundles of wood together, stacking them up, putting away the saws and axes, and the like. No more cutting of wood. And after everything is packed away for the night, they all trudge wearily up to the central tent. Three men come out of the tent, now, and set up a moving perimeter about the settlement. They have swords at their hips and bows on their backs, but they don't seem too worried about intruders.

The sun is now below the horizon.

Dungannon

First Post
Devlin sees the circumstances and utters a silent curse before addressing Luthiel and the others. "Well, I don't think right now is the best time to approach them. Let's hang back in the woods for the night and enter the camp after they debark in the morning."

ooc:damn, forgot about time of day. I thought is was morning, not afternoon.

Remove ads