D&D General Thank you Moderators

aco175

Legend
Just wanted to say thank you to the mods on this site for the last week(s) of activity and how things are being handled. Seems like the site is in overdrive with threads and posts about the Apocalypse of Destruction raining down from the Heavens. All the mods deserve a thank you for your work you do.

1673442506457.png

Clint_L

Hero
This is on the shortlist for D&D crises, depending on how it comes out. I would argue that the bankruptcy of TSR tops it, and Gygax losing control of the company.

Edit: That could change - let's see what happens.

Last edited:

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I have to point out because of the way the OGL has been used this reaches beyond the D&D-sphere proper in a way those didn't.
This pretty much sums up my take in all of this. The fact the implications go well beyond D&D make this a matter to be very disappointed in to say the least.

Retreater

Legend
I was preparing a thread to apologize to everyone about the way this is affecting me and how I'm discussing it on these boards.
I'll just put it here. I'm going to try to be less of a problem and adding fuel to the fire.
A lot of us are worried. Maybe we can try to be more supportive than divisive?
Regardless of what WotC ultimately does, I'm not going to let it have a power over me and how I interact with you.

Thomas Shey

Legend
This pretty much sums up my take in all of this. The fact the implications go well beyond D&D make this a matter to be very disappointed in to say the least.

its certainly less of an issue for those outside the D&D-sphere than in; other games can republish if necessary, and there's little ripple-back that can cause. But it'll be a big pain in the behind.

Its just that its less of an existential threat than it is to, say, Paizo.

Remove ads